Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. CeeBee
    Started by CeeBee,

    I've applied for Humberside (way back in March 2006) I passed the fitness, passed the A/C and am waiting on an appointment for my medical. I received a letter the other day requesting a (2nd) Security check and another fitness test (they each only last 6 months). Is it unusual for the recruitment process to go on so long that these have to be done twice? Looks like I'll be getting my running shoes out of storage and getting ready for the bleep test again CeeBee

    • 3 replies
    • 776 views
  2. richardisc
    Started by richardisc,

    It is a long and stressful process applying for the police north of the border. I recently found out that I have been successful at final interview but I couldn't have done it without the help I received along the way. I wish I had discovered police oracle when I was preparing! If anyone is applying to a Scottish Force and has any questions they want to ask someone who has just been through the process please leave me a message and I will do my best to help. Obviously I won't do anything unethical and I won't tell you what they will ask or what you must do, after all the process is tough to make sure you are right for the job. But if you need some advise, or…

  3. GRW1546620137
    Started by GRW1546620137,

    Hi folks, I know there are similar threads but I can't seem to find them... one of my dumb moments I have just passed my medical and am awaiting a start date, Was just wondering what kit you are issued with at TVP and whether there is anything I should consider buying to life a little easier? cheers all!

    snowball1546080907
  4. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    Hello there everyone. I'm Steve and I'm 18 years of age. I have been interested in joining the Police for quite some time now. Northumbria Police applications open at 01:00 hours(stated on www.policecouldyou.co.uk). My question is, do I apply by attaching a CV through the internet, or do I apply and receive an application pack through the post, or do I apply online? This is my first time applying. I was also wondering, how favourable are the Police to applicants with quite good education. I will have 4 A-Levels by the time I apply. Is there anything else that they favour? Than you for your help :)

    • 4 replies
    • 578 views
  5. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    Is it best to apply as soon as possible(deadline in a month) or are all applicants given a fair chance no matter when they apply during the period?

    • 2 replies
    • 516 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  6. stevenb1546620123
    Started by stevenb1546620123,

    Can't find it anywhere in my docs. Have been through twice. I'm a Proby (Student) and want to hand in my notice. Can't see how long the notice period is. Does it vary from force to force? I won't quit until I get another job though...can't afford to be unemployed! 28 days or 4 weeks or 1 month? Cheers all

  7. ema2305
    Started by ema2305,

    Hi all, I was meant to have my medical on 27th June for Merseyside, but got a phone call on friday morning saying they've had a cancellation and want to move my medical forward to this thursday, 7th June. :confused: So i agree and they send me a new letter out. Can anybody tell me what happens in the medical because i have not got a clue. What clothes should i wear? also, my bmi is just over 30, i have lost a stone in the last month and i am planning on losing a lot more weight, but i just know that i am going to fail this medical on my weight. I have spoke to serving officers and they are saying i have nothing to worry about, by looking at me, but i just know my wei…

  8. barneskm
    Started by barneskm,

    Hi Im now on week 24 of the 30 week training at HQ. I feel like im wishing my life away at the moment to get to the end of it. The classroom is roasting due to the hot weather and no air con and so each day seems so long. Ive been on a few attachents at different stations and loved it but desperate to get out of the classroom now. Anyone else feel the same?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Hi guys Is there any way to find out what your scores were on each area of the competeancy questions- would just like to know out of curiosity :) The HR person said I would get some info in the post about the A/C 2 weeks beforehand- do the papersift results come with that? Matt

    • 4 replies
    • 751 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  10. Brummie1546620126
    Started by Brummie1546620126,

    I am currently in the recruitment process with North Yorks. I have passed papersift and I am waiting for AC date which I'm told is likely to be the end of July. My problem is this: Northumbria have just started recruiting again and this is my local force. This would mean I wouldn't have to move so is obviously a better option. Is it possible to transfer my application at this stage? And if it is, how do I go about it? Thanks

  11. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    As the title states. Thank you for your answer :)

    • 5 replies
    • 693 views
  12. Ross1546620138
    Started by Ross1546620138,

    Hiya Guys, I have my first assessment centre day on Thursday! I am quite happy and been as positive as possible about the day, I have an issue with the Verbal Logical Reasoning tests? This week I seem to be getting more and more wrong and I'm starting to get a little concerned, I'm concentrating on the questions and not panicking I just seem to have lost the knack?? Can anybody advise me on them, is there a knack or any tips you have found by doing them?

  13. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    Hi there. Don't suppose there are any friendly qualified Police or people in the same boat as me, applying for the Police. I'm applying for Northumbria, and would like to discuss the application process over msn. If anyone has msn, add me on steve-gibson220@hotmail.co.uk Preferably someone that doesn't mind me asking questions lol. Thanks :)

    • 2 replies
    • 503 views
  14. paulw1546620052
    Started by paulw1546620052,

    i failed the a/c earlier this year and want to reapply asap. i have been told that the 6 month rule is a bit of a grey area and can be overlooked under certain circumstances. i am clutching at straws here but i am desperate to reapply. my westshire pack from february is dated 1st nov 06 - 31 oct 07. does anyone know if this means the questions/content of all the a/c's within this period will be the same? i am hoping that they chang the examples every 6 months? the only 'question specific' info that is given in the pack are the names of the roleplay characters, but i am thinking that even if they change the scenarios, they could still keep the same names. this would sa…

    • 1 reply
    • 462 views
    honey1546620120
  15. alexprice28
    Started by alexprice28,

    Hi All. I found out that I passed my assessment centre (GMP) on Thursday, and im now filling in all the security, medical forms, etc. I was just wondering at what stage it is recommended to inform my current employers that I have applied. In my application I requested that I be informed prior to the GMP contacting them, but at what stage would the recruitment dept usually do this? Thanks for any help you can provide. And good luck to all who are applying.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.