Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stuey1000
    Started by stuey1000,

    Hi all, Is anyone going through the West Midlands recruitment process at the moment? Is anyone awaiting papersift results or have heard already? I have heard that they have been overrun by applications this time around.

    • 14 replies
    • 855 views
  2. HankMcG
    Started by HankMcG,

    Hi there folks, after reading the following topic ----> http://www.police-recruitment.com/one2/php...pic.php?t=18810 i have a few concerns regarding points on my licence. i have 6 points, but according to a police website, because they are only just over 3 years old, they arent active anymore, but they still remain on my licence for another year. Should i be declaring these points to the recruitment department?? James

    • 5 replies
    • 657 views
  3. trev181
    Started by trev181,

    Hey eveyone I am hoping you can help me, I sent my application off to Devon and Cornwall on the 27th of Jan by recorded delevery and still have not heard back from them yet to see if I have passed the application form stage!!! I was just wondering what the average time is that it takes them to get back to you. I know that the response times differ from force to force but it would be nice to get an idea of how long it takes on average. I don't want to call them to bother them if it is normal to takes this long to hear back? thanks for your help in advance.

    • 18 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    Is this as important as the content of your reponses? I.e. no crossed arms/slouched posture. If yes, is there a particular stance that is acceptable. Is it good to use lots of hand/arm gestures when emphasising a particular response. Should I shake the roleplayer's hand before and after? I'm probably looking into this too much but if it is a roleplay set within a customer service environment, as a person within a management role I would certainly be looking at things like that. Thanks in advance!

    • 2 replies
    • 382 views
  5. scooby82
    Started by scooby82,

    Just for anyone that didn't know, Strathclyde are changing their recruitment process and you will now have to complete a 1.5m run in under 15 mins straight after your SET as of April 1.

    • 7 replies
    • 749 views
    AlanPatrick1986
  6. joannaemmas
    Started by joannaemmas,

    Hope someone can help me!! I put in a PCSO application earlier on this year in January while waiting for my PC papersift results - see below. I have now got my PCSO assessment next wednesday. A horrible thought has struck me though...I have to go to an assessment cente for PCSO applicatonwhich is basically the PC but with only 2 roleplays. Does this mean that if I get my PC papersift results back (and pass fingers crossed!) I can't do the PC assessment centre for 6 months?

    • 1 reply
    • 464 views
    dad1546620122
  7. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi all, Just a quick question. Is it possible to transfer your application between forces once you have passed the A/C, i.e. From Greater Manchester Police to West Midlands Police. If you can, then how do you go about doing it? Should you contact the force you want to move to and see if they will accept you transferring to them. Will you have to fill in a new form for them so they have something on file for you or would your previous force transfer your application and A/C results to the force you want to move to. Also can the force you want to move from refuse to let you transfer your application to another force? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 682 views
  8. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    HAS ANYONE GOT THEIR RESULTS BACK BEFORE THE TWO WEEK DATE GIVEN?

    • 16 replies
    • 826 views
  9. rosie1545925491
    Started by rosie1545925491,

    Hello Everybody, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Well just over a week to go before the big day. I have been on ISP consultancy's course and it has set me in good stead. By going on this course it made me realise how under prepared I was the last time I attended the assessment centre. Anyone else going to Sulhamsted on the 15th? Has anybody else got through for <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />ThamesValley recently? Just wondered how long people are having to wait from passing assessment to start date? W…

    • 8 replies
    • 597 views
  10. LeeBut
    Started by LeeBut,

    HI I have had my assessment today with west mids- seemed to go ok. Although I found myself in a situation where I was talking more in the role play and also the invigilator siad quite often: "if you think that would help" How should I take this, good? Bad? Many Thanks a very nervous candidate

    • 3 replies
    • 346 views
    honey1546620120
  11. teambwr471546620124
    Started by teambwr471546620124,

    Hello to you all i'm after a bit of feedback from people who may have resigned from the police service and then rejoined to find out if it was a difficult process, how you were dealt with etc etc..... I joined a welsh force in 1989 and served until 2004 when i resigned. My reasons for resigning were... I wanted to give something else a go. We had young kids and my wife worked away a lot so one of had to take care of them. I had a few health problems that are now all sorted (i'd broken a few things in my sport) In hindsight i should have taken a career break but hey ho thats in the past now. When i left the job i was a grade 1 driver fully trained traffic officer a…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  12. andy_b
    Started by andy_b,

    just failed my L&B fitness by 1 or 2 pressups. doh! sadly, because it was my second time round thats me for 1 year. What hacks me off is that because i didnt pass the second time round it shows "a lack of committment to wanting to join the police." Fair enough - I'm currently working two jobs to pay the bills and pay for some personal training sessions as and when I can squeeze them in! Plus the fact a chest infection knocked me sideways over xmas and basically had me starting again! I'll be the first to admit I'm bleep at pressups - but to question my commitment.... :evil: :evil: :evil: rant over! andy

    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Arksos1546620039
  13. rosie1545925491
    Started by rosie1545925491,

    Hi there.I have posted this on the General recruitment section aswel, Recruiting have just rung me to tell me that the results are in the post, as i requested them to call me when they had been sent.... Good luck everybody...you should hear tommorow or Friday. Fingers crossed for you all

    • 8 replies
    • 275 views
    Arksos1546620039
  14. paulw1546620052
    Started by paulw1546620052,

    i had my a/c for northumbria last week...ive just had an interesting conversation with a woman who also went to the a/c. she was told from what i gather is a reliable source that they have raised the pass mark to 70%. this seems crazy to me. id have thought if they had took too many people to the a/c then they might raise the bar a little bit but surely 70% is way too high? i think there was about 200 going to the a/c but i would be surprised if more than 10% scored 70%+. anyone heard any of anything like this?

    • 4 replies
    • 573 views
  15. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Hi does anyone know what the dress code is for the assesment??? Should I wear a suit? Panicking a bit as I dont own one lol!!

    • 18 replies
    • 740 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.