Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
A friend of mine is thinking about applying for the regulars. She's got an epipen for an allergic reaction to mustard. Any one currently serving who has an epipen? How did the occupation health service deal with it, what is it an issue? Better to find out now before she gets to the medical.
-
Got a phone call today to say that i failed the assessment day by 1%. Got 59% needed 60%!!! At the assessment the assessor for the Numeracy test made a mistake with the time and so we all were unable to finish the test. As she did not write the time on the board and also wrote the incorrect time on the baord for the report writing. As a result i did not get to finish the test. All candidates were unable to complete their tests due to this blunder. On this basis as i missed out by 1% I was wondering if it would be worthwhile appealing???!!! As i think that would have bought my marks up slightly. Please help!!
-
- 3 replies
- 661 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, I have a question & Im looking generally for people's opinions especially those that are in the force & have had experience or dealings with what Im about to ask. My problem is I want to join the Police but being only 5ft & 6 & half stone Im wondering if it's practical really I know I have good communication skills & Im not afraid of awkward or sticky situations or to get stuck in but Im also aware you need a certain physical presence as well. Id just be interested to know what the opinion is of people in the job, I know there is no longer height restrictions etc but Im just looking for some advice & answers I guess. I wan…
-
Hi everyone, Just wanted to say i passed the GMP A/C today and im grateful to all who gave great advice. Lee :)
-
Hi guys, On my application form where it says to put your previous addresses I only put down my only perminant address for the last 5 years eg. my parents' address. However I am at uni at the moment and have realised that I might have forgotton to list the addresses at which I have rented out while at uni. I am a bit concerned, although I have passed the papersift and am waiting for my A/C, do you think I should ring recruitment and tell them? Also will it be much of a problem or will they see it negetavley as witholding infomation? Cheers everyone!
-
My partner joined the City of London police last year. Having been acting as my partner's support almost every step of the way over the past three years, I feel like I'd be doing it twice if I applied myself but I've realised I'm not content hearing stories, I want to do the job myself. Trouble is I'm wondering if there will be too many barriers: 1. My eyesight. It's rubbish. Certainly worse than 6/60. The City doesn't even accept candidates that have had corrective laser surgery. Is this the same with all forces? 2. I had a bout of depression about 8 years ago when my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I was treated for it by my GP. Is this likely to be viewed…
-
I just wondered if Officers, Specials, PCSO's have had any reaction from their neighbours in the road they live in? Were they positive or negative? I appreciate most people will try and keep themselves to themselves. I certainly haven't told any of my neighbours of my new forthcoming job. If you Police another town or area far from home then perhaps your neighbours would be none the wiser? How do you tackle anti social behaviour in your own street/area if it exists? I appreciate these questions crop up regular (or maybe not). I'm not saying I'm a nosy sod or anything like that but there must be a time when you feel you want to exercise your job powers when a situat…
-
Just thought I'd post and see if there is anyone else on here who has a conditional start date for Northants police on the above date. Just have the Medical, references, security check and final fitness test to go...... So near and yet still so far Would be great to hear from anyone who is in the same boat !
-
What would happen if 8 months down the line I wanted to move away to somewhere like Dorset?? I know I can't trasfer in my probation (if I'm lucky enough) but will I have to start from scratch again?????
-
Hi All, I have just got a copy of the "How2become" bleep test multi stage fitness test. Help! It doesn't give you a beep to start, just says level 1 three beeps and one beep after 7 secs and the level 1.2, 7 secs and another beep :x How does it work to get turns :cry: . Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm totally confused now :? . _________________ Applied Hants 1st April '06 Failed Papershift 31st May '06 Re-Applied 25th March '07
-
-
I know that we have to wear smart clothes for the first few weeks at Hendon but what type of shoes can we wear? Would I be allowed to wear black boots or would they have to be flat black shoes? I dont want to be very uncomfortable if we will be expected to do some kind of physical activity in our civvies but at the same time I dont want to have my black trousers dragging on the floor.... :shock: This post sounds really shallow hehe.
-
Hi everyone Its been 9 days now, west mids said between 10 and 14 but with the bank hol prob be next week sometime, Im hoping getting nervouse now. Anyone heard recently?
-
Hi All, I'm new here, just wondering if anyone else around has applied for Hampshire recently? Cheers
-
I had my A/C yesterday 29th. Afterwards I felt really confident and last night too!! But guess what today I feel awful, I have been thinking about the first written exercise and I think I may have blow it...touched a diversity issue I think!! Now I can't get it out of my head :cry: