Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Ok. I have been practising my interview answers for next weeks A/C and the average answer is about two minutes long. Is this too short? I have got the core competencies in the answers but i am wondering if i need to pad them out a little or should i just leave them as they are and wait for any additional questions from the interviewer. Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 274 views
  2. sarah21546620127
    Started by sarah21546620127,

    Can anyone give me any advice on the avon and somerset assessment day. Found out today that I have mine in July and have been feeling sick every since. Any advice on what are the best things to practice - I have booked a training day which I hope will help but any tips would be great!

    sarah21546620127
  3. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    Is it me or does this seem to be a trick question??? What did YOU do to ensure the team were able to get the result they wanted? I ask this because when i did my Team Building course earlier on this year one of the fundamental rules was " There is no I in team"..............

    • 5 replies
    • 612 views
    Morning_Glory1546620138
  4. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    PSNI are currently looking for Sergeants and Chief Superintendents to transfer in... Transfer to Police Service Of Northern Ireland - Sergeant Transfer to Police Service Of Northern Ireland - Chief Superintendent

    • 0 replies
    • 668 views
  5. simpleton7890
    Started by simpleton7890 * ,

    Hey there. I am a new poster however long time lurker. I have not searched this issue and please feel free to link me to past threads but here goes. I wish to apply to the force at 18.5. Realistically and from the experience do forces even bother looking at people so young?? i appreciate the need for life experience but if the oppurtunity arose to join the police at 18 i would snap at it!! All recruitment sites give minimum age 18.5 but in all practice is this a realistic goal? thanks all for adivce!

    • 9 replies
    • 684 views
  6. barneskm
    Started by barneskm,

    Hi Had my first arrest this week quickly followed by another. Was so pleased , sad i know, but if you haven`t got the enthusiasim now , you never will!! Starting to realise why people complain about the amount of paperwork. Theres so much of it. Now convinced this is the job for me

    SWilks1546620034
  7. las_1985
    Started by las_1985,

    hey all, start on pdu this tuesday. am working 3 days and then 3 nights, i have never worked nights before and am bit worried about all sorts of things such as sleeping, eating and staying awake. has nayone got any tips for wowking nights and also for going out on shift. got massive feeling its going to be bit of a shock from "classroom" cheers all. x

    • 6 replies
    • 894 views
    Kopite1546619987
  8. Mossy1546620142
    Started by Mossy1546620142,

    Got this 2 days after requesting it. I guess that guy was on the ball after all. Let me know when you all get yours through!

    • 14 replies
    • 2k views
  9. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All I am waiting for a date for my fitness test/Interview which, so I have heard on the grapevine, will be held on the same day. Thing is, if I pass this stage, I am worried about references. It said on the application form when applying that one reference has to be your current employer, but isn't to be related to you. This is where it goes "belly up" .... my boss is my father in law whom I have worked for 4 the last 8 yrs. Surely they must come accross this all the time. I phoned them when I passed the papersift, and they said not to worry .... I'm confused. Any advice would be super! ALSO Bleep test.... gonna feel a right wally.... is it difficult?? Abbie …

    • 3 replies
    • 613 views
  10. ten bob
    Started by ten bob,

    I know you can't apply to more than one force at a time for the role of police officer, but is it possible to have another application to a different force to be a PCSO or Special Constable?

    • 2 replies
    • 582 views
  11. wattalan81
    Started by wattalan81,

    Hi all, Just got a call to say I start at Derbyshire on March 19, anybody else start on same day. I've got my induction day next Wed (Feb 14).

    • 3 replies
    • 846 views
  12. benton
    Started by benton,

    Hi, ive just got a phone call that i have my medical for West Mids Police, what can i expect to do within this medical

  13. Frosty11
    Started by Frosty11,

    Does anyone have any idea on what numbers northumbria are looking for in the way of successful applicants? I spoke to the recruitment department today and as expected, they were unwilling to give any indication as to what police officer postions needed to be filled and also how many intakes were taking place for the next 12 months. However, they did say that there was no capped number and that they were looking to get as many through as possible but out of around 1000 - 1500 applications this could mean that they get very selective on the papersift. Has anyone had any previous experience with northumbria and it's recruitment drives?

    • 9 replies
    • 963 views
  14. Lins0304
    Started by Lins0304,

    Hi, Does anyone know if women are under-represented in DC?

    Dogs of Blackpool
  15. brooker
    Started by brooker,

    i have my medical on the 17th may and am a abit wary about starting on my protein drinks , does anybody know if there is anything in these drinks that they might not like on the medical ? i think im just being completely paranoid now :roll:

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.