Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ashbaker
    Started by ashbaker,

    Are the 4 questions that are asked during the interview solely on experiences from your past? The competency answers from the application form mostly correspond to the 4 competency areas being questioned in the interview, but is there a possibility that the interviewer will ask you a question which does not relate to these experiences you put on the form? As an example, could they twist the question so that your example, even though it covers the competency area, does not fit the question they ask? e.g. "Tell us about an experience in your past where you have shown respect for race and diversity." but the question is twisted to say, "Tell us about a time in your past wher…

  2. Tufty
    Started by Tufty,

    Has anyone done this? I'm waiting for a start date at the moment but a lovely big pile of personal s**te mean I'm going to have to defer (if I'm allowed) Is this an option do you know? Has anyone done it?

    • 1 reply
    • 535 views
  3. Squaddiecop
    Started by Squaddiecop,

    Hi, thanks guys for answering my last question, app in with West Mids, all my refs have now been contacted, is this a good sign?, light near the end of the tunnel perhaps?

    • 0 replies
    • 443 views
  4. summer
    Started by summer,

    Can anyone tell me who has been through the process with West Mids what they look at with finances. Do they do a credit check or how do they do it? Also how is the fitness test. It it better doing the circuit than the bleep test!! Any tips folks

    • 12 replies
    • 745 views
  5. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    In the wriitten part of the A/c do you have to complete it all in the aloted time or does it matter if you only get part way through, Just seems that people are saying that the time flys bye before you know it. Comments welcome W1LL

    • 1 reply
    • 308 views
  6. ChrisDownes
    Started by ChrisDownes,

    After crashing out of the vetting checks for Staffs Specials last year due to being in an IVA, I have today been notified that Staffs are happy to proceed my application to the next stage of recruitment! I cleared my IVA via a full and final settlement in January this year, and have since been in contact with Staffs recruitment in order to pass the vetting checks as I am now debt free. It seems like its taken forever, but I am finally cleared!! Bring on the interview!!! A very happy Chris

    • 5 replies
    • 898 views
  7. summer
    Started by summer,

    Does anyone know about West Mids and defaults on a credit file. If they are paid off would they accept that or not untill after 6 yrs when they are removed from file ??

    • 0 replies
    • 294 views
  8. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    Just finished my assessment centre with the MOD Police. Passed my fitness test the day before (level 8 on the bleep!). Day went really smoothly, the recruiting team really have a well oiled machine with no problems the whole day and made to feel at ease. Very happy with how my interview and role plays went, but didn't finish what I wanted to write during both written reports. Completed the logic reasoning test but only finished 3/4 of the maths exam Is this a problem? I still had 3 or 4 questions remaining - should I have finished all the questions to be in with a chance? Can't stop thinking about what I could have done differently! Oh well, will find out by 3rd August…

    • 2 replies
    • 612 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  9. 5581daniel
    Started by 5581daniel,

    Well how gutted am I!!!!!! Just got the feedback this morning and by the looks of things it was the maths that messed up my mark. I received a D in this area. The overall mark 56% Respect for Race and Diversity was 76% Oral Communication was 100% Written Communication was 44% ( I got B's and C's in the report writing, a B in the VLRT and a D in the maths) All I can say is, knowing that it's the maths that has set me back, I know that come the second time around I should have learnt what 2 + 2 equals and fly through!!!!!! This is just a 6 month delay in the application as far as I see it!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  10. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Hi all, I am at the above next week. Looking forward to it, although with a little, no I lie, a lot of trepidation. Have done quite a lot of homework, (Well as much as you can without knowing the full extent of the topics to be covered), so fingers crossed, I should be fine. (I hope). Wish me luck. Will be spending the next few days rehearsing on anyone who cares to listen. Have bored my family to death already. Your fair game if you knock at my door. The postman refuses to deliver letters anymore. LOL. If anyone else is in the same boat, I wish you all the best.

    crinklybottom
  11. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi, I'm after a little advice about working out. I have my fitness test for Lothian and Borders Police in 4 and a half weeks. I am fairly confident that i'll be fine for the 1.5 mile run. For the push/pull machine I know what exercises I need to do but I need to work out some kind of schedule. I need to improve my upper body stength a lot and I've been informed to make sure I leave a day between working out with weights, to enable my muscles to repair and develop. I was thinking that I should do 4 days muscle workout and each day imbetween do a cardio workout. Do people who are experienced at working out think that would work? I'm going to be taing a protein suppl…

    • 8 replies
    • 570 views
  12. Hodge1546620135
    Started by Hodge1546620135,

    Hey everyone! I've been looking at the site whilst completing my application, I have to say a massive thankyou to probably everyone whose posts I looked at! Just applied to West Yorks, and wondered if anyone else has, and if they have heard back yet. I applied 10th May and haven't heard anything yet

    • 29 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. Wushu
    Started by Wushu,

    The search bar is not working on my pc, so i've had to post a thread instead. I'm sorry if this has been covered already. Basically i finish college next year, and im considering a career in the police force but i'm wondering if i would be rejected due to only being 18 1/2 years old when i finish, since i've heard the police force prefer people with more experience? Thanks adam.

  14. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Ok, got my medical tomorow at west mids and just wondered how long the appointment will take. it starts at 7:15 so just wondered how long i'll be in there for! any ideas? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 582 views
    The Backwards Man
  15. Tufty
    Started by Tufty,

    I've got my medical on Thursday, can anyone tell me what happens after that? And possible time scales? Thanks in advance :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.