Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. gaylearm
    Started by gaylearm * ,

    Hi - I have just received my application pack for Northern Constab - and is is evil compared to the old style form! There is 5 mini essays to do, in addition to all the other usual questions. Has anyone else received this, as Strathclyde still allows you to download the old one. Thx

    • 1 reply
    • 457 views
  2. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Hi all, what is your reason for joining a force you don't live in?? I can't think of a good answer for my interview???? Thanks all

    • 13 replies
    • 705 views
    Kopite1546619987
  3. Frosty11
    Started by Frosty11,

    Hi all. This is my first post so a quick wave to everyone. Hopefully sometime this summer Durham will be recruiting. I spoke to the recruitment office today and asked the question "can I visit my local station and talk to officers about the job"? She said "yes" and and encouraged me to do so now before they make the public aware of the recruitment dates and like minded people flood the front desks of their local stations. I'm looking for any officers from the Durham force who might be able to help me with this. It would be even better if I can speak to any officer who is still in their probation period but anyone who is willing to take time out to chat to me will be ver…

    • 6 replies
    • 416 views
  4. nico08
    Started by nico08,

    Does anyone know if there is an incremental payment which is paid on your anniversary of joining the police? I seem to have it in my mind that you get an annual increment in addition to the national pay rise. I know that there is a payrise on completion of initial training and being signed off for going independent, just wondered whether this replaced the annual increment that officers got up to 'top rate PC' status.

    • 4 replies
    • 867 views
  5. joannaemmas
    Started by joannaemmas,

    I know it's only the first stage but am so chuffed I've just gotta tell everyone! 8 months to the day of completing my online app to Kent Police-I've finally received the letter saying I've passed! Godd luck to all those other out there!

    • 5 replies
    • 531 views
  6. Nighthawk1546620134
    Started by Nighthawk1546620134 * ,

    I'm looking to transfer from the Met in to a Home Counties force, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how much I would roughly be taking home a month? I'm currently at 4 years service and have been advised that I would recieve a £2,000 Home Counties Allowance. Thanks Nighthawk

    • 2 replies
    • 951 views
    Nighthawk1546620134 *
  7. djnickwatt
    Started by djnickwatt,

    Hi all, I'm new to the site but have been considering a career in the police for some time now. I have been constantly checking the policecouldyou website to see if any of the following forces are recruiting: 1) Northumbria 2) Durham 3) Cleveland 4) Cumbria. These would all be within reasonable travelling distance for myself to commute to work. However every time I check it says that they are not currently recruiting police officers. Does anyone know when these forces are going to be recruiting? Also I have noticed that Cleveland are recruiting Police Community Support Officers. Would this be a good route to becoming a Police Officer or would I be better waiting f…

    • 16 replies
    • 1k views
  8. 99turtol
    Started by 99turtol,

    Hi all, I am currently a PCSO in Herts, 2 years now and have passed the assessment for the Police just awaiting Medical and Fitness. I would like a few Q's answered if poss.. with a start date hopefully in July What comes first, Medical or Fitness? Is the training course residential, and how long does it last? What are the chances of getting your first choice area? I would like Western, Harlow and is the parking free? With regards to boots, does Essex supply these? I have gone through 4 pairs of Magnums as a PCSO in Herts in 2 years, they are luckily supplied free!! Thanks in advance

    • 16 replies
    • 904 views
  9. veganwarrior
    Started by veganwarrior,

    I just can't seem to pass my driving test so are there any forces that recruit non driving officers? I know that my local lot (strathclyde) do not sadly. Thanks

  10. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    Hi everyone, I'm currently completing my online application form and have come to the Competency questions. I have managed to complete most but seem to be struggling with question Q3 which reads: Recall an occasion when you have been in a very challenging or difficult situation and had to make a decision that perhaps others disagreed with. You will be assessed in this question on how positively you reacted in the face of difficulty and challenge. Tell us about the situation and why you felt it was difficult Who disagreed with you and what did they say or do? What did you say or do? Tell us how this situation made you feel initially I'm…

  11. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    Im 17 and i could possibly be expelled from school for some non illegal matter, would this affect my application in applying to be a PCSO when i turn 18 in August?

    • 29 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Guest BLeask
    Started by Guest BLeask,

    Hi, I passed my SET on 15th March and have an initial interview date on 25th April. Was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips or advice on what kind of questions they ask, and what they are really expecting from a 1st interview. Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 458 views
  13. Paulsmith1546620133
    Started by Paulsmith1546620133,

    Is it possible to pass with two B's and two C's ? I know you need at least 3 grade B's but you can make up for it in other areas. My question really is do two C's make a B?

    • 4 replies
    • 471 views
  14. hynes57
    Started by hynes57,

    For example GMP are recruicting for regs till the end of the year and Lancs will be recruiting in sept. Is it possible for me to apply to both at the same time? I have to wait till sept for GMP btw. Hynes57

    • 6 replies
    • 484 views
  15. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    For what reasons do you want to become a police officer? What tasks would you expect to be doing?? (In general or should i be specific??) What effects would this have on my social life?? (working shifts??) Are these questions looking for more specific answers or are we taking in general?? Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.