Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi Everyone, I have got my medical in the morning and im not to sure what to expect could anyone please tell me if they take a sample of your hair. Lee

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Dani*
    Started by Dani* * ,

    hey, got the pirt in 6 days, very scared, any tips?

    • 3 replies
    • 468 views
  3. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Hi guys Just had a phonecall from a lovely HR lady to say Ive passed!!!! Assessment centre- 3rd July- let me know how you guys get on!!!!! Im really happy Matt

    • 5 replies
    • 514 views
    kellyleekyle
  4. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    Quick question I'm really worried i'll be cancelled for reaching the sickness limit as part of my application. So far in the last three years i have had 2 days off on one occasion. Whats the amount allowed because i'm really under the weather at the moment and shouldnt be going work, not sure whether to risk it.

    • 6 replies
    • 807 views
    jemz1546620088
  5. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    Has anyone else who has applied for West mercia heard back about the assessment centre familiarisation workshops in April? I send my e-mail saying which one I would like to attend but heard nothing so far.

    • 12 replies
    • 909 views
  6. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    How hard is the Dynamic strength test? I've never done one so I don't really know how to get ready for it. The bleep test is pretty straight forward.

    • 8 replies
    • 648 views
  7. Bluesteel705
    Started by Bluesteel705,

    Hey, just wondering if anyone knows if ALL previous employers give character references or whether they just confirm you were employed at the dates you said you were on the application form? Cheers

    Dogs of Blackpool
  8. weeyv
    Started by weeyv,

    any1 send away their application form for strathclyde at the begining of paril and heard anything bk yet? sent minea away on the 1st got nothing yet, been told from a few peeps it normally only takes 1-2 weeks and the rest of the process is longer. Yvonne x

  9. Bmac1546620138
    Started by Bmac1546620138 * ,

    Hi guys, anyone in GMP who can tell me whether you get paid monthly or every 4 weeks? Easy one for you! Ta.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  10. KateH
    Started by KateH,

    Hi Does anyone know if Staffs have an assessment centre familiarisation type evening? My mate who is in West Mids had one...would be good if we did! Thanks Kate

  11. rhino8
    Started by rhino8,

    Hi All, I am sure I have read a couple of threads that refer to recommended books about the Selection Process. But for the life of me I can't find the relevant threads... doh!! If anyone can help with what you recommend as the best books to get hold of as I have been browsing Amazon and there are several different authors offering the same information, such as Bernice Walmsley, H Tolley, Peter Cox Any advise would be superb. Thank you in Advance. Rhino8

    • 6 replies
    • 644 views
  12. Wavelength
    Started by Wavelength,

    I have been told by WYP recruitment that the application form was reprinted in Jan 2007, however every web site I have seen (various other forces via PoliceCouldYou.co.uk, JoinTheJob.com etc) are all still providing the 2006 application form. Have WYP recruitment got it wrong (again), or is everyone else being very slow to catch up?

    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Hi guys Has anybody heard anything back from Lancashire yet (April/May) recruitment window? I know I'm going to get the "Patience is a virtue" lecture- but what the heck!!!!!! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME Cheers people! Matt

    • 2 replies
    • 390 views
    sharonedwards
  14. robmorgan
    Started by robmorgan,

    Have had a nightmare time in the West Midlands police to date. What with SGTS'S and there negative comments, loads of PDP entries before getting anything signed off and I will have done 2 years in June. Its all getting me down. I have my week 90 review booked for the 23rd April and then I am told that our training dept (PDU) have chosen my PDP to be dip sampled. Its not up to date so I asked for some time off the car yesterday as I work in response. Was given 8 hour hospital watch of an IP and told to do my pdp on scrap paper and tranfer it to PC when I could? I am seriously thining of jacking it all in. The hours are lousy, social life outside the job sucks as my …

    The worst copper
  15. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    I'll be sending off my completed application form shortly. Anyone else applied or considering it?

    gurubumsmack

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.