Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. london-fem
    Started by london-fem,

    i failed first time,i was 18 and i can see why i failed didnt know much about the questions asked,failed 2nd time for the pcso,but really i want to do 1 of them jobs,i would like to be a pc more but am finding it hard to sit down and think of good answers. i cant make things up and thats just not right. i really need help,i got loads of books and information but am thinking maybe because i cant drive that lets me down aswell as the answers to the questions. i can speak another language,but my maths is bad :roll: hate putting bad grade for it but my english is ok,anyway am 20 now and want to apply again and is there anything else that would help me? or should i wait longe…

    • 8 replies
    • 581 views
  2. philbj
    Started by philbj * ,

    I passed my fitness for TVP last monday. Having a real stress now because it just seems to be taking longer and longer to get anywhere. how long is it taking to get the medical test date for TVP at the mo? They also told me at the fitness test that i could be looking at a start date of September :shock: !! Also has anyone had an issue with when they apply for final references? I would be sacked instantly if my current employer found out (I only have a one week notice period) and i have been told they will apply for final references up to 8 weeks before a start date... thats a whole lot of lost earnings!

    • 3 replies
    • 380 views
  3. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    Doesn't the use of pre-assessment centre courses, such as isp consultancy, make a mockery of the whole recruitment process? The assessment centre is there to sort the would be good PCs from the would be not so good PCs. A course that basically tells you how to pass it as opposed to passing on your own merit defies its purpose. Discuss...

    • 5 replies
    • 535 views
    Danny1546619913
  4. SGB
    Started by SGB,

    Hi, I passed my AC with another force, but i want to transfer to essex. Ive faxed my CENTREX results to Sue in the Essex police recruitment team. She's on holiday but back on Monday so should find out if alls good then Basically has anyone else transfered they're application to essex, If so how did you find the process and more importantly when will I start (approx)???? Cheers all.

    • 6 replies
    • 374 views
  5. Anonymous
    Started by Anonymous,

    I had my A/C this week and have a nigling thought about the first role-play I did. In the prep there was information about an potential RRD issue so I noted that. When entering the room the role actor stated there name and then what they wanted i.e they wanted something banned from the centre(this was not racist/ageist or anything along those lines). I didnt immediatly say we cant ban that (this is where i think ive made a mistake), I introduced myself and my role, what I was there for etc and when she mentioned again she wanted it banned I stated that would not be possible because of the equality policy and I could consider banning individuals for there behaviour but …

    • 14 replies
    • 710 views
  6. Oztrexx
    Started by Oztrexx,

    Over the moon that I got my A4 size envelope and passed the assessment. Got 61%, would have liked to get a bit higher but not bothered as I got over the pass mark of 60%. Well fitness next, hey Barker & Paulw, you must have your results this morning and how did you guys get on. Hope it's good news :wink:

    • 9 replies
    • 419 views
  7. Lil V
    Started by Lil V,

    Hi I am looking to get these boots, can I get some opinions on them please? http://www.gladstoneboots.com/acatalog/info_3_166.html Thanks! V

    • 3 replies
    • 478 views
  8. Bloobotil1546620117
    Started by Bloobotil1546620117 * ,

    I'm waiting for a date to transfer forces. Does anyone have any idea whether transferees will be put onto that new c**p pension scheme after April 1st? The force I'm moving to haven't got back to me yet. I hoping the date comes through quickly enough for me not to bother about it. (Plus my present force is ***** and I want to get out as soon as possible but that's another story!) The info I've had about that new scheme states that "new employees" (Can't call them new recruits!) will be on the new scheme from April 1st. As I'm resigning from one force and joining another I will technically be a "new employee". I'm already half way through my service, I'm not adding anot…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Bloobotil1546620117 *
  9. stephenvaughan
    Started by stephenvaughan * ,

    I'm looking at booking a course on the 21st April with Police Application, has anyone heard of these? java script:emoticon(':?:') SV

    • 3 replies
    • 457 views
  10. jamieg89
    Started by jamieg89 * ,

    Hey guys and gurls i have epilepsy and i am worried it will affect me getting in has anyone else who suffers from epilepsy got into the police force and was the any complications when you had the medical thank you hope to hear from some of you soon :)

    • 3 replies
    • 399 views
  11. weeyv
    Started by weeyv,

    hey peeps, got a quick few questions: 1) wen u r writing ur referees and it says u need to no them at least 5 years does it def need to be 5 years its just my mums mate has only knew me 2 years but nos me very well probs better than any1 thats new me 5 years lol can i still put her down as a reference or is it a no no. 2) for the very last part of the application form it says write down anything that u think will be relevant to ur application do u need to write sumthing there to progress ur application further or did any1 leave it blank and still pass the application process? thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
  12. arcest
    Started by arcest,

    Hello. I start in a couple of months and I am seeking to buy some Boots / Footwear. I was looking out for any recommendations of Boots / Footwear from you guys I a familiar with some of the Brands people talk about : Lowa, Magnum etc. Please suggest :wink:

    • 4 replies
    • 793 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  13. paulw1546620052
    Started by paulw1546620052,

    hi all, just failed my a/c (58%) and would like a little bit of info before i put the police to the back of my head until i can reapply. couple of questions.. Is it the norm to get feedback results from the papersift? i didnt, and i used the same examples in my a/c intervew and scored poorly. Assuming the questions on the application form are the same when i reapply, will i be guaranteed to pass the papersift again if i use the same examples word for word? i know my answers as they stand are/were good enough to pass but if try to improve them and change them then i could end up failing the papersift which would be sickening! bit of a tricky one this as i dont under…

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
    honey1546620120
  14. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All Feeling gutted. Recieved the dreaded letter from Centrex, and my overall score was 59%, and I needed 60% to pass. Feel frustrated, feel I have let my family down. My 8 yr old was so excited for me !. Well, will have to re-apply in 6 mths time... again :o(. Abbie x

    • 6 replies
    • 507 views
    honey1546620120
  15. Lucy1545925562
    Started by Lucy1545925562,

    Got my results this morning and passed.....one wait over and another begins ha ha Better that the six month wait to reapply though!! My a/c was on the 16th, the last syndicate so all should recieive theirs today.... Good luck to everyone awaiting results!!

    • 13 replies
    • 618 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.