Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    I have applied to Northants, idealy it would have been Cambridgshire, but I did not fancy the wait! I am hoping that I love Northants enough to move into the area or continue commuting, but if I wanted to transfer to Cambs how soon would I be able to apply and what are the criteria for a transfer? I'm not in yet, but just like to think ahead. Many thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. walkon
    Started by walkon,

    i need to know what any of you needed to become a police so i can get to it wihout worrying too much plz help me

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Pete14
    Started by Pete14,

    Have been searching strathclydepolice.co.uk but can not find this report. What is the reports title for the search engine? I know the mission statement is "working together.. building safer communities" but have been informed that their is another one. Anybody know what it is?

    • 8 replies
    • 533 views
  4. goughy1546620133
    Started by goughy1546620133,

    Hi all this is my first post on these forums. I've been reading tons of threats, Ive learnt loads so thanks for that and hope to apply in one years time wen i turn 18! I was just wondering whats really involved in the first 2 years. I understand that you do all of your learning, but is it in a classroom environment, with learning practice skills out on patrol etc. Just some general information would be great! Thanks in advance!

    • 1 reply
    • 638 views
  5. Nattynoodles
    Started by Nattynoodles,

    Please Help I know that you can only apply for one force / constabulary at a time but does this also apply to the Military Police. Can you submit an Application with them say at the same time as submitting one to Dorset? thanks loads

  6. Carott
    Started by Carott,

    A friend of mine recently joined northants police, one of the items he received was a black wallet with a metal badge of the northants police logo, he of course showed me this pivately and not in public view, i wondered if all forces receive one of these? Im due to start with cambs sometime this spring and wondered if we need to buy a suitable wallet for this, or wether or not its something which is issued as standard?

    • 28 replies
    • 5k views
  7. Pelboy
    Started by Pelboy,

    Having just left the armed forces I had to reigster with a doctor. He has just charged me £20 to sign my medical questionnaire. I have been told that I will be unable to claim it back. Is this the same for all or just my area?

    • 2 replies
    • 492 views
  8. raycurran
    Started by raycurran,

    Hello All, Im new to all this. Ive just applied to Surrey Police to be a constable. Ive passed the paper sift and Ive got my fitness test on the 29th May. I keep getting conflicting info about the bleep test... Is it 20m or 15m? (ive been training for 20m) Endurance isnt my strong point, I'm more of a sprinter. Ive heard they make you warm up o level 3. Will I be spent before I start? When I did a practice for the first time (with little or no warm up, perhaps a very light jog) I got 6.4, had a 7 min rest and reached 5.4 then decided to stop. The second time I did it, my superfit brother in law (he does triathlons!) made me 'warm up' by taking me on a 3.5 mile bike ri…

    • 2 replies
    • 529 views
  9. jonheed
    Started by jonheed,

    Hey folks. For the past few years I've had problems with a recurring throat virus that for some reason just won't go away for good. In 2005 it was terrible and resulted in me having 5 occurences of sickness totalling 14 days. Obviously this messed up my Bradford Score something rotten. And also I felt rotten lol. For the past 2 years it's been better (never quite gone) so I've had 1 occurence of sickness which was for 4 days recently. I have been to the docs frequently even when I haven't been off work and every time they say it's a virus, nothing much to worry about, rest and drink water etc. Naturally I'm worried that this is going to mean I'd be unsuccessful on a me…

    • 2 replies
    • 328 views
  10. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    I been thinking about why most of the forces placed the Vetting(security check) last of all the tests,Surely it's a bit unfair if candidate pass all the exam and test,fail on vetting,Don't you think it will waste times and commitments on the candidates and the forces.Can any body answer me this???

    • 4 replies
    • 458 views
  11. jamie2

    Hi, i'm just new to the forum. I've been looking through the internet for resources about UK policing for a while now and I'm fully convinced that this it the career path that I want to follow. I'm from West Lothian in Scotland and my local force is Lothian and Borders. Im 16 years old and I understand that I have to be 18 before I can apply to join the police. I have a credit level 1 in standard grade English, and a credit level 2 in Biology, Chemistry, History and Music. Would these grades mean a lot to the recruitment staff? How hard is the competition to get in to Scottish police forces? Thanks, Jamie

    • 3 replies
    • 664 views
  12. Memnoch1546620097
    Started by Memnoch1546620097,

    I have heard from a few different sources now that if you fail assessment centre withing a few percent then you can re-attend an assessment 6 months later without having to re-apply and go through the paper sift etc. I have heard that this is true for West Midlands Police, has anybody heard of this rumour before ? More importantly has anyone failed an assessment for West Midlands then re-done the assessment without re-applying ?

    • 9 replies
    • 886 views
  13. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    I am currently due to attend my 2 day assessment for the Ministry of Defence police on the 17th July, however as part of the assessment there is mention of a firearms assessment. Obviously the role involves being trained in the use of firearms, but what exactly does the firearms assessment comprise of? Thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 609 views
  14. tfu20
    Started by tfu20,

    Got my letter saying I'd passed intial selection last week, and that AC will be held autumn 2007 onwards. Anybody know where the avon and somerset AC's are held? Is it at the training centre in Portishead?

    • 4 replies
    • 366 views
  15. cooaacchh69
    Started by cooaacchh69,

    Anyone know of any good books to help with the IPDLP course or any books that i could read to brush up on my knowledge before i start my course

    • 3 replies
    • 666 views
    snowball1546080907

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.