Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. potential_officer
    Started by potential_officer * ,

    Hi there, everyone. I was wondering if there are any geographical requirements for joining a force (as in, do you have to live within x miles of your work?). I heard that officially there aren't any, but are there any unoffical guidelines? I live in Herts, by the way. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 522 views
    Foxtrot_oscar
  2. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    Hi Guys, I'm currently only approaching my A/C (March 23rd!!) but i'd just like to poinsay that i've been working as a Fitness Advisor/Personal Trainer for over 4 years now, and i've recently just completed a degree in sports injuries, so if anyone needs any advice on improving their fitness just ask!! Cheers

    • 15 replies
    • 750 views
  3. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Hi all, just wondering does anyone have any tips on how to do division? These are the only ones i am getting wrong in my practice maths tests, its driving me crazy, i have my a/c next friday and as like others on here am a bag of nerves, any help would be greatly received

    • 6 replies
    • 529 views
  4. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    I did it!!!! After all that work, I have finally finally applied to North Yorkshire Police!!!! Lets hope I pass, I worked forever on that blinking thing!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 445 views
  5. wrxmatt
    Started by wrxmatt,

    Hi, Do you usually get told when security vetting is completed? I am starting in a couple of weeks, done everything else, induction evening, uniform fitting, had my ID done. Am i right to assume that it would have been done by now as i'm only 2 weeks away? Many thanks

    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    Hi Guys, Well the day came and went for my A/C so i thought i would give feedback to those who have't had theirs yet. Below is a few things i wanna say i wish i could of done better. Hope this helps! Written Exercise: Wish i could of wrote a bit more. The first exam was a kick up the ###### because i made sure i was writing alot quicker the 2nd time. Role Plays: In one of the role plays i only had the opportunity to challange RRD right at the end just before the whistle went. So if i was to do it again i would ask more questions at the start Maths: Ran out of time on 3 questions Interview: Not much i can say. Straight forward Verbal Reasoning: Not my strong point, …

    • 4 replies
    • 265 views
  7. 5581daniel
    Started by 5581daniel,

    I've been given a date of December the 20th at 0900 for my fitness assessment. I'm just wondering who else has heard...........

    • 19 replies
    • 644 views
  8. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I am 17 at the moment and 18 in June and I have got my assessment centre in April and I am worrying about my age. Will be a disadvantage to me? The positive action sergeant at West Mercia said it should make not difference because of age discrimination and all that, I have been a Police cadet for 2 years and work part time as a customer service assistant in a supermarket, she said they test to see if you have relevant experiences in the CBQ’s and I passed them with an A. I felt pretty lucky when West Mercia dropped the lower age limit to 17, but I can't be appointed until I am 18 because of working nigh shifts but the recruitment process takes about 12-15 months so I w…

    • 11 replies
    • 745 views
    jamiewgriffin
  9. bonjovi
    Started by bonjovi,

    Hey all, ive got my final interview with hampshire nest week and wondered if anyone could give me a few tips on what to revise and how to prepare for it. not really sure where to start and how in depth i need to go. very very nervous, any help will be grately recieved. many thanks Rob

    • 15 replies
    • 612 views
    jamiewgriffin
  10. Brummie1546620126
    Started by Brummie1546620126,

    Hi, I applied for NYP at the end of Jan and I had a letter from North Yorkshire yesterday saying that I had passed the initial papersift. Obviously I'm delighted, but after reading the letter further I'm a little unsure what the next stage is. The letter says that the next stage is the competency based assessment and that my application will be forwarded to a group of independant psychologists. It goes on to say that NYP don't have dates at the moment so don't ring Recruitment. The reason I am confused is that I thought I would hear once the whole application form had been marked? I am not entirely sure what I have passed so far? I wonder if anyone with experience o…

    • 3 replies
    • 296 views
  11. mrstinchcombe
    Started by mrstinchcombe,

    To cut a long story... Im currently a PCSO trying to get in the regs (see sig) I currently have a complaint against me. Apparently Im "harassing" somebody, only times Ive ever seen her is when shes been committing a driving offence and most the time I dealt with words of advice. Theres no weight behind it, but she refused a local resolution (she even complained about my Inspector when he attempted a local resolution!) so its gone to PSD. Will this affect my application? I know outstanding PSD complaints halt "internal" promotions and Specials that join the regs but what about a Police Staff role to a PC role? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 449 views
    mrstinchcombe
  12. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Well I have finally done the A/C for Lancs and I don't think I have done well at all!!!!! My lady that interviewed me didnt seem to write much down so is that a negative thing????? A long wait now

    • 22 replies
    • 894 views
    mac11546620090
  13. jamieg89
    Started by jamieg89 * ,

    Has anyone got any tips on filling in the application like any other bit and peices i can send in with it to give me more of a chance thanks guys :)

    • 3 replies
    • 471 views
  14. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi Guys, Just to let you know I got the letter through this morning saying ive passed the papersift for GMP! I'm well chuffed, marks were: RRD: B Teamworking: C Resilience: A Communication: A Overall: A Just gotta wait for dates for assesment centre now, wish me luck!

    • 20 replies
    • 1k views
  15. bigndaft858
    Started by bigndaft858,

    Hi all I'm currently serving in the Royal Air Force and have been now for 5 years. I'm toying with the idea of joining the mob but I'm really not sure whether to go for it or not. I'm interested in going for Observer, CO19 or something to do with Counter Terrorism. I just don't want to be on the beat for the whole time, I realise that theres a probation period of 2 years (I think). Cheers guys Any replies welcome

    • 4 replies
    • 554 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.