Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    Finally after a long wait,The assessment has approach.It seems like yesterday when i done my papersift and fitness test.I am holding on to my nerves and breath trying to get through in one piece.Have i prepare? ............ Good Luck to all fellow candidate who are having the same assessment as me and see you all tomorrow in guildford's university

    ralph1546620125
  2. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Always a bone of contention amongst newly appointed staff to remember these dreaded things Feel free to add your own that you have either made up for your own recollection or official ones from Centrex etc... Here's a few to be getting on with....

    • 21 replies
    • 53k views
    tango mike 25
  3. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Just reading through my Centrex Information For Candidates booklet and its concerned me a little bit!! The section regarding the interview says during the 20 minute interview you will be assessed on 5 competency areas, one of which is Personal Responsibility. The problem i have is that i didnt have to write a Personal Responsibility answer on my papersift so do i have to do one especially for the interview?? I thought that it was three from four being RRD, resilience, teamworking and effective communication. Can anybody shed any light.

    • 23 replies
    • 4.7k views
  4. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    I have my a/c in two weeks and I'd like to brush up on my maths, does anyone know of any sites that have similar numerical reasoning questions to the one I should expect in the test? I've googled but had no joy. I have the 'succeed at psychometric testing' book already, but would like to exercise my brain before I start practicing timed tests. Thanks people

    kerry1546080985
  5. mrash
    Started by mrash,

    well i didnt even get past the application stage... and the reason? "race and diversity"... i scored very highly in my application, but because i didnt write about a racial variant on the discrimination question, i didnt get past it.... In my eyes, discrimination is discrimination, whether it be against black, white, chinese, gays, tall people, short people etc... in fact, im quite disgusted, especially since getting the knock back there is all this talk about GMP boosting recruitment from ethnic groups. While i believe this is necessary to recruit from all backgrounds, it shouldnt be at the expense of a potentially good police officer. I score better than someone from …

  6. Tufty
    Started by Tufty,

    I have my A/C tomorrow with Essex and to be honest I feel physically ill! I feel reasonably prepared, the only thing I'm really stuck with is a resilience competency question but I'll think of something. Suit ready, shoes clean, nose wiped. Any last minute tips from the masses would be very much appreciated!!

  7. CKDM
    Started by CKDM,

    Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a question I have regarding the application to GMP? I currently have less than 12 months left of my university degree course and my ambition has always been to join GMP. I had a brief chat with a serving officer a couple of weeks ago and was told that it is possible to submit my application now but ask for it to be defered until I leave Uni next year. I hadn't realised that this was an option and have had no luck with the GMP website or on the phone to try and get my question answered. I am keen to 'get the ball rolling' as soon as possible as I know the initial papersift itself is taking several months. I also wo…

    • 9 replies
    • 977 views
  8. ocmasters
    Started by ocmasters,

    Hi I was given my date for my fitness test on the 18/6/07 by post, tody i received a phone call from recruitment telling me they were bringing forward my date to this Thursday. Has this happend to anyone else?

    • 7 replies
    • 425 views
  9. Jay86
    Started by Jay86,

    I've done most of the competency questions on the application form- well all of them but i'm stuck on question three and don't think i've done what they're looking for. I was wondering if anyone would have a look at the questions that i have completed and give me some pointers on question three. i found the others alright to answer but am finding that one harder.

    • 2 replies
    • 511 views
  10. Paul_Cal
    Started by Paul_Cal,

    I am currently applying to join GMP, I passed my fitness test yesterday. So now only the medical and background checks to go. My question is, when are you told which division you are going to be posted to? I would like to know so I can start to research the local areas I will be working in. Thanks Paul

    • 4 replies
    • 794 views
  11. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    Hi, I'm thinking of applying to the police. I know once/if you pass the papersift, that it will be a long process. In the meantime i would like to apply to a security firm who will train me and then go on to be a guard. If I do this will it affect my application for the police force and vice versa?

    • 3 replies
    • 624 views
  12. TaitM91546620137
    Started by TaitM91546620137,

    Just been on the Lothian & Borders website. Iv been reading a lot about two written exercises and 4 mini role-play scenarios but cant seem to see anything about that on the L&B website... Are they not included in their selection process??? Heres a quote from the website: "The same entrance test as taken by applicants for the regular police" which is shown here: http://www.lbp.police.uk/recruitment/pc_index.asp So theres no role-plays or written papers? (other than the SET itself) Martin

    • 3 replies
    • 483 views
  13. chris7033
    Started by chris7033,

    Hi, I'm thinking of applying for the police and am a bit worried about my hand writing which is not very neat and hard to understand if I have to write fast. Am I able to use a laptop in college and on the job at all? Also , would my handwriting affect my application. My spelling etc is generally pretty good, just my hand writing letting me down! I would be very grateful for any answers, thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 297 views
  14. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    Well i have had asthma all my life.... but i don't really get it anymore... im not on regular inhalers and i only ever get it occassionally with the flu..... will it be an issue for my medical? Last time i had a perscription for one was probably over a year ago. Running does not cause a concern for asthma and i think i may have grown out of it, but it suddenly dounted on me

    • 4 replies
    • 431 views
  15. subzero007
    Started by subzero007 * ,

    whats the best magnums to purchase for a newcomer starting hendon?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.