Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Brummie1546620126
    Started by Brummie1546620126,

    I have just passed the papersift for North Yorks and I've just got a question about the roleplays at the assessment centre for anyone that has done them. Who is in the room when the roleplays are taking place? I have read through the preparatory material and it says the assessor, the actor and perhaps an independant observer? Does this mean that the other candidates aren't in the room at this time or are the roleplays done in front of the group?

    • 8 replies
    • 985 views
  2. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hi i start at essex on 4th june and was just wondering what the policy is on wearing the uniform to and from work? i live in walthamstow and its about an hours drive to chelmsford so i need to save as much time as possible!!!

  3. abigaillucy
    Started by abigaillucy,

    Hi Everyone! Right....where do I start!? lol Basically, I found out the weekend that I have passed the dreaded a/c for West Mids police. After several hours of being really excited Worries have started to creep in regarding the next stages of the recruitment process!! Basically...over two years ago now I had a 'strange' faint. I was sat upright in my car (wasn't driving, was eating my lunch on my break with a mate). The person that witnessed it said that I appeared to have some sort of fit. To cut a long story short, I went to my doctor who referred me to a neurologist and I had to stop driving. All of my tests were carried out and they showed no abnormality. The do…

    • 1 reply
    • 476 views
  4. LP640
    Started by LP640 * ,

    Hey everyone, first post. How does the UK go about those who are color blind? I am in fact color blind and am intersted in becoming a Police officer in the UK or USA. In the US it depends on which department, what about the UK? Thanks, LP640

  5. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone knows what the A/C pass mark for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary is? I recently got 57% in my A/C for GMP and am thinking of transferring my application over. Also do they have any problems with people with asthma? I know the only draw back with MOD is that you have to train with gas masks but is this the same with CNC? Also I would like to hear from people who are currently in the CNC or are going through the process and how they are finding it? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 612 views
    dad1546620122
  6. ann11546620050
    Started by ann11546620050,

    As of 1st of April Strathclyde Police are introducing an Initial Fitness Test for anyone who passes the SET before they progress to the next Stage. I have already passed the SET last year and am due to reapply on 19th April...so looks like I'll be doing the Fitness Test straight away before my Initial Interview.The test consists of BMI,waist measurement and a mile and a half run within fifteen minutes... :wink: I'm pretty certain that I will pass all these tests since I'm reasonably fit and slim.I've seen the other posts about BMI but does anyone know what an acceptable waist measurement is? And how the waist/BMI ratio thing is worked out.. Thanks in advance Ann X

    ann11546620050
  7. ann11546620050
    Started by ann11546620050,

    Hi everyone I'm just about to take up running again.Has anyone got any tips on starting again (used to run a couple of miles ). I want to build up to about three miles.Not much but enough for me. Thanks X

    ann11546620050
  8. same_but_diff
    Started by same_but_diff,

    i would just like to say thank you to all that leave messages and answers. I have been looking into becoming a police officer and have read all of the topics and answers left on the forum and have found it extreamly helpful, also read the site for the police and put in for a ride along. I am halfway through my application to the essex police it has taken me 2 days so far. much apreciated to all.

    • 0 replies
    • 259 views
    same_but_diff
  9. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hi everyone! Does anyone know whether you can choose which division in GMP you can be posted to? Just asking because I will be moving from South Wales if im successful and therefore want to know if I can choose which area to move to or whether I will have to move to wherever they post me? Cheers!

    • 12 replies
    • 694 views
  10. mikenovember
    Started by mikenovember,

    Are there any other GMP officers using this website? I am in phase 1 training and it would be good to hear from others in my situation or are further in the job. Ta

    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. lukejacob
    Started by lukejacob,

    Hi, passed assement centre and I have my final interveiw and fitness test for Hampshire on 22nd May, can anyone give me some pointers for the interveiw. Thanks In Advance Lukejacob

    • 2 replies
    • 375 views
  12. king80
    Started by king80,

    how difficult is the maths test? this isnt my strong point . What do the question ask

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
    aimee-seymour
  13. Lincs801546620092
    Started by Lincs801546620092,

    I applied to lincolnshire Police in September, however unfortunately they appear to be having funding issues at present which is delaying the application process. I am currently awaiting an assessment centre date. Does anyone here know if it would be possible to transfer my appplication from Lincolnshire to Humberside as I believe they have a 'more active' recruitment process? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Rich.

    • 5 replies
    • 589 views
    Lincs801546620092
  14. martinjames67
    Started by martinjames67,

    Ive always wanted to join the police since I was very young. However when I was 13 I shoplifted some football stickers, was arrested and cautioned. Im now 23 and have just had my application for the met rejected. A family friend who is a chief super read through the form said it was a very strong application. When I queried it I was told that shoplifting was a dishonest crime and I can never be a police officer. This has left me absolutely gutted, that an error 10 years ago as a child has come back to haunt me! I put my caution down on the form, but I was later told that the police would have no record of it now as I was a juvenile and I shouldnt of included it. …

    • 4 replies
    • 677 views
    martinjames67
  15. runningman1
    Started by runningman1,

    I am looking to transfer from MOD Police to Home Office. Forces I am interested in are the Met, Thames Valley Police and Hants Pol. If anyone has transferred from MOD Pol to any of these forces/ or if anyone knows how receptive they are to MOD Police I would appreciate it if you could drop me a line. I have done my research but first hand info would be nice. Thanks.

    • 8 replies
    • 4.8k views
    dave.1546620137

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.