Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
-
Is anyone starting training at Hamble on 14th May? Keen to hear from potential new chums 8)
-
Does anyone know any well known high street chains that stock any type of Men's Police style boots? I wanna try before I buy instead of t'inernet.
-
hey peaps I’ve got my assessment centre pretty soon, and I was just wondering if anybody has got any tips on how to write a good proposal. Is there a set way to write the proposals? Thanks
-
Somehow i've got it into my head that as part of the west mids physical i had to do the bleep test. ive had my letter today with my physical date on and no mention of the bleep test- just the push/pull and the circuit! is it actually part of the physical or just my imagination?
-
On the medical application when it asks about your family history, if you do put that someone in your family suffers from a disorder that is potentially hereditary, will this hugely affect your application? Had anyone placed anything on that part of the form, and if so what was the result? Thanks for your time
-
Im a little confused... For the Thames Valley fitness test, what exactly do we have to do for it? I was under the impression it was just the bleep test and push/ pull. However after reading website today it also mentions a circuit to be completed...? Plus says the bleep test lasts for 15 mins....?? I didnt think level 5.4 was 15 minutes? Thanks, Hannah
-
Hi all I wondered how everyone found the paperwork side of the job? Personally I find it a bit of a nightmare and taking some getting used to - such as MG6 series etc. How long until it 'clicks' and you can do a case file as part of everyday life?
-
Afternoon all, I have been studying for the PIRT tests for the second time and am scoring the following on the practise tests... does anyone know if these scores are good ? Pass or Fail? Numerical Reasoning: 18 / 25 (12min test) Verbal Logical Reasoning: 27 / 31 (25min test) any help appriciated as im not sure if im doing well or not! Thanks have a good day :wink:
-
got my acceptance letter today, over the moon! starting on 14th may! the letter said i need to buy boots or shoes of an acceptable police pattern before joining at wethersfield, any suggestions for what would be best - shoes, full length boot, or ankle length boots? anyone got any other suggestions as to what i should take with me for training?? kind of two questions in one but any help / advice will do!! :)
-
Hi anyone know if there are any mod sites near Bristol????? I have just failed regs by 4% and was thinking of transferring to mdp???
-
Hi all I have been told by a Strathclyde probationer that as part of my division i should be researching Faslane 365 demo for interview at Jackton, and that i should also arrange to speak to police officers that attend these on a regular basis and get info from them. The thing is i can't seem to find decent enogh info on the net and to be honest i don't have a clue what sort of questions i should be asking, if anyone can offer me help it'd be very much appreciated ! Kind regards :?
-
Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys have any advice for me. I'll go into my history a bit to give you all a better idea of my situation. 3 and a half years ago i applied for the Metropolitan police force and passed with flying colours (apparently i was the first person to get 100% on my written report in 3 years), long story short i was accepted, after a lengthy wait for the security check i was due to start at Hendon November 2004. By the time my start date came through, i'd had another child so obviously couldn't attend Hendon. Since then i have always dreamed of giving it another go and now my children are old enough for me to get a full time job i want to try…
-
Hi everyone, Since handing in my application back in Nov 05, my family circumstances have changed. My Sister got arrested the other week and got cautioned for harassment. I have informed BTP recruitment and they will vet her before I attend my assessment. Will this affect my chances of getting into the force? How strict is the vetting process? Any help would be much appreciated. James
-
Hi all... Well had the letter today which was earlier than expected and i failed by 4%, have been crying all morning, i am absolutley devastated :cry: