Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ann11546620050
    Started by ann11546620050,

    Wondered what your thoughts were on the topic of further education.I was considering doing a Higher in Psychology at college in the evening.Do you think that this qualification would be useful in the role of a Police Officer or do you have any ideas on a suitable other qualification I could consider.Need to make a decision ASAP because enrolling now and starts in August.Any comments would be appreciated...

    ann11546620050
  2. nikthomas
    Started by nikthomas,

    Just found out I passed the paper sift. Got the fitness on the 29th and Filter Interview on the 6th July. Bring it on....

    • 11 replies
    • 767 views
  3. jhorsfield30
    Started by jhorsfield30,

    I am due for the assessment centre in birmingham at the end of july, anyone with experience of doing this, and the best way to get there on public transport? Cheers john

    • 1 reply
    • 322 views
  4. lindseyb
    Started by lindseyb,

    Hi all! I'm just about coming down now from passing my Physical last Friday....yeah!!! and I'm starting to think about the Medical. I'm a gal who likes to know what to expect but I can find little or no information on this. I'm particularly interested to know if I have to do another eyesight test or if Cheshire deem the eyesight form signed by my optician to be sufficient? Can anyone help me with this? Much appreciated. Lindsey.

  5. Sgt_Scamell
    Started by Sgt_Scamell,

    Hi, i'm knew to the forum so sorry if i am doing something wrong already Hoping to join the police one day, but i'm only 16 at the moment (17 in 19 days) I have the fitness test if anybody wants it? I have uploaded it to the megaupload site. It is 15mb roughly but should only take around 1.5 mins with a free member account, maybe 2 mins without one. I find it very useful when I train... nothing better than the real thing It goes up to level 20, but by reading around it seems you only need up to level 5.4, or around 9.4 if you are training for the armed response teams etc. Just went out in my garden with the 15m strech and attained level 12 on grass with bear feet …

    • 12 replies
    • 817 views
  6. girlee
    Started by girlee,

    Hi. I had a slipped disc in my neck last year. I had some physio and its been fine since. Will it stop me getting in the met?

    • 2 replies
    • 371 views
  7. Jon99
    Started by Jon99,

    Hi guys, I have been in the recruitment process for 1 year and had passed all stages and was at the final vetting stage(west mercia). Today I received a letter saying I cant be offered a place as the time I have spent abroad prevents me the level of vetting required being carried out. I lived in Korea from 1999-Dec 2006 and the l etter states the National secuirty check has been satisfied, but they also have to do "police" type checks and that UK police cannot carry these out abroad. When I first applied a year ago I asked about the 3 year residency criteria and was not told anything negative and began the process. If these "police" checks cannot be carried abroad, does…

  8. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Hi guys Just booked a place on the talking blues course at Warrington for this coming Sunday. Anybody else coming? Matt

    • 1 reply
    • 453 views
  9. pertwee
    Started by pertwee,

    HELP NEEDED!! just filling in the application form and like msot people, find the competencies section rather.....diffcult! having managed 3 out of the 4, I'm stuck on the final one. "try to remember an occasion when you have had to tell a person or a group something tht they might have found upsetting or difficult to hear or read." i would really appreciate any pointers whatsoever.....thanks!!

  10. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    I just want to take a minute to say Hi to peeps. I’ve decided over the past couple of months that im going to apply as an officer in the police force with a view to try and progress as the years go on. Im sending my application to GMP. Lil bit about me, Im 28 years old (almost) I live in a place called Darwen in Lancs, Im currently working for a furniture manufacturer, where I have been for the past 10 years. I have pretty much gotten as far as I can in the furniture industry, but im currently learning CAD, CAM and CnC programming. I run 3 departments, have gained 3 qualification in furniture manufacturing, done 9 courses on effective management, NVQ 2 in Numera…

    • 1 reply
    • 315 views
  11. k1ngy1546620134
    Started by k1ngy1546620134,

    Maybe a little premature (not something im used to :confused: ) but i have applied for Thames Valley Police. Now when i get through all the tests etc and they say Yes you may join where do i go? I live in MK so do i get posted there or will it be somewhere else in the TVP area? Did you get to choose or told just wondered,

    • 1 reply
    • 427 views
  12. andy178981546620138
    Started by andy178981546620138,

    Does anybody know what you are required to do/achieve in the MOD Firearms assesment? and any ways to prepare? thanks a lot, andy.

    • 7 replies
    • 542 views
  13. london-fem
    Started by london-fem,

    WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS FOR WANTING TO JOIN? WHY DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER? ITS ONE OF THE QUESTIONS IN THE APPLICATION FORM. I JUST WANT TO SEE WHY OTHERS WANT TO JOIN. I WANT TO JOIN BECAUSE I LIKE HELPING PEOPLE,HATE CRIME,I WANT TO LEARN NEW THINGS. THERS MORE THOUGH.

    • 6 replies
    • 915 views
  14. 18RSunshine
    Started by 18RSunshine,

    I just came over this website and i thought i would take the chance to ask all my questions about joining the police on here... seen as i have a few Im in my last year of school and have been really into the idea of having a career in the police. However, i've had people saying to me that i need to do a year or two years fitness training?.. is this true as i havent heard of it before? Also, seen as its the last year of my school i would like to participate in as much community involvement activites as i can but i'm not 100% certain what would look good, could anyone recommend to me what kind of jobs and activities i should be getting involved in to gain experience with…

  15. tobymanley
    Started by tobymanley,

    Hello! I'm currently sitting in my hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam. I've been away for 2 weeks now, having travelled through China and am heading for Thailand. Up until this point I was eagerly awaiting my application for Thames Valley police... Having just spoken to my mum though (who is opening my mail), I have received a letter from TVP saying that as I am away for an extended period I will need to get letters of good behaviour from each country! Now i'm in a bit of a panic! This is no drug fuelled jolly or anything near, its simply an extended holiday with my girlfriend seeing some of the world... Could anyone please tell me if this has happened to them and…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.