Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    Is is necessary to be able to swim prior to appointment? I know this would obviously be an advantage in the job and on a personal level. I intend to learn but at this stage i can't. Will this be an issue?

    • 10 replies
    • 705 views
    AlanPatrick1986
  2. The Stig1546620068
    Started by The Stig1546620068,

    Thats right, passed my Final interview board I'm so pleased and may need a few (10+) pints tonight......ummm not that i condone drinking! Cheers all - check out my new signature......

    • 6 replies
    • 573 views
    AlanPatrick1986
  3. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Hi all, it's the pest again...I am expecting my last formal interview to be at the end of April. I have absolutely no idea where to start??? So far I think I will need a couple of examples for race and diversity, team working and know info about Lancs. otherwise I DONT KNOW AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH Any help appreciated!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 334 views
    AlanPatrick1986
  4. Flashy
    Started by Flashy * ,

    Ok, So i haven't actually applied anywhere (yet). But anyway, the other night i was reading through the medical requirements and i've got 'chronic liver diesease' which is 'unlikely to be suitable'. So now im bricking myself that i'll never be suitable :shock: I've spent my life working for and dreaming of this! now what? & im not being funny, But you'd never know anything was wrong with me. It's controlled by drugs and has been for the last 10 years for so and doesn't effect anything i do. Am i doomed to work somewhere terribly boring for the rest of my life?! :? Harsh truth please

    • 6 replies
    • 560 views
  5. Hollywood
    Started by Hollywood,

    I've been waiting close to 3 weeks to find out if I passed my medical or not and every time I call up they say they still don't know - is this normal, and should I be concerned? I don't think there were any problems and if there were wouldn't they have told me on the day?!

    • 7 replies
    • 500 views
  6. Litew8
    Started by Litew8,

    Anyone else going to be in Guildford that day or applied to Surrey Police for that matter. Am curious because I read a lot of posts for the other forces... Edited - Typos...Litew82007-04-01 16:36:40

  7. Jess Biggins
    Started by Jess Biggins,

    Ok, this is the situation. I wanted to join the police as a regular PC as soon as possible, but I applied for the Specials because that's all Hertfordshire was recruiting for at the time. Now I've just found out they're also recruiting Police Officers! 1. Should I apply for both the Specials and Police Officers at the same time? OR 2. Should I join the Specials FIRST to see what it's like and get some proper front line policing experience, (as I'm only 18 and don't have an awful lot of life experience!) and then apply for the regs when they next recruit? What d'ya think? :?

    • 9 replies
    • 494 views
  8. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    For any one that has done the fitness test, how did you find the bleep test? I'm a bit concerned because although I'm quite fit I only have little legs so I'm not very fast How many people actually pass the fitness and do many fail ?

  9. Jess Biggins
    Started by Jess Biggins,

    What do the police look for most in an applicant? Enthusiasm/motivation? Loads of relevant experience? The right attitude? Confidence? Brains? Because I've seen many new constables around the area who have probably just turned 18. They look so young and inexperienced, and I was wondering how they managed to get through the application process for the regs? If many of them have not experienced as much as a 25-year-old, for example, then what is it that gets them through?

    • 7 replies
    • 427 views
  10. kellyleekyle
    Started by kellyleekyle,

    their baack up and running, just booked on a course for April. They changed their name now to talking blues. The price is reduced to £99.00 till end of April. http://www.talkingblues.co.uk

    • 3 replies
    • 505 views
  11. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    I may be sounding negative with this topic, but if you fail the intervew, i know you have to wait upto 6 months to re-apply. However, do you have to go back to the start and apply via application or stay at the interview stage?

    • 3 replies
    • 324 views
    The Stig1546620068
  12. Nick18
    Started by Nick18,

    Anybody heard from west yorks ac day?? they said it would be 2 weeks plus 2 days for bank hols etc etc.. it been over 3 weeks?? is this good or bad..???do they leave fails still last while they organise the people who past medical/fitness????????

    • 1 reply
    • 206 views
  13. catprincess
    Started by catprincess,

    I've just noticed how many threads there are about the fitness test and all that and thought I'd just give some basic tips for the people who have to do the beep test and push pull. Firstly the beep test. It goes to level 5.4, its over 15 meters and there are 8 beeps to every level - (you might found counting the beeps helps) It really is easy, remember when you get to level 3 which is jogging your over half way! Running with others makes it a lot easier, there is always a good pace maker there. don't try and beat the beeps cause you'll be stopping and starting. Push n Pull This is measured on how quick you can push and pull, it does measure i…

  14. Mozza1546620133
    Started by Mozza1546620133,

    I'm not yet old enough to apply to be a PC and am currently counting down the days untill i can apply. I've heard that is very difficult to become an officer and was wondering what it is that makes it so difficult (e.g Is it the fitness testing or ammount of applicants etc)? Any information would be very helpful and give me an insight into recruitment process. Thanks alot, Sam.

    • 13 replies
    • 572 views
    Mozza1546620133
  15. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    Well, Just posted my app off, Hopefully i have do enough to pass. Just a waiting game now. W1LL

    • 4 replies
    • 450 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.