Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I currently live in Scotland and am taking my highers (In S5 - nearly 17). Do you think it would be a good idea to leave school at the end of S5 with what ever qualifications I have (not expecting it to be much but I have good Standard Grade results) and get a job until I am only enough to apply to be a PC or stick in at school for another year and go for more Highers?
-
So, i've got my start date and essex are just trying to get all my references and security vetting done, yet they have a huge problem asking for a reference. heres why I worked for a charity over last summer and was very good at my job, good results, promotion etc. For any other job i've gone for and for MET specials recruitment i simply put down my former manager as a referee, as she supervised all my work. However, because i was technically employed by a recruitment agency Essex say i cant have my former manager as a referee. They want a reference from the recruitment agency! Which i guess would read. Mr x was employed by us between 14/04/06 and 15/07/06. He was punct…
-
i recently didnt make the pass mark for essex police at my a/c. i was told by a friend in the force that MoD only require 55% from centrex so called up and they are gonna put me onto there day2 of assessments which is gun handling and fitness. im doing this as i will start training in jan2008 if successfull. if i waited to re-apply to essex i would have to wait 6months to apply, then 3months to get an a/c date, another 3months till my a/c then wait for a start date (obviously if i passed every thing). but if i went straight into the MoD then id be half way through my training by this point. i know MoD isnt every ones cup of tea but i like he sounds of the boat unit, la…
-
Hi there everyone! I have a couple of questions to do with the A/C as I have it next Tuesday (24th)! My apologies if they've been asked before but I wanted to know: 1. On the interview, will the questions be similar to those on the application forms and will I be able to give the same answers to the questions they ask? 2. On the role play excercises, how quickly does the 5 minutes go and how hard is it to keep talking for that ammount of time? These are the two major questions that I wanted to ask but if there is any other info about the A/C that may help me then dont hesitate to let me know! :) Thanks!
-
Just had my A/C today, is it normal to feel like you failed??? I felt the roles plays were so artificial and you really do need to be specific! I don't think I did to well on the maths but that’s only a small part isn’t it??? I just can wait to get my letter so I can put some closure to it. The rest of the A/C is not as bad as you think it will be and it goes really quick.
-
Heres a worrying story from yesterdays Bristol Evening Post: "POLICE CHIEFS IN CALL FOR POSITIVE DISCRIMINATION National police chiefs are pushing to legalise Avon and Somerset's controversial bid to discriminate in favour of women and ethnic minority officers.They want employment rules changed so they can take on more new recruits from under-represented sections of the community - a move which would severely hinder applications from white males. This has been condemned as political correctness gone mad and calls have been made for the best applicants to be offered new roles based on their abilities, not gender or skin colour. The Association of Chief Police Officers …
-
Can anyone give me any pointers other than appeal? Also, what is the limt for sickness?
-
Having just discovered that I failed the papersift for Northants (by a margin :roll: ) I'm considering the MDP. I understand this is not a Home Office governed force but a nationwide constabulary managed by the Ministry of Defence? Thus, I assume that they have different recruitment processes. I have browsed the MDP website but it doesn't seem to have been updated for a while nor do they give an email address. I have downloaded an application form to print and complete. Just a few questions for you knowledgable folk: 1) Does the 6 month rule apply to MDP? I.e. if I fail for a home office force, can I apply to MDP without waiting 6 months? 2) What differences are the…
-
My A/C is tomorrow, has anyone got any last minute general advice?
-
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help. My partner applied to North Yorks polive in December. he received a letter from them a week ago which read like this: "I am pleased to advise you that you have passed the initial papersift. The next stage of the recruitment process is the competency based assessment, for this we use a group of independent psychologists. We will be forwarding your application to them shortly and we will be in touch with you once we have the results. " We are both confused about this as the first paragraph suggests he has made it through to the assessment centre but then the second paragraph suggests something different. How does e…
-
Hi guys, I'm currently completely undecided as to which force I want to apply to at the moment, I have several different options open to me I rang Essex for an application pack and recieved it yesterday, basically my question is (apologies if it has been covered before): since I have requested an application pack from Essex am I now obliged to apply to Essex? Even though I haven't sent the application I am still in two minds whether to go for West Yorkshire or GMP, am I allowed to change my mind, ask for application packs from three different police forces and apply to whichever takes my fancy?? I know that is a little naughty of me since it is using tax payers mone…
-
Did anyone else attend the West Mercia assessment centre workshops either Saturday or Sunday? I thought it was excellent the chap who ran it knew his stuff and I think If I hadn't attended I would have failed the assessment miserably, now I feel like I have got a fighting chance for Thursday!!! I think the written exercise part and the role plays was the most informative it showed how specific you have to be when questioning the role actor if your not specific you will hit a brick wall of the same response “If you think it will help?†or another phrase along those lines. I thought the role play would be like a ‘normal’ interactive with someone, I was clearly v…
-
hi,just been to awareness evening for GMP assessment,and left feeling totally confused.When I did my AC for Merseyside last year the roleplays were quite straight forward,their were 4 in total,you had 5 mins prep time followed by a 5 minute roleplay,then you had another 5 mins prep time, before the second roleplay,and so on until you had done all four. But the way it was explained at this awareness evening was that you spend a solid 20 mins preparing for all four roleplays in one go and then go on to do them back to back.This seems totally crazy to me,as all the roleplays are different,and it seems hard to prepare for all of them in one go. Has anyone done the GMP a…
-
Hi, Its been a long while since i did my A/C and so my advice to my mate is probably all out of date, as things have probably long since changed in 2 years. He is a customer service manager at the minute, so ive no doubt that he has the reuqired skills to pass most of the things on the day, as his role day to day is basically what they will be testing him on in the A/C. That said, he is a little nervous about a couple of things: 1 - The report writing, and the best way to approach this? 2 - During the interview, should he use the competancy answers from his application form? 3 - The approach to take in the role plays [should he be assertive and confident, yet emp…
-
Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble getting this form signed. I gave it to my doctors surgery last week and they decided in there infinate wisdom to give it to the doctor that only works 3 mornings a week!!. I then recieve it back in the post today with only 1 page signed. so back to the doctors this morning who now inform we the doctor isnt in again till friday. What is going on, is anyone else in this dilema? andy