Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. znra2511546080955
    Started by znra2511546080955,

    Hi, i'm due to start my training next week and was wondering what exactly the comunity placement is? its week 6 on the training plan, but what is it! also, during the weeks of patrol with a tutor constable what do you do (are we talking propper patrol working on a team or a sort of pre determined selected patrol?)

    • 2 replies
    • 508 views
    jokerjets17
  2. Xamari
    Started by Xamari,

    I really want to apply for the force, I've been doing everything i can to prepare myself for the application stage, but i have serious concern over whether or not I'll be allowed in with the tattoo i have. i went to a job fare which the police were at. but they were 50/50 on the matter. i wasn't thinking about joining the police when i got the tattoo, so i just thought it would be ok as long as it wasn't on the hands or face, which is ok with most employers. This is the tattoo i have, except its on my forearm, and not as big. I was hoping that if i kept t covered up, and wore long sleeve while on duty, it might not be a problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

    • 9 replies
    • 578 views
  3. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I applied to BTP who were god awful with recruitment. I finally managed to transfer to Warwickshire and everything went through fine and they have advised me i can go for an A/C early septemeber. I have just today received an offer of an A/C date for 2nd July with BTP, as far as i'm concerned i don't have an app with them, i rang up cancelled and transferred, i even wrote a letter in to make sure it was transferred as they seem to be quite useless. Should i be cheeky go the A/C for practice then cancel? or just not risk it and call up Warwickshire asking them for advice? any help would be great. I'm just worried i'll lose both apps because of the BTP's incompetence.

    • 7 replies
    • 494 views
  4. danhurst
    Started by danhurst,

    Do Gloucestershire require their probationers to complete a foundation degree?

    • 2 replies
    • 409 views
    Westmerciacadet
  5. SuperAndrew
    Started by SuperAndrew,

    What does the First Aid training consist of? It is not something i have done before and i cannot seem to find what Police Officer First Aid training involves.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Standard Dave
  6. bdw4
    Started by bdw4,

    Hey everyone, I am going to apply for the MDP this coming week, so just like to ask people their opinions on the job. How long have you been working? Do you enjoy it? Best/worst parts of the job? How do you find the shifts? Can you train in firearms when you wish or only when they let you? Where are you based? Loadsa questions there, but any info would be great

    • 7 replies
    • 645 views
  7. cbc

    I've got a dilema, made worse by lack of solid knowledge on my part. Yeterday I received my "you've passed papersift, next stage is assessment centre, but we can't tell you when yet" letter from North Yorkshire. Now, based on various posts around these forums, each of them speculating about how long each stage takes, I reckon when[1] I get in, I'll be starting somewhere between 1 Sep - 10 Oct. Ish. I can't find any recent documents on what happens in the training when, but seem to recall that you can't take any leave for the first 16 weeks or so. Here's the problem: I've been invited to a wedding in Sri Lanka on 20 Jan 08. Yes, I know that's a Sunday, but there's no wa…

    • 6 replies
    • 464 views
  8. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say ive just passed my final interview for GMP and couldn't of done it without your help. Lee

    • 5 replies
    • 482 views
  9. agentlee
    Started by agentlee,

    Hey All, I applied just over a month ago to Hampshire, and ive seen a few people saying elsewhere that they got their acknowledgement letter anywhere between 2-3 days and 2 weeks. Should i be worried ? I definatly know my application got there as i sent it next day delivery and Royal Mail Confirmed it was delivered Do you think im just being paranoid or should i pick up the phone? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 484 views
  10. ControlRoomOp
    Started by ControlRoomOp,

    Anyone else attending the GlosPol assessment centre in April. I'm attending the morning session on Tuesday 10th.

    • 7 replies
    • 359 views
    bessie1546620120
  11. johnuk4

    Just a quick one really for those of you who used the how2become cd-rom to aid in preparation. Just got this cd today and was quite suprised how easy the example numeracy and verbal tests are. Are they of a similar standard at the test centre? Thanks very much john

    • 1 reply
    • 832 views
    Westmerciacadet
  12. joe1
    Started by joe1 * ,

    I am considering a transfer to strathclyde from the met has anybody been through the process and could advise me how it went.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. gmjgreg
    Started by gmjgreg,

    Hi All, Quick question to anyone that attended Ryton Assessment centre week beginning 16th April... have you received your results yet (the Tuesday people)? Hope everyone did a good job and gets what they need. -Greg

    • 3 replies
    • 308 views
    Westmerciacadet
  14. gaylearm
    Started by gaylearm * ,

    Hi, I have 5 points on my licence from one speeding offence 2 years ago. One family friend says there is no point in even completing my application form, as will be rejected immediately. I am applying for a scottish force. Any advice/views would be appreciated. Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 691 views
  15. what's a mook?
    Started by what's a mook?,

    Good morning all, I am applying to West Midlands Police but have a few questions that I'd appreciate some help with. I have a caution dated approx 2001 for being drunk and disorderly. I also have an occasion where I was detained (for an hour until payment was received) for non-payment of a fine which was for traveling on a train without a ticket. I have worked the 9-5 and tryed my hands at various jobs, but the only thing that I really want to do is join the police force. I have given this lots of thought and have put off applying previously for fear of being rejected. I am approaching 27 and have kept my nose clean since the previous incidents. What I'd like to kno…

    • 8 replies
    • 835 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.