Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LeeBut
    Started by LeeBut,

    Hi Everyone Just curious, I have looked at and familiarised myself with the documents enclosed in the westshire pack however do we get given a copy of it for reference before we enter into the role play scenarios etc? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 300 views
  2. Rebecca1546620125
    Started by Rebecca1546620125,

    What kind of stuff do you have to do regaring the role play? Is it difficult?

    • 6 replies
    • 552 views
  3. Lil V
    Started by Lil V,

    Just got the call saying that I start on 23rd April! I am so excited! Going to be training at Westminster then posted to westminster or Ken & Chelsea! Oh my god, this time next month i will be a police lady!

    • 11 replies
    • 703 views
  4. mark/glos
    Started by mark/glos,

    Hello. I am currently applying for the specials and have my medical on thursday but was wondering if anyone can put my mind at rest. I have asthma and a bmi of 29.8. I have been to hospital reguarding my asthma but only when i have a chest infection. I haven't spent time in hospital for it since i was 11 yrs old. When i get a chest infection, which is probably about 3 times a year i go to my local hospital to go on the nebuliser then im fine after that. I guess i'll just have to see how it goes. Also does anyone know of anyone who has failed they're medical due they're bmi being too high? I think it has too be 30 or under but im 30.1 surely they wnt fail me just for th…

    • 2 replies
    • 482 views
  5. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi Guys, I have a query from a friend of mine. He applied to join the police for the first time last year and found out he failed his A/C on 30/06/2006. Another force then started recruiting in October 2006 and my friend was not aware that you could not re-apply within failing the A/C within 6 months. He re-applied again in Oct 2006 and had his A/C on 18/12/06 and this time round he passed. He says the A/C was different to the last one he did and he was asked to sign something to say he hadn't attended an A/C within the last 6 months. As he did his previous A/C on 07/06/06 and he did the second one on 18/12/2006, 6 months had passed to he signed the form to say he hadn'…

    • 3 replies
    • 288 views
  6. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Hi all, i have just realised i have done something really stupid, I have 3 points on my licenece which i had totally forgot about for going through a red light!! What do i do?? my assesment is next friday, thing is i dont want pass that and then fail because of the points thing, any ideas greatly received :cry:

    • 12 replies
    • 711 views
    fluffy1546620127
  7. snowball1546080907
    Started by snowball1546080907,

    Hello peeps... Can anyone tell me whether they check your bmi at the pre-intake fitness test? thanks :)

    • 3 replies
    • 280 views
    snowball1546080907
  8. 2samandme
    Started by 2samandme,

    Hi, I've just had my eyes tested to see if they were up to scratch, and i was just wondering about the way they had been tested. I was under the impression that unaided vision meant reading the chart without contact lenses etc using both eyes. However, i was made to cover each eye in turn. Obviously my weaker sighted eye didn't pass the requirements and my stronger one did, but if i had been able to read the chart using both eyes i no i would have been able to read then second line down okay. Also i wasn't able to squint. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how they have been tested, as now i'm in a predicament! do i consider laser surgery? (However have …

    • 7 replies
    • 740 views
  9. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    Found out today I passed the A/C. Its been the longest two weeks waiting to find out. Just wanted to post a HUGE thanks to all that offered advise to me in the run up to the assessment, it really helped - Thanks

  10. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    In the numerical reasoning test can you do working out on a bit of rough paper? as this is the only way i can work out some math questions Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 273 views
    honey1546620120
  11. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    Have just spoken to recruitment today. There are 200 in the system at the moment. There are 3 intakes for the 2007/2008 financial year with 18 on each! How much longer??? :S

    • 12 replies
    • 743 views
  12. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    I know you have to get an overall score of 60% to pass the A/C could someone please break this down for me in sections I.E. what you need in RRD,EC,TW,PR AND R. Im just curious because im a paranoid wreck ahahah!!!! CHEERS GUYS

    • 2 replies
    • 355 views
    Arksos1546620039
  13. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I am concerned about the questions that you are asked at the A/C. Are they the same as you CBQ?

    • 1 reply
    • 266 views
  14. uav689
    Started by uav689,

    just got an appeals letter in the post today...it states the reason I was rejected was that my French skills are not as good as I stated on the life skills questionaire!! who would have thought you need to speak french to work in London, ENGLAND :evil:

    • 75 replies
    • 3.7k views
  15. suzieallan85
    Started by suzieallan85,

    Had my interview and fitness test on 21st and they wrote back on the 23rd congratulating me on meeting the standards on all elements and offering me the role of police constable subject to medical and references etc. Such great news and so soon. Does anyone know how long it usually takes before you go for the medical?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.