Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. han26
    Started by han26,

    Hi, I've just found out that i have passed my assessment centre for Thames Valley and have had to take my medical questionaire to GP. Does anyone know generally how long it takes before the fitness test...? I would prefer longer to enable me to build some upper body strength!!! Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 542 views
  2. weeyv
    Started by weeyv,

    hey peeps hope every1 doing well. got a quick question wen sitting the SET - maths is it multi choice or not? ive got the feeling the scottish 1 isnt and the english 1 is. thanks yvonne x

    • 2 replies
    • 716 views
  3. BuckyBoy
    Started by BuckyBoy,

    Is there a set overall grade you need to achieve? or do you have to pass each test by a certain amount (I have heard some say 60percent) Also I was under the impression that they pick the highest scoring applicants if there arent enough places for those that pass, is this true? (Cheshire area btw) Thanks for any help you guys can give.

    • 2 replies
    • 472 views
  4. gumshoe
    Started by gumshoe,

    Anyone got their AC within the next couple of months?

    • 50 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Hi, Recently failed my PIRT for the specials by a few marks. They told me i can apply again in six months. I would like to know if i can apply to the same force as a regular without waiting six months? If not, then can i apply to any other force or will i have to wait the six months. Also does this cover the MOD police? Thank you.

    • 2 replies
    • 405 views
    jemz1546620088
  6. Guest glasgow5741
    Started by Guest glasgow5741,

    Hi there, I have my final interview with Strathclyde Police on 10 April. If I get through that (fingers crossed) I will have the fitness test shortly after. How soon after the interview is the fitness test? Also - to confirm - it is a 1.5 mile run in under 15 minutes followed by a shuttle run? Is the shuttle run straight after the 1.5 mile run? Also what else is in the fitness assessment? I am feeling quite prepared for it all but I'm not entirely sure what is expected. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Stuart

    • 3 replies
    • 387 views
  7. skreech
    Started by skreech * ,

    Hi all! The recruiting department at GMP has recently informed me that they cannot consider my application for appointment as a PC because I don't meet the residency requirements. The issue seems to be the international gap year I took between 10/2005 and 10/2006 after completing uni. The earliest I can have an application considered is Oct 2009! As you can imagine I'm pretty gutted at having to wait two and a half years just to apply again! Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Has anyone completed a gap year within three years before applying and had no issues? Any help or advice much appreciated Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 514 views
  8. starz
    Started by starz,

    I meant TO finish.

    • 6 replies
    • 457 views
  9. roshbosh
    Started by roshbosh * ,

    just wondered bout what happens when you go to tulliallan. are you in a group with people from the same force as you or do they mix them all up? do you always have to share a room, and how do they choose who you will be sharing with? Do you have classes 9-5 mon to fri? Do you get breakfast, lunch and dinner?

    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
  10. k12rns
    Started by k12rns,

    So now it's time to make a start on it. Any tips?... Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 436 views
    The Stig1546620068
  11. scdavid
    Started by scdavid,

    Does anybody know if there would be a problem requesting a second application pasck from GMP, as I have not been able to send my first application back within the 2 weeks they require. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 328 views
  12. kittykat
    Started by kittykat,

    Hi everyone, well i passed my assessment day I am so pleased, they gave me a call and said a letter should arrive shortly so I am not sure what my exact result was. I am so happy but now I am so worried because my fitness test is less than a week away! I go to the gym but I was a smoker in the past. However I am feeling ok about the bleep test, I heard level 5.4 is not really strenuous? The thing I am mainly worried about is the push pull exercise. I am a very slim young lady with absolutely no muscle on me. I didnt realise that this fitness test would be so soon, so I am not really very prepared at all for the push pull part. Can anyone help me? I am going to hit…

    dan11545925561
  13. fluffy1546620127
    Started by fluffy1546620127,

    Hi, i wrote my proposals all in capitals, does this matter????

    • 2 replies
    • 328 views
    fluffy1546620127
  14. emma_wemma
    Started by emma_wemma,

    Hey, Anyone had a problem today getting through to book a place on the recruitment evening? I was trying since 9:25 this morning every 5 minutes...it was constantly engaged, and I finally got through to an answer message at 1:00 to say that all the places were now full and they would be taking more on for one in may. I am really dissapointed wih the way that this has been done. There was no queueing system, and so if someone rang later than others and got a slot, people like me miss out. Sorry this is a long post..I just don't know where to go from here

    • 4 replies
    • 348 views
  15. starz
    Started by starz,

    At the beginning of each competency question on my Met application form it says Graduates need not answer the question and just need to write 'Graduate', has anyone else come across this?

    • 14 replies
    • 704 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.