Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Sgt_Scamell
    Started by Sgt_Scamell,

    I know it says the minimum age is 18, and I am really hoping to join at 18 but how hard will it be? Would they prefer it if one had some experience first? Please share your expereinces such as approx. age when you joined, and what experience you had. Also, does going to uni help? My parents would rather me apply to universties then join the police later, but does having a degree really help? I would probably do a Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures degree or Network Security degree. Thanks in advance :)

    • 7 replies
    • 663 views
    TaitM91546620137
  2. snortbrick
    Started by snortbrick,

    Does anyone know how long it takes for some reply to the candidate registration being sent in?

    • 1 reply
    • 436 views
  3. kizzy
    Started by kizzy,

    NEED YOUR HELP GUYS PLEASE. I HAVE LOOKED AT THE WESTSHIRE CENTRE INFO. THE BIG ISSUE VENDOR QUESTION - ALTHOUG THE FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER IS THE MAIN PRIORITY, MY FEELINGS ARE ALSO TO PROTECT THE VENDOR. IS THIS WRONG? CAN ANYONE REMEMBER MORE ABOUT EACH ROLE PLAY ACTIVITY CHEERS KIZ

    • 3 replies
    • 525 views
  4. owen44
    Started by owen44 * ,

    Hi, I have a question regarding DR10 convictions. I understand that you cannot apply until 10 years from date of conviction but even when this has elapsed will this go against the application and will circumstances be taken into account e.g. age, alcohol limits, weight etc etc? Is there really any chance of getting into the police with this on a file or anything that can be done? Any info will be gratefully received. Cheers :smiley_notworthy:

    horndawg801546620114
  5. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    At what stage of service do officers undertake the driving courses? Thanks in advance. Andrew.

    • 23 replies
    • 2.8k views
    tango mike 25
  6. GRW1546620137
    Started by GRW1546620137,

    passed my medical last week and brought along the DVLA D4 form as I was told to do, had it all filled in, but when I left the doctor mumbled something about I need to send it off with my full licence to get an additional section added?!?! Does anybody know where I need to send all this, when I need o and why I need to? I can't find the information anywhere in my paperwork!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  7. fran1982
    Started by fran1982,

    anyone else due to start with west mercia on the 16th july?

    • 7 replies
    • 576 views
  8. 1ManRiot
    Started by 1ManRiot,

    How long after bankruptcy will I be eligible to re-apply for the police? Am I looking at a full 5 years? I haven't actually declared myself bankrupt but I'm very much thinking about it. The problem is, the only thing I really want to do in life is join the police!!

    • 4 replies
    • 541 views
  9. abigaillucy
    Started by abigaillucy,

    Hiya! Just got a question to do with the financial checks that are done as part of the application process! Well....yesterday, I checked my credit file with Experian and to my horror, a loan that I thought had been paid off last year was showing as a level 8 default! I got straight on the phone to the company to check and to cut a long story short, I don't owe them anything and they admitted that it was their error! Bloody typical The company have said that they will fill out the necessary form off to Experian and note will be added to my credit file! Anyway, I just wondered at what point the financial checks are done? I have applied to West Mids and am currently aw…

    Kopite1546619987
  10. k1ngy1546620134
    Started by k1ngy1546620134,

    Hi all, I have just submitted my application for TVP (Friday). Im hoping it went through i submitted and everything went through at 1659 deadline was 1700 but didnt notice an email for email address verification until 20.00 i done that and it said thanks for submitting etc. Any way fingers crossed, Steve.

    • 5 replies
    • 525 views
  11. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    Hi Everyone, Attending my A/C on Thursday and wondered whether anyone could provide me with any tips/things to look out for, particulary with the interview or A/C on the whole? I have 'prepped' myself as much as i can within the arithmetic and verbal tests and panicked alittle at the role play scenarios! I have read the 'Westshire Centre' welcome pack and wondered whether there are any bits in particular i need to focus on or whether i am just to familarise myself in general with the content?? Any final tips/advice would be appreciated, not just for me but also as a source of info for others attending in the not so distant future. Thanks..…

  12. Ross1546620138
    Started by Ross1546620138,

    Hi guys, who was there and how is your prep going for next Thursday?

  13. alexprice28
    Started by alexprice28,

    Hi All. Had my GMP assesment centre on the 21st, and I feel like it went pretty well (although every time I look back i think of something else I should have done). After treating myself to a week off to recover from the trauma, I'm starting to think about the final interview stage. Does anyone have any info on what I can expect, questions that might be asked, things it would be wise to do in terms of preparation? Any help would be welcome. Cheers Alex.

    • 2 replies
    • 511 views
  14. Tower
    Started by Tower,

    Hi there, this boards been great for advice and confidence as its always nice to see people asking similar questions that you had, make me feel less stupid. Right the thing is for previous employments theres a few jobs where i genuingly cant recall a name of a contact. Been recommended to put down 'not in situ' and another previous employment of mine closed down, it was a local gym. Any advice, was gonna ring the recruitment line to ask about it. Wanting to get this sent off this week, prepped a fair bit for it just gotta get it written out before i send it down to merseyside. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Tower

    • 3 replies
    • 452 views
  15. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Hi, as a special I currently have my 'b' ticket for driving. When I start as a reg will I be able to transfer my authority to my new collar number/rank etc? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.