Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. northern_rock
    Started by northern_rock,

    Right, I know theres a few posts regarding tattoos, but what my question is, would a tattoo of a cross be deemed offensive, or disrespectful say. As obviously there are different religions and beliefs etc, mine being catholic, hence the cross, but would they class a cross as being disrespectful to other religions? The tattoo is on my upper arm, and only partially visible with a short sleever on. Any comments or feedback would be great, cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 384 views
  2. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    Hi all. Received a big brown envelope today, and apparently I've passed the papersift and been invited to an assesment on 17/07/07 for the Ministry of Defence Police. I received all the information about Centrex/fitness testing/medical/firearms etc but no grades relating to the competancies nor have they stated 'you have passed the papersift' - just that they are 'in a position to take your application further'. Lastly, I posted my application on the 4th of this month and received the letter today (11th) - is this right? That has to be a record in terms of papersift returns! 2 Questions: 1) Do all forces issue grades in a letter inviting you to assesment/informing you…

    • 5 replies
    • 589 views
  3. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Hi all, sorry if this sounds dull, but with GMP do you they do fitness and medical in the same day? I have mine on the 22nd of May. Cheers :)

    • 6 replies
    • 450 views
  4. Thin Blue Line1546620116
    Started by Thin Blue Line1546620116,

    Hi as most of the areas have their own thread I'd thought I 'd start one for Wiltshire - as its so rare they even open recruiting! For myself I've just had my A/C (31/01/07) and waiting for results - no nails left will be up to my elbows next week! Anyone else out there?

    • 3 replies
    • 478 views
    Thin Blue Line1546620116
  5. lianne221984
    Started by lianne221984,

    Hello all, this is my first post, so hello to everyone. I am currently a PCSO with Durham Constabulary, i initially applied for PC, passed the paper sift and went to the assessment centre......but fell short by 6%, so i was offered an interview for PCSO, and i got the job. Durham are recruiting internally first, with Specials, PCSO's and Police Staff, does any one have any tips please, i have a good support network at my station and everyone is all too happy to help; but more brains are better than one; Is there anything you know now that you wished you had known before the recruitment process? Thankyou to everyone that replies in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 535 views
    dad1546620122
  6. Gra12
    Started by Gra12,

    I was wondering if anybody could help. I am starting my preparation for my assessment centre in two weeks time and I am rather confused about the written exercises. Firstly I was under the impression that I would have to write two proposal documents in response to a complaint recieved by my 'manager'. Is this the case or will I have to be asked to write a letter format? Can anyone provide me with some tips? Cheers guys

    • 1 reply
    • 417 views
  7. mjeone
    Started by mjeone,

    Hi, has anyone got a difinitive answer as to the pass percentage for the numerical reasoning test? I've read: . 60% . Doesn't matter because you can make it up in other sections. . 50% Well i got to Q18 when the chap called time, i'm pretty sure 2 of them i messed up too. So do I stand a chance? Thanks in advance for any help or kind words of reasurance. P.s I was on the 1st of May afternoon group, anyone else here on that assessment?

    • 2 replies
    • 364 views
  8. K O'H
    Started by K O'H,

    Just want to say thanks to everyone for being part of this site.. Questions and Answers listed over the past 18months really helped with my application.. Got letter yesterday, and i start training with PSNI next month. Can't believe it as I hadn't heard anything in months! So thanks to all who have taken the time to reply to mine and others questions.. And to those still in the application process, keep trying, i really didn't think i performed well enough to get a place, but i must have done something right!! Thanks again.

  9. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    Respect for Diversity An issue that will come up many times! Think about the other, less obvious discriminations than simple skin colour. Like ageism, religious discrimination (jehovah witnesses, Pagans or Orthodox Jews focussing away from the Muslim issues) homophobia or perhaps discrimination against the disabled ? These are a bit less obvious - and everyone will be trying to score big points on the "racial diversity" interpretation of the diversity issue ! And it's not just assessed in the interview remember - the role plays that I did at assessment featured some very serious diversity issues that needed to be addressed. Don't worry too much - they just want you to…

  10. McCuffit
    Started by McCuffit,

    Hi guys, just a quick one. On the competancy questions on the application form would i be marked down for using an example of a situation i encountered as a special constable ? All the best Andy

    • 5 replies
    • 541 views
    Kopite1546619987
  11. AngelDust
    Started by AngelDust,

    (Yes, I'm another person starting a discussion about joining up.) I have always wanted to join the police, but only recently have I found the confidence to activly pursue it. I am 26 and a single mother. That is a problem as far as trying to join is concerned. I have two children, one is in school and the other is pre school age, but not in pre school yet. I have no life experience, such as being a special PC or in the RAF, etc. Nothing like that. Can anyone suggest steps I could take to increase the likelihood of being accepted? And so that I could be in a good position to apply? Thanks x

    Stephen Angell
  12. Lavender
    Started by Lavender,

    I have made the decision to apply, after a huge amount of thought and discussion with my DH: and am now quite excited/daunted. I have read loads of useful information on here, and just started to look at jointhejob.com as well. I have started my application form online, via the central recruitment website, but the advice on jointhejob says to download a form and complete it by hand. Does anyone have any views on whether it is okay to apply on line, or better to handwrite the form? (My handwriting is fine, so there would be no worries there). I don't want to put myself at a disadvantage before I even start! Looking forward to hearing your views....

    • 10 replies
    • 627 views
  13. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    just read this on the bbc; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6630181.stm it follows the recent shooting of another police officer in Shrewsbury.

    • 10 replies
    • 655 views
    Kopite1546619987
  14. cazzyb
    Started by cazzyb,

    Can someone tell me if you have to join the pension scheme whilst training for the Police or whether it is optional. My other half is waiting for a start date for BTP (yes we know it's long wait), from what I have been told after pension the take home pay is rather a bit lower than what he currently gets. Once the wages go up after 32 weeks it's not a concern but I was just wondering whether you can choose not to join the pension until the basic training is finished. Any advice gratefully received.

    • 5 replies
    • 819 views
  15. MUNCTON1546620072
    Started by MUNCTON1546620072,

    Can anyone help. I am transferring my app from BTP to Hampshire, all going well but Hamshire need verification of my Centrex pass. wouldnt normally be a problem but since passing have moved to a new house and despite searching all weekend I cannot find my letter with results etc. I have requested that BTP send a copy but as my pass runs out in a few weeks (after a year) I am a little worried. Does anyone know a number for Centrex so I could call to see if they could draft up a letter confirming my pass scores etc? any help would be appreciated as I dont want to rely on BTP sorting it out in time as they hardly have a good track record!!! Ta

    • 1 reply
    • 429 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.