Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jameslwt
    Started by jameslwt,

    Anyone else starting on June 4th with Hants?

    • 4 replies
    • 778 views
    jaffa20021546620003
  2. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    I was told today by a friend that the Met PCSO recuitment date is to close on the 31st of May. This is bad news for me as i only turn 18 in August and May comes too soon as i need to loose some extra weight for it... Is the closing date really the 31st May? And if so how long would it take for them to recuit again? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 405 views
  3. Thin Blue Line1546620116
    Started by Thin Blue Line1546620116,

    Hi everyone I'm due to start Supervised Patrol in a couple of weeks and would like to get an A4 folder/Clip Board to carry the multiitude of paperwork we need to use on shift. Any ideas to the best styles/cost/and where they can be purchased. Hace seen a couple on the high street but they either seem to be the size of a suitcase or flimsy and not up to the job. Or if anyone has one they want to sell on PM me with a picture if poss. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 968 views
    Thin Blue Line1546620116
  4. denimboy
    Started by denimboy,

    hi there can anyone tell me how they do the security checks. Is it a case of using electoral records to see whre you have lived and also do they check every job you have listed on your application or do they just get the refences that you provided in the reference section. I was wondering to if they get a list of the jobs you have had from the tax records? As ive had a few jobs im worried this might hinder my application....... help!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 580 views
  5. jamiewgriffin
    Started by jamiewgriffin,

    I recently failed for Hampshire and am obviously gutted: B - communication C - team working C - resilience& diversity C - resilience My 2 questions are- 1. If I had got 2 Bs and 2 cs would that have been enough? 2. My rejection letter was dated 3/5/07, it says wait 6 months from that date to re-apply. How strict is this? If they recruited again in say October (or I apply elsewhere in October) and I sent in an appl 2/3 weeks early would they refuse to consider it? Or do they use common sense as by the time its processed would have been 6 months anyway? Thanx a lot!

    • 4 replies
    • 701 views
    jamiewgriffin
  6. vand_uk
    Started by vand_uk * ,

    Yes Found out that I've been accepted to West Yorkshire! Phew! After all the worrying if I was good enough etc..... I'm in.

    • 6 replies
    • 687 views
  7. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Hi everyone, I've just passed my fitness test for British Transport Police today. It was quite easy and I'm glad to have passed all the stages of the process. Just awaiting a possible start date now.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Guest BLeask
    Started by Guest BLeask,

    Hi there, The beep test on this site is mentioned as being the 15m one, yet i was told that for Strathclyde it is the 20m one, can anyone confirm this for me? and does anyone know what the pass is for this one, as the pass rate mentioned on here is for the 15m test methinks. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 350 views
  9. genehunt
    Started by genehunt,

    Are there any BTP officers reading this section? I have a few questions but dont want to spend time posting if they wont get read! Main thrust is about transfer procedure, postings policies and pension implications?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Hi have my fitness tomorrow for GMP, what is acceptable dress code to wear to the fitness test centre, are smart jeans and polo shirt ok?

    • 5 replies
    • 678 views
  11. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    Hi Everyone, Finally got my letter through inviting me to attend a/c on 7 June in Coventry. In this letter i also received some guidance notes along with a 'Westshire Centre' welcome pack which i have taken some time to absorb. I have a question regarding the competencies. I understand that they are assessing the core competencies and would be interested to know how these is scored? Are they looking to see that all of the competencies are covered in EACH if these exercises?? Hope this makes sense?? Dan

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi everyone, I found out this morning that I have passed the sift stage of the explanation....very happy!! If all goes to plan and I pass the assessment centre and become an officer I am looking at possibly applying to a specialised department (traffic, or dog handler for example). Is there anyway I can get information on this like salary, specific duties that kind of thing? I know I am jumping the gun which is why i dont want to phone the force direct...after all I havent actually got in yet!! Thanks guys for any help you can give me!! Pete

  13. mjeone
    Started by mjeone,

    Just had a letter inviting me to a "pre-employment medical screening" with an O.T. I thought it would be a doctor is this right..... or do we have to see a doc later in the process???

    • 5 replies
    • 393 views
  14. RomanLegion
    Started by RomanLegion,

    Hello! This post may just be the oddest one on this forum. Currently I am living in the United States, and am an American citizen. In the very near future I plan to move to the UK and work my way to obtaining British citizenship. I love the UK and am very interested in serving the country as a police regular. I hope to live and work in or near Leeds. I've explored the West Yorkshire Police site and its recruitment policies, but police recruitment in the United Kingdom is quite different from what I am familiar with in the United States, so I am rather confused. I am certain that some of the following questions are absolutely idiotic, but please bear with me! …

  15. popstar
    Started by popstar,

    I passed my initial interview a month ago and have been informed they are now doing the background checks. Awaiting a date for my home interview anytime now. I have been told the home interview is quite informal and the questions asked are just like your initial interview. Is there anything different from your initial interview that they discuss? and is it still an inspector or sargeant that interviews you? Thanks!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 586 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.