Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    Anybody for the Surrey Assesment on the 7th of Jun?May be we could get together to discuss about it!!! If interested please e-mail me on ralphpang@yahoo.co.uk to fix a date.........Oppppps i meant 7th not the 6th..........Sorry

    horndawg801546620114
  2. Sam3773
    Started by Sam3773,

    Hey everyone, been browsing the forums to see what general life as a police constable is like and i've found endless information about it which is brilliant. I'm 18 and definitely applying for Avon & Somerset police force at some point, but I would really like to get in as soon as I can. A friend of mine said that the force doesn't tend to take people under 20 because of how young they look, life experience ect.. Basically, if i were to apply now, would my chances of getting in be restricted by my age? Thanks. Sam3773

  3. ocmasters
    Started by ocmasters,

    Hi, I have just got my medical form and have to list my sickness record. I have only had a few days off sick in the last 3 years but dont know the exact dates of these, is this going to be a problem?

    • 4 replies
    • 432 views
  4. Friar Up
    Started by Friar Up,

    This may be a slightly naïve question, but my father-in-law stopped one of our local PC’s and was told that Herts. Recruits can get their initial bus/train fares paid back…is this true ? Many thanks.

  5. hurmund
    Started by hurmund,

    Got my results yesterday from Sussex Police/Centrica.........I only went and passed! 81% RRD 89% Written Communication 100% Oral Communication 66% Overall (don't know how they worked that out) Appointment booked with GP and Optician next week. Fitness Test 19/06/07. GET IN!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 521 views
  6. Westmerciacadet
    Started by Westmerciacadet,

    I have just found out I passed my A/C for West Mercia, I'm so happy. Got 71% overall. I would just like to say thanks to all the people on this forum who have helped me. Cheers Liam

    honey1546620120
  7. Mapps4782
    Started by Mapps4782,

    Hi, have just sent off my application for a transfer to the met. When i called up and spoke to the transferee dept. they said that once the applications/security/medical forms are done thats it. Apparently there is no interview. Is this actually the case??? :roll: if anyone could answer this i would be grateful.

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. runningman1
    Started by runningman1,

    I have narrowed my choices down to a transfer to TVP or Surrey as I live similar distance between both. Any officers from these forces care to give me an insight into what it is like to work for them. I have been to see and chat with representatives from both and they seemed great. Surrey suggested I apply for either Camberley or Staines because I said I wanted to be busy.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
    snowball1546080907
  9. Eddy1546620137
    Started by Eddy1546620137 * ,

    Hi there bare with me as im new here! I have been doing alot of research over a 4 month period into joining the police. I am based in essex and 21 years old .I am currently applying for essex police. I will be applying and plan to finish my application form this week. My working background as seen me do many diffrent jobs. Mostly physical and mentally challenging. My overall aim is to become a dog handler since i have a great love of dogs and currently have an 11 year old shepered myself. I have done 2 foundation courses at university and have found that i dislike sitting around doing nothing, doing the same job over and over again and need something fresh to inspire m…

    • 3 replies
    • 837 views
  10. lee_j_willy
    Started by lee_j_willy * ,

    I signed up as a police officer back in 2004 and it was one rough ride, being moved from station to station. Anyway 14 months into the job i became ill and was diagnosed as being epileptic. Medical research into my condition took its time and in August 2006 I underwent brain surgery. In december 2006 I returned operational and (still under the hospital), but restricted in that I had remain in company with somebody. I still had a fair chunk of PDP to do but I was placed on a Regulation 13 process. This I have worked on and completed as much as possible before my review. Can this be done when you are on restricted duties? Does it involve warning processes or is it …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
    lee_j_willy *
  11. wiggy2008
    Started by wiggy2008,

    What should you eat in the week before a competition? During the week before a competition, you should fill up your glycogen stores so that you begin your competition with a full fuel supply. This is especially important if you are competing in an endurance sport i.e. bleep test. The way to increase your glycogen stores is to taper train during the final week before a competition, and to increase carbohydrate intake. Eat plenty of complex carbohydrate foods, especially those with a low glycaemic index to help boost your glycogen stores. For the last three to four days try to eat a small meal or snack every two or three hours. Plan each meal around high- carbohydrate food…

    • 3 replies
    • 524 views
  12. Mark996
    Started by Mark996,

    Hi everyone. As my start date is June 4th, and is therefore rapidly approaching, I'd like to go and get some shoes from somewhere, but am stuck between 2 kinds..... Do I go for Doc. Martens type 'Parade' shoes for now, or, as I've seen many officers weraing on the beat, Hi Tec Magnum type 'Patrol Boots'?? As my passing out ceremony is only 2 weeks after I start, won't the Magnums look kind of, well, 'Industrial' given the importance of the occasion??

    • 1 reply
    • 813 views
  13. Jac7
    Started by Jac7,

    Hello all! I went to West Mercia recruitment campaign in January and failed my papersift in Febuary, i heard today they are doing another recriutment campaign in June to apply in July. Would this fall inside outside the 6 month re-apply rule? I just want to join!!! Thanks Jac!

    • 8 replies
    • 879 views
    tarquin131546620110
  14. kittykat
    Started by kittykat,

    Hi everyone I have just my fitness test and I am now awaiting to hear about my medical test. I wear contact lenses full time and my eyesight is fine with them on but I am a bit worried about the unaided eyesight test. Does anyone know what this is? Also I have had quite a bad credit rating in the past but I don't think I have any debts outstanding- Could this affect my chances? THANKS

  15. horndawg801546620114
    Started by horndawg801546620114,

    Hi, Does anyone know how long these checks take once you have passed the a/c? I am joining a force which is not my home county and have never lived there. Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
    honey1546620120

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.