Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mike.mcuk
    Started by mike.mcuk,

    so thats 2 weeks of results due this week. they must be busy.

    • 2 replies
    • 262 views
  2. CLQ
    Started by CLQ * ,

    Hello - I have just received my start date for L & B police which I'm over-the-moon about. Just a quick question.... I will be relocating to Edinburgh from Hampshire so now trying to work out the logistics of where to move to. Has anybody else relocated to Scotland for police work and if so where did you find the best place was to find a house share?

    • 1 reply
    • 406 views
  3. honey1546620120
    Started by honey1546620120,

    I have my fitness test coming up. How did everyone find the test? I'm only eight stone and 5 2 so are a little concerned about the push pull. I have been weight training and are finding 35kg is quite heavy !! I'm also concerned that the push pull machine is quite high so I'll be pushing from about neck height !! Has any one any tips ? Are there any slight build girlies out there that have taken the test and can offer advice :wink:

    • 6 replies
    • 527 views
  4. CLQ
    Started by CLQ * ,

    Hello - I have just received my start date for L & B police which I'm over-the-moon about. Just a quick question.... I will be relocating to Edinburgh from Hampshire so now trying to work out the logistics of where to move to. Has anybody else relocated to Scotland for police work and if so where did you find the best place was to find a house share?

    • 0 replies
    • 505 views
  5. kellyleekyle
    Started by kellyleekyle,

    hi guys, well i was given a real bomb shell on friday, and am feeling really low and confused. As many of you know i am due to reapply to lancs in april, Well my husband, who applied with me last year, got a letter on Friday, saying hes failed vetting. He rand recruitment who cant tell him anything other than failed background checks and they cant give him the reason. he has no convictions, nor do any of my family. BUT. he has not seen his father for 18 years and does not know anything about him nor where he lives, he was adopted by his step mum when he was 6 weeks old and has never met his real mum, he could not provide any information other that her name on his birt…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. RachyP
    Started by RachyP,

    Got my physical assessment next thurs for LBP can anyone leave their comments on their times etc for the tests? Situps, press ups, sprint and 1.5mile run. Female response would be great! thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 373 views
  7. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Hi, I have read on here somewhere that a few people have looked online to find out their results??? does anyone know how I do this?? :?

    • 5 replies
    • 326 views
    fluffy1546620127
  8. RobP22uk
    Started by RobP22uk,

    I was worred about my bleep test (tomorrow) heres the facts 19 runs of a 15m track (225m) Run over 4:59 seconds means the average speed for the run is 1.67mph

    NeeNaw1545925537
  9. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Hi all, it's the pest again...I am expecting my last formal interview to be at the end of April. I have absolutely no idea where to start??? So far I think I will need a couple of examples for race and diversity, team working and know info about Lancs. otherwise I DONT KNOW AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH Any help appreciated!!! Also how does the interview work??? Will I have my physical on the same day for Lancs???

    • 12 replies
    • 597 views
  10. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    In the A/C interview you get assessed on five competency areas: Personal Responsibility Resilience Teamworking RRD Effective communication But you only get asked four questions, so is effective communication assessed as a whole i.e. the way to deliver the answers becasue I have an answer that would cover bother Resilience and effective communication. Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 284 views
  11. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi everyone! I have been practicing my answers for the assessment centre interview and for each one I have only really been able to talk for about 2-3 minutes. I know that you are allowed 5 minutes to talk for each question so I was wondering whether they expect you to talk for the whole time? If I do only answer for about 2-3 minutes will they then move on to the next question or will they prompt me to say more. For example on the application form for each question there are about 2 sub question so is the interview simlar? Thanks Guys!

    • 3 replies
    • 378 views
  12. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    What would happen if 8 months down the line I wanted to move away to somewhere like Dorset?? I know I can't trasfer in my probation (if I'm lucky enough) but will I have to start from scratch again?????

    • 5 replies
    • 416 views
  13. spurs_pc
    Started by spurs_pc,

    found out i failed by 4%! looking at my break downs im so annoyed with what i got low marks for. also, prob just a little moan, where i got a D for team work i know i said about brining the teams together and sorting out problems and how i was going to speak to them in the future to make sure we were helping in a way they saw ok. knowing what i failed on im gutted... thought i would do poorly on the written side of things but got 72%!!! also got 100% for oral communication! im more determined now to get a really high mark next time and ace the a/c..... just annoyed about the 6month wait before the process can start rolling again

    • 6 replies
    • 390 views
    peteratsea1546620082
  14. RachyP
    Started by RachyP,

    Hi, I have my assessment day next week with LOthian and Borders Police. Can anyone give me advice on what questions I could be asked in my 15min interview if I pass both SET and physical!?

    • 2 replies
    • 356 views
  15. duckiciao
    Started by duckiciao,

    Excuse the dramatic title, but I couldn't think of anything else :? My sister started writing to a prisoner through the penpal scheme in about spring last year. He got out of prison just before christmas. I have just learnt that he was in clink for 6 years for armed robbery, and I assume that he has other offence before that, because you don't usualy go from being a good ickle boy straight to being an armed robber. They live together, but arent married, and I've never actually met the guy. Don't even know his name. Would this situation in any way prevent me from becoming a police officer? Thanks in advance guys n ladies, Ducki

    • 31 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.