Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Is anyone else ready to apply in a couple of weeks? and does anyone know how long it takes to get through should you be successful? i have my form ready to send and have read on another forum that it can be as quick as 6-7 months!

    • 6 replies
    • 297 views
  2. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    The wait is driving me mad, I know it take eight weeks, but everyday I get home and the first thing I look for is the post and it's always something other than the thing I want to see. How long did people wait on average for North Yorks to get back to them initially?? Hermia

    • 6 replies
    • 532 views
  3. vimto1546620109
    Started by vimto1546620109,

    Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a website that i can download the bleep test off please? i've had a look but i can only find ones with 20m shuttles which i know is better than nothing but would rather have the 15m one. I've also looked on the west mids site but its not on there either. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 452 views
  4. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    Hi Can anybody please let me know where i can get a copy of this so i can prepare for my pyhsical test? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 508 views
  5. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    I have just got back from my a/c and what an exhausting day, got there half an hour before our start time of 8.15am!! Sat nervously waiting in the car trying to cram in as much info as possible but it actually not going in lol!! Then to be taken into a freezing cold room and i mean freezing, there was about 30 of us and we got split up into groups, we all marched off to have our documents checked and then to be told we would be doing the role plays first!!!! aggghhhh u should of seen our faces!!! then if that wasnt bad enough the interviews straight after and so on. Role plays were okay, but the first one i had to do i could hear my heart beating out of my body i was s…

    • 10 replies
    • 682 views
    SarahJane1983
  6. ddufton
    Started by ddufton,

    passed my assesment centre and medical , just waiting for refrences to come back, anyone any idea how long it takes for refs to come back usually? anyone else joining the MDP?

    • 19 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Roslea
    Started by Roslea,

    Passed SET late January, passed initial interview early Feb and have heard nothing since. When will i get my home visit!!! :shock:

    • 4 replies
    • 509 views
  8. kraktoa
    Started by kraktoa * ,

    Could someone shed some light on this one and explain what can be expected during the test. 4) Speed Agility Run You must satisfactorily complete a 13 metre course, running and manoeuvring around 6 cones, in a maximum of 34 seconds. The total distance of course including turning around the cones is approximately 92 metres. Also if the grip test and agility test is removed from fitness requirements for most forces why is it being now introduced into the immigration service. Besides most police recruits are young. However middle aged oficers from the Immigration service are being made to take the fitness test at 5.4 level on the bleep test and also the grip and agility…

    • 1 reply
    • 398 views
  9. eb3535
    Started by eb3535,

    Hi, could somebody possibly give me some advice please. I am wanting to join the police force but they are not recruiting until the middle of April. I have just moved to the area so I'm looking for a job that will give me a bit of hands on experience in the mean time. The first job is as a security guard at A&E, the second is a security guard for an airport. Obviously A&E is going to be very frontline and dealing with all sorts but has the disadvantage that I can't join the specials; whereas the airport is so far away that I can (verified) and will involve searching and checks but won't be so frontline. I do some voluntary work for the red cross already (firs…

  10. han26
    Started by han26,

    Hiya all, Just wondering if you could give me some advice about what to do... I have just passed my a/c for TVP and have become a little concerned that on my application form i have missed out some short spells of employment whilst i was at uni. After reading the posts on this site im aware that you can fail the vetting stages because of this and now im very worried as want this soooo much. Please help.... what would you advise?? Thanks, Hannah

    • 4 replies
    • 560 views
  11. ctiddles
    Started by ctiddles,

    Help!! I applied for Avon and Somerset back in Oct 2005.I recently just took my second fitness and passed but failed my eye-sight without my contact lenses!! I've since had eye surgery to have this corrected and then contact occupational health to check what the next stage is. Now before i had the eye surgery they said they would put me on medical hold while i had it and then release me 6 weeks after(as long as everything went well) so i could continue. I recently then sent a letter from the company who did my surgery letting them know i was fit to continue and now they're wanting to put me on hold again for another 6 months!! After an 18 months process alr…

    • 0 replies
    • 311 views
  12. sarah21546620127
    Started by sarah21546620127,

    Hi Does anyone know with Avon and Som police whether there are particluar months when they carry out A/C's. have been told that mine will not be until at least autumn. The problem is i am hoping to book a holiday for four weeks away and obviously don't want to book it and then find out my a/c's at the same time. I am going to phone recruitment but was wondering if anyone had any answers?

    • 13 replies
    • 334 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  13. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hello, Has anyone applied for the Cheshire intake ? My application deadline was the start of November and I have not heard a thing. Just being nosy. thanks.

    • 16 replies
    • 755 views
    DTM1546620096
  14. Pete14
    Started by Pete14,

    I have calculated my Body mass index and I am slightly over wieght (26.9). I am due my first physical on tuesday and Know I can run 1.5 miles in under 15 minutes. Will They allow me to go out on the run or ask me to come back when I've lost wieght?

    • 10 replies
    • 538 views
  15. sarah1234
    Started by sarah1234,

    Hi, Does anybody know if TVP hold a final interview? I have heard that they no longer do but not sure how true this is? Any advice much appreciated! Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 600 views
    dad1546620122

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.