Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    First post here so go easy please! Ex-Military special op's trained PTI, with DV Vetting (those of you who know what this is should be the best placed to help me) Thinking of joining the police, but (no offence meant) dont wont to do my whole career on the 'beat'. So my questions; my obvious route would be Firearms, Can you do this permanently ( i would be based in derbyshire) Special Branch (I worked with SB for 3 years) what criteria do theyrecruit from? Length of service before becoming eligible? Is it rank specific? Any undercover units in the UK Mainland? Worked with E4A for 3 years also. Any other roles i have not thought about that maybe su…

    • 9 replies
    • 564 views
  2. Arksos1546620039
    Started by Arksos1546620039,

    Hi all, just got my medical date from the TVP, 12th of june at 14:30, Do they send anymore info out or is it just the one phone call and the stuff we got at the fitness ? cheers.

    • 9 replies
    • 613 views
    Arksos1546620039
  3. mike pitt
    Started by mike pitt,

    Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. I'm just wondering about the eyesight requirements. I can see great with the aid of contact lenses however without them my vision is really bad Does anyone know how this will effect my application? Any advice would be really appreciated!! Mike

    • 14 replies
    • 990 views
  4. Nurseycop
    Started by Nurseycop,

    Hi! I have been lurking for some time now and think this forum is fab! Many thanks!! I have a quick question about those dreaded competencies. I will prob get laughed at for asking but hey ho. . . Do you fill them in using block capitals or just normal joined up writing?!?!?!?! When I fill out forms I always use block capitals but we're being tested here on handwriting skills etc so does this mean that they need to be in normal handwriting? When writing out police reports is it all done via the computer or are some things still hand written? Am I just over-analysing EVERYTHING? I think I need to go and lie down for a while!! HELP!! :confused:

    • 9 replies
    • 935 views
  5. fletch2007
    Started by fletch2007,

    Hi Guys, I did the assessment centre at Sedgley Park on the 22nd May, Just curious to see if anybody has received a letter back yet with the results? The waiting is doing my head in now :confused:; they did say it was going to be 2 weeks from the last syndicate going through until you receive your feedback, also does anybody know the frequency of the initial Police training course dates. Regards, Rob.

    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  6. amazonia
    Started by amazonia,

    Had my assessment at sedgley yesterday Whew!!! I had done loads of prep work and spent many hours with friends practising role plays etc. All I can say is that I spent the day almost numb with shock. It must be one of the hardest things anyone will ever have to go through. 5 hours without break of an emotional and intellectual rollercoaster. And the buzzer!!!! It's more like a squealing whistle. The only bit of advice I can give is to read the info pack that is sent with your assessment day details and read it again and again. The VR and Numerical test went by in a blur and I found them ok. The interview is the worst part. Just try to be relaxed and don't e…

  7. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    how long do you get to answer the numeracy questions and how many are there? With the verbal and written tests are there any sample questions on the internet i can use to practice?

    • 2 replies
    • 642 views
  8. Rich999
    Started by Rich999,

    Can anyone recommend any good books to read based on general Policing, basic law or anything that will help me when applying. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 856 views
  9. chaz1546620092
    Started by chaz1546620092,

    Hey everyone, silly question, but I start West Midlands Police on 16th July and I am still learning to drive. Would this pose a problem with this force or am I just over worrying over a really silly matter? Sorry but after reading all these scare stories, Im just scared I might get a scary letter saying they have withdrawn my application! Please help!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Hodge1546620135
    Started by Hodge1546620135,

    Hey everyone, ive applied to West Yorks and was checking my status by going to the homepage, going to recruitment, accessing the police officer recruitment page and logging on. since the app process has been closed, you cant get into it that way, how can i check my status now?

    • 5 replies
    • 784 views
    Hodge1546620135
  11. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    Is there a minimum score aquired on the Maths and Verbal Reasoning test ? And also do you get a pen and paper when doing the maths or are you expected to do it in your head ??? Thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
  12. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Hi guys, seven weeks tomorrow i have my A/C and at the moment i am relatively calm about it !! But i have been thinking today, what should i be doing to prep myself for the big occasion. I have never been a good revisor and dont know whether it is best to read the Centrex pack etc daily, weekly or just on the night before. I understand that everyone would probably do it different but just wanted to gauge everybodys viewpoint on it. Thanks in advance of any replies.

    • 9 replies
    • 760 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  13. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    After getting the 'thanks for you application letter', has anyone heard anything regarding papersift result yet? i got that letter towards the start of may so i dont know how long i expect to wait before getting my results...

    • 12 replies
    • 813 views
  14. netto
    Started by netto,

    Had mine today ... anyone else from here going for the rest of the week?! Bon Chance!

    • 20 replies
    • 860 views
    stu11546620112 *
  15. para-signaller
    Started by para-signaller,

    Hi all, Just wondering out of curiosity whats the MDP A/C like? Whats the script with 2 day assessment do we get provided with accom for the 2days?? Does anyone know the timetable example day one this day two this etc? Do we have our final formal interview on the A/C aswell as this would differ from other forces, separate day etc? Sorry about the questions just after some info, thanks alot cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 240 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.