Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. superflygirl
    Started by superflygirl,

    I am awaiting my final interview with GMP. I have to complete the first 40 weeks Full Time but am hoping to complete my last 15 months part Time. 24 or 32 hours a week. Is this realistic or am I going to struggle to fit in all the work needed to finish my probation. Are there any Part Time probationers out there or does anyone know of any in their division. Working Full Time unfortunately is pretty much impossible as I have 3 young children and a husband who works away from home. Regards

    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
    Wendy A Hossell
  2. alexprice28
    Started by alexprice28,

    Hi All. Im will be attending an assessment centre in a couple of weeks, I know that you are meant to wear a suit for the occaision. However, I also have an awareness evening in a couple of days, do i need to wear a suit for this as well, or will people be wearing casuals?? :?: Thanks for any help.

    • 3 replies
    • 391 views
    alexprice28
  3. Biglad11
    Started by Biglad11,

    Hi, I have my induction day for Derby Constab tomorrow, and i was wandering what should i wear? I have to wear a T shirt for body armour fitting but i dont know if i should go smart, smart casual? anyone else been to one lately? cheers Ed

    • 2 replies
    • 476 views
  4. Delta200
    Started by Delta200,

    hello everyone ! i dont want to bore you all , but i am currently a vehicle technician and i am wanting a career change and i want to work as a police officer. but i dont know how to go about it ? ( do i just go into my local station and ask ? ) i have always wanted to be a police officer ever since i was young . i still would love to do it ! whats it like ? if your reading this i would like to say thank you ! any replys would be great !

  5. HankMcG
    Started by HankMcG,

    Hi folks, wasnt sure if i should put it here or in the help section, as its a call for help regarding recruitment issues!! hehe well here goes anyway.... I applied for lincolnshire police in september, failed my a/c and on the letter dated 04/04/07 it says i can reapply in 6 months time. If i wanted to apply to a different police force, do i still have to wait the 6 months?? i was under the impression i had to wait regardless, but according to a GMP PC i had a conversation with the other day, seems to think that the 6 month "ban" only applies to the same force as i applied to the first time..... I dont want to get my hopes up, but at the same time i dont want to be ha…

    • 5 replies
    • 729 views
  6. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi, I have got a copy of "How to Pass The New Police Selection System" by Tolley,Tolley and Hodge and also a CD Rom "How2Become" if anyone would like them. The book really helped me in passing the A/C and i would like to give to someone instead of putting on EBAY. Lee

    • 5 replies
    • 298 views
  7. SEED
    Started by SEED,

    Ive just this minute got back from assessment, and feel as though ive been to helmand, faluja and back. i dont have even the slightest of hopes of passing since everything went fine until i hit the dreaded written proposals, i didnt write anything except on the rough paper they give you and then ran out of time on both occasions, with one the reports nothing written on it. didnt do any maths or verbal reasoning, question im putting to all of ya, is if u get nowt in proposals is that an instant fail, or does your other marks make up for it. anybody help. :?

    • 10 replies
    • 663 views
  8. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    I have completed my application form and was all ready to hand it in to Warwickshire monday morning. But now, after reading a few posts on here and another forum, i understand that warks are only recruiting a small number of officers, thus possibly dragging out the process if i dont finish among the best of best of who ever applies. I am not considering West Midlands as it may be a quicker process as i can only assume they are taking on alot more officers. i live in the midlands so that is not any problem but i basically want to be in a force sooner rather than later... ANY HELP ANYONE!!!

    • 4 replies
    • 410 views
  9. Beana22
    Started by Beana22,

    Hello, I recently applied to Dyfed-Powys and luckily passed the papersift, however due to some personal circumstances I have contacted Dyfed-Powys Police and asked them to transfer my application to West Mids. West mids advised they would accept my application and continue to process it (with out re-marking it which is a bonus) and Dyfed Powys agreed release my application. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who has done this/or might be doing something similar and was wondering how it was going for them? Many thanks in advance!

    • 4 replies
    • 549 views
  10. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    I was considering applying to the force. However, i have recently injured my knee. Another post said they were rejected because of a previous injury which was fine now. has anyone got any thoughts on this. I would hate to think that this ruins my chances.

    • 1 reply
    • 343 views
  11. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Woo hoo I passed my final interview yesterday!!! Only medical and security checks to go!! Thanks to everyone who helped me, out for a few pints tonight me thinks!!!

    • 5 replies
    • 368 views
  12. Durban
    Started by Durban,

    Hi all, I am currently a driving instructor and i am interested in teaching the police force to drive, i have been looking around for a bit but find information difficult to find. So I'm hoping someone here can help. Would it be much of an advantage to get an advanced test done, ie Diamond special test or Cardington special or IAM or not bother yet? Is it worth getting my DSA fleet driver trainer certificate? What is the process after enrollment? Where is the best place to find these jobs advertised? Cheers Durb

    oldbillplod
  13. Gra12
    Started by Gra12,

    I am due to take my assessment centre next month. I was wondering if anyone would recommend reading the various books which are available that give advice and tips on how to pass the assessment centre? If anyone could give me any tips on what worked well for them I would be most gratefull because im quite nervous!

    • 6 replies
    • 553 views
  14. mac11546620090
    Started by mac11546620090,

    Found out today passed my assessment 69%,chuffed to bits after thinking I had blown it but got 81%rrd 89% 100%comms.My problem solving brought my overall score down but I can work on that. Thanks to everyone on here who helped me and also kept my spirits up when I thought I failed,you know who you are.I would also like to recommend Ian and Siri from Isp Consultancy,have had some pretty tough challenges in my army career but nothing could have preped me for the assessment centre ha ha.

    • 15 replies
    • 744 views
  15. SEED
    Started by SEED,

    :cry: recieved my assessment results . I cannot believe it, failed by 4%. i should be put up against the wall and shot. and then shot again to make sure i feel i have disgraced myself. but i have to say if it were not for u guys and gals, i probably would have failed by a huge margin, buuuurp sorry ive just finished downing 2 pints, of hardcore, and trying to forget the hurt and pain im going through. ah well 6 months il be trying again this time il be ressurected from the dead to rise the challenge once again for queen and country il be basck.

    • 5 replies
    • 730 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.