Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. charlie_charlie_81
    Started by charlie_charlie_81 * ,

    I am currently transfering into the MET and have been told that I will be going to Hammersmith and Fulham. Can any one tell me what it is like. And what shift pattern they do??

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    Foxtrot_oscar
  2. Lynz
    Started by Lynz,

    Hi I'm new to this site and this is my first post. I've just sent off my application to GMP a week ago and awaiting a response. Was just wondering if anybody had been on the 'Talking Blues' recruitment one day course and if they found it useful? Was planning on going on the course if and when I pass the paper sift process. Would appreciate any replies

    • 0 replies
    • 408 views
  3. mcnally79
    Started by mcnally79,

    Anyone been recently for the L&B asses day? Have mines coming up next month and would be grateful for any info!

    • 1 reply
    • 221 views
  4. Mikey_boy
    Started by Mikey_boy * ,

    Hi all, I’m looking to apply to the police sometime in the next 12months. Is there anyone out there who could give me an idea of advantages and disadvantage of applying to a large/ small force. I’m looking at North Yorkshire/ Lincolnshire (which have relatively small towns and cities), and South Yorkshire/ Nottinghamshire (larger). Just want to try and get an idea of differences in opportunities to specialise/ promotion, differences in workload if any, different social aspects, etc… Any advice would be really helpful. Oh, and out of interest what are peoples opinions on any of these 4 forces?

    • 1 reply
    • 447 views
    Kopite1546619987
  5. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hey Guys! I got my date for the A/C for GMP this morning, its on the 24th April at 12.45pm! Anyone else going on the same date? Wish me luck! Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 354 views
  6. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Had my a/c today and had to do the role plays first, was unbeleivably nervous and when i walked into the first scenario started speaking and then was completely lost for words!!!! i sat there and said nothing for about a minute i think!! i then quickly recovered and carried on, has this happened to anyone else?? do you think i have ruined my chances???? :cry:

    • 4 replies
    • 556 views
  7. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I have my assessment centre next week and was wondering about the type of questions that they ask you in the interview. Are they similar to the CBQ's? And can you use the same answers as CBQ's? [/b]

    • 1 reply
    • 300 views
  8. Lil V
    Started by Lil V,

    Hi Can someone answer my question please? :) When you start training, is there a defined amount of time that the Met give you to pass your driving test? I have been told so many different things from one year to two years to not at all that I don't know what is true! I am hoping to pass asap obviously but just wondering how much pressure I need to put on myself! Thanks guys!

    • 7 replies
    • 890 views
  9. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Did anyone get "Sorry i didnt realise" in one of their role plays??? I wont go into too much detail but it was regarding a security guard in one of the role plays, when i challenged him he said this, do you think that means i was being too aggressive? :? oh he said it a couple of times

    • 2 replies
    • 392 views
  10. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    I got my results!!!!! I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!! just want to say a big thank you for everyones help!!!!! interview now in a couple of weeks i'm bouncing off the walls

    • 4 replies
    • 338 views
  11. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    I passed my A/C for Surrey yesterday. Did anyone else sit their A/C for Surrey on the 21st March? If so, give us a shout

    • 1 reply
    • 211 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  12. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I know this is a bit of a broad question but I have got my A/C for West Mercia next week, has anyone got any top tips?

    • 3 replies
    • 327 views
    Westmerciacadet
  13. ami

    Just a quick message to say thankyou to everyone who offered me advice on this forum- i managed to get 86% at my assessment centre. Good luck to anyone who's about to take it...its not as scary as you think.

    • 7 replies
    • 475 views
  14. Steve_Y
    Started by Steve_Y,

    So, its finally here! My Day 1 is on Wednesday at 8am at Hendon. I know what I'm going to be doing and have pre-prepared answers for the interview, written out and repeated my answers to myself... I've tried swotting up on the maths but its just not happening, so have to wing that one! What I'd like to know is, how long does it take from start to finish? Knowing the Met, I'm likely to be there for 8 hours rather than 4.5 the book quotes!

    • 6 replies
    • 505 views
  15. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    im nervous about getting my reults so just putting this up ready for the news or if you feel sick waiting lets hear about it.

    • 1 reply
    • 214 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.