Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Hi everyone, I.m by no means gloating, but I found out last Wednesday that I had passed everything for GMP and had my letter of acceptence on Friday for August 6th start, just like to say thanks to everyone who helped me, its taken 12 months to get in, and on many occasions have doubted whether it was worth all the hassle, and I can safely say it definately is!!! good luck to all, and once again thanks

  2. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    Hmmm was wondering, I have worked for my current employer for about 4.5 years now, but when looking through the application i have to put down my job previous to this one. Anyway, I ohoned them up the other day to ask for a reference from the manager i used to work for, but he has left. I also asked for the supervisor and he too has left. Basically the people i used to work for at that company have all gone, will this cause me a problem or would they be happy with my current employer ???? Thanks in advance.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. LTEDD
    Started by LTEDD,

    Hi, i'm currently a serving pcso in the met, coming up for a years service. I attendednan assessment centre recently for Surrey police and was successful. But I was told I would have to wait till the end of 2008 at the earliest for an "appointment offer". Is it possible to transfer an application to another force once an assessment centre is complete? I want to become a Pc asap and heard the met recruit former met pcso's at a fast rate? Thanks for any help in advance... L

    • 0 replies
    • 618 views
  4. stemma6
    Started by stemma6,

    Hello, New to this forum. Just wondering what everyones views are on applications. Is written applications better than internet or does it not matter. Also, I currently work as Police support staff and have tattoos on my forearms. Their policy is that if you have tattoos then they need to be covered up ie long sleeved shirts. I work in custody and wear them all the time. My view is that if you don't have a problem wearing them all the time then there isn't a problem.

  5. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    I have read in various books and within this this forum various examples where people have spoken about quoting 'code of conduct'. My Welcome pack doesn't contain this, I am assuming this has been scrapped, could anyone tell me if I have anything to worry about?! Thanks!

    Blueboy1546620110
  6. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    Question as in title, these are the following stages listed on the WMP recruitment website Application form | Assessment Centre | Background Checks | Medical | Fitness test At what point if any do they use a structured interviewn the recruitment process? I understand there is a 20 minute interview based around the core competencies, but this is dictated by people who have not seen my application form. Is there not a stage where I'm questioned about other aspects regarding my application form etc? Thanks all.

    • 5 replies
    • 857 views
  7. las_1985
    Started by las_1985,

    hello all, have just done my consolidation exercise on IPLDP and have to go court next week and give evidence.....its only role play but im bricking it! any tips?

  8. Tallpaul847
    Started by Tallpaul847,

    Hi, anyone on here due to start with Essex soon? I got my provisional start date for the 28thAug but i've not heard anything since my medical over a month or so ago. Anyone else in the same position?

    • 1 reply
    • 371 views
  9. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hello, Just after a little info regarding putting your children on the application or vetting form i have a daughter aged 3 years. On my application it said only state children if aged 10 years or above i just want to make sure ive done right not putting my daughter on the form. Also that the application or vetting form does state this. Pat

  10. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi All, I have been waiting 2 months so far for my vetting and as of yet no word. Though i know people have waited six months for vetting in the past so i should be more patient i am also aware of people who have start dates who started vetting the same time as me. Could any one give reasons why vetting for me could take so long i have only lived at two different addresses in the last 20 years,only have a few family members to declare none of whom have had any dealings with the police and i had a pnc check at the start of my application and have no police record. Though i do have a irish surname which i believe can drag the process out. Any info would be appreciated.…

    • 5 replies
    • 946 views
  11. Gorbash1546620137
    Started by Gorbash1546620137,

    Hi all I was just wondering if anybody had heard when the interviews for Cheshire will be. I attended that lovely day at the A/C on the 29th April and recieved my letter saying i had passed on the 12th May. I thought they would have been a date decided by now so i was just wondering. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 557 views
  12. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    Hi all, Well just found out that i passed the papersift and have A/C on 11-Sept-07 in Sulhamstead. Not yet received the Westshire pack etc for the day. Could i have some pinters please on what to read up on and any advise would be most greatfull. I have been reading up on my Application anwsers for the interview, Just not sure what else to do, Currently i am a PCSO for Nhants so the rols plays i am less worried about due to having to deal with different scenrios each day. Anyone else have A'C that day. Thanks guys and girls W1LL

    • 2 replies
    • 370 views
    Gorbash1546620137
  13. Emma1983
    Started by Emma1983,

    Hi Does anyone know how this works and whether it is worth it? Also do the police frown upon it, or do they see it as coaching rather than cheating?! Thanks

  14. misty1546620141
    Started by misty1546620141,

    Has anyone been to their gp and had their ears syringed ready for their hearing test? Will it make much difference?

    • 9 replies
    • 736 views
  15. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Has anyone got their date for the full medical or fitness test for West Mercia who applied in January 07? I have been waiting for about 4 weeks now!

    • 6 replies
    • 520 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.