Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. woody50
    Started by woody50,

    Anyone applied to Essex this time round? Also does anyone know the average turnover time for Essex? 12 months?

    • 262 replies
    • 8.1k views
  2. Gra12
    Started by Gra12,

    I recieved my results yesterday for my assessment centre with GMP and I have passesd!!!! I can honestly say that this feels better than when I graduated from Uni and passed my A-levels!!!! I know that sounds a bit extreme but I have waited ages for this! All the preparation and worrying I did and then the stewing you do over were you might have done well and were you might have done bad. Such a relief!

    • 10 replies
    • 833 views
  3. MikeLUFC7
    Started by MikeLUFC7,

    Hi, all found this place off the main police website, i think , and basically have a question. Basically, i'm currently at college and pondering whether to go onto University - i have been accepted onto the course i wish to do. Or whether to apply to join the police, it is a job i'd like to do. But i have a little question, that i've not seen on the application forms, and with the force that i'd apply to being the Lancaster sector (think thats the right name), their currently not looking, so i'll have to apply later if i do decide to go that way. But my question is, how many people do they take on? As i read they have 1500 packs that they send out, so how many would …

    peteratsea1546620082
  4. ocmasters
    Started by ocmasters,

    Hi just got home from Lewes doing my fitness and medical test. Just vetting checks to go now. Have to wait until July to find out if my start date is going to be Oct or Jan, as they are trying to make more spaces on the oct intake.

    • 2 replies
    • 416 views
  5. robbocop1546620065
    Started by robbocop1546620065,

    Hi all I just wondered if anyone else was finding this whole NVQ thing as daunting as I am? It seems ridiculously complicated and the pre-requisite of obtaining your 100% PAC (basic) competencies before you can go independent seems unrealistic as opposed to the old PDP system where you only had to achieve 80%. Especially the investigate a racial crime. In our county they are few & far between and giving evidence in court (in the 1st 10 weeks??) although I think they're 'simulating' this one - still doesn't bode well with me. As it's a Home Office document, I'm told that individual forces cannot make any local changes to take into account the makeup of their force…

    • 42 replies
    • 6.8k views
  6. Tallpaul847
    Started by Tallpaul847,

    Hello!! I'm due to start with essex on the 28th Aug. However, i'm not a local lad and have been living down in somerset for the last 6 years in the forces. As such i'm looking to rent or share with someone over in Essex. If you think you can help, let me know!! Cheers! Ps. I'm a top bloke! Clean and tidy.. not gobby or in your face, respectful of others etc etc! (Basically.. i'm wonderful! Ha ha! Joking!) Paul.

    • 2 replies
    • 628 views
  7. AndrewB
    Started by AndrewB,

    Hello all, Im 17 and overweight, but my ambition is to become a PCSO. I plan on applying a few months after i turn 18 in August, to continue with my weight loss scheme. I've lost 2 and a half stone already and averaging now at about loosing half a stone each month. I have calculated my BMI now and it is around 33 which is obviously above the 30 required, however if it was say 30.43 what would they do at the medical? I would be preety gutted to have made it that far (If i do) only to fail on BMI as my general fitness is fine, the bleep test is no problem.. So essentially, would they make a deal if i was slightly over?

  8. 1ManRiot
    Started by 1ManRiot,

    This is no doubt a horribly over-asked question, but will being a Special Constable improve your chances or open up extra opportunities to become a regular officer? Thanks again

    • 7 replies
    • 758 views
    museman1546080866
  9. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    Well, I've finally gone and done it. I'm booked in to have Laser eye surgery done next Thursday the 18th with Ultralase in Glasgow. I'm having Wavefront Intralase Lasik done to correct my short sightedness, after having doubts as to whether my eyes would pass the upcoming medical for BTP. I'll admit that I'm a bit apprehensive about the procedure, but I want the job that much that I'm prepared to go through with it. Anyway, fingers crossed and I'll let you all know how it goes.

    • 11 replies
    • 786 views
  10. properjimbo
    Started by properjimbo,

    hi im 18 at the moment and i been wanted to join the police for ages i just never realized that you get a chance to apply, after i been looking at police website and infos i realized that i meet the requirment in genral so this has become my dream job. at the moment i applied to study a course in college BTEC Diploma in Public Services and doing this i hope i can gain experience and learn some basic stuffs you need to communicate, teamwork, fitness ect while still working at my current job. i would like to wait till im in my 20's to gain some experience in life and feel more confident. please give me some advice. is it really hard joining? what can i d…

  11. peterg
    Started by peterg,

    Hi everyone, This may sound like a stupid question, but what is the best place to research recent developments/news etc within the job?? I am through to an assessment centre but want to do loads of research but want to get it from the most relevant source. Otherwise I will probably end up wasting my time reading something that is totally and utterly irrelevant. Is there a publication I can subscribe to or anything?? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated... Cheers guys! Pete

  12. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    I'm gutted. Failed the papersift for Northants, my grades were as follows: RR&D - B Team Working - C Resilience - B Effective Communication - D Overall - C I am slightly frustrated as felt that the competancy example I gave for effective communication was my best and most comprehensive answer. Several PCs that I work with agreed - can't believe it was marked a 'D'! I take it there is no appeal process? Secondly, are the competancies marked to a set national standard? i.e. if I use the same answers I received a 'B' for on re-application will it receive the exact same grading? Thanks.

    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. Tower
    Started by Tower,

    Saw that you have got in with a full reconstruction ACL, welcome to the gang mate! How were they with all that then? Wasnt allowed to join the forces with it, wondering if there is any extra testing on it? If there is bring it on...Got to settle down like, only sending off my application today.

    • 1 reply
    • 397 views
  14. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hi Everyone, I am now at the stage of the application process where references are being obtained from previous employers. The problem ive got is three years ago i was sacked by the company i was working for so i appealed and was given the chance to resign with my reputation intact and a clean reference. So im a little worried what will happen when recruitment send my reference to this company. Therefore if any one as gone through a similar situation or is familiar with police hr could you please send me a PM. pat123

    • 5 replies
    • 668 views
  15. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    Can anybody tell me if Lincs training includes the foundation degree or NVQ? Also where does the training happen?

    • 1 reply
    • 614 views
    philip741546620061

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.