Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dave201984
    Started by dave201984,

    Anyone got thier assessment for Devon and Cornwall coming up. I managed to get in on the 17 june. I am absolutly bricking it! Thanks for any replies in advance. Dave

    • 2 replies
    • 540 views
    dad1546620122
  2. huggiebear1
    Started by huggiebear1,

    Any news? Any contact with the evasive recruitment department? I need motivating again as I passed papersift back in March 2005 and received conditional offer back in October 2005!!

  3. KevinK
    Started by KevinK * ,

    Not planning on applying for the police for over a year - but I'm not fit at the moment - well atleast to the standard I think I should be. Got any tips for getting into shape rather than the obvious of running and press ups etc. PS If the test is actually this hard then how are there so many fat bobbys?

    • 5 replies
    • 499 views
  4. bushn
    Started by bushn,

    Hi all I had my medical last week on tuesday, i was advised there that i had passed but i believe i have to await the results of the drugs tests before this is confirmed (i believe they send the samples away). Does anybody know how long it takes for them to get the results? Anyone that has got through recently how long after the medical did it take them to contact you to advise whats next? When i have heard what is next? Thanks in advance for you replies can wait to get everything out of the way and to start!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 561 views
  5. Paulsmith1546620133
    Started by Paulsmith1546620133,

    I want to feel comfortable if and when i get to a final interview and want to know your opinions on not wearing a suit and just going smart/casual. Would i be shooting myself in the foot if i did this?

    • 6 replies
    • 765 views
    Spender1546620039
  6. Paulsmith1546620133
    Started by Paulsmith1546620133,

    Hello, I just wanted to know if anyone has applied to lancashire constabulary during the april window and returned their application and has had confirmation that their application has been recieved as I have yet to here anything?

    sharonedwards
  7. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hey bushn, i had my medical for essex at the start of feb. i hadnt heard anything until 2 weeks ago when they sent me a conditional offer. ive since had my final offer and start on 4th june. i think it takes 2 or so weeks to get the medical results back but i didnt get notified of my passing it, as all results are sent directly to essex police. also bear in mind that they begin to run your security/vetting checks at this time so it does take a while. in my final offer i was told that they are still ongoing. my advice is to be a bit patient and try not to phone recruitment to ask them the progress of your app, i did and wished i hadnt lol!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 385 views
  8. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    hello, anyone else looking at this start date?

    • 1 reply
    • 442 views
  9. tarquin13
    Started by tarquin13,

    Can anybody tell me please what level of hearing is expected from the medical test. short of only having 1 ear , are there any things that can go againt you, ie tinitus , hearing aid etc etc. just wondering really.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    Hi Peeps, I just got the call to tell me that my application has made it through the papersift stage and have been given a date for my assessment centre. Has anyone got any tips that might help me in regards to preparation etc? I heard alot particularly threads on this forum that the role plays are difficult if your not too sure what to expect! Any help, advice or information would be appreciated. Thank you! Dan

  11. mjeone
    Started by mjeone,

    I know that it's 2 yrs minimum befroe you can specialise, but are there different fitness test requirements for the likes of armed response etc? If so what are they?

    • 6 replies
    • 636 views
  12. woody50
    Started by woody50,

    Anyone looking at this start date?

    • 59 replies
    • 2.3k views
  13. jameslwt
    Started by jameslwt,

    I Start with Hampshire onn June 4th (good luck to anyone starting tomorrow!) and was just wondering..... Have got my boots, but do people also have shoes, for those 'smart occasions' or do you just wear your (nice and shiny) boots? Cheers James

    • 3 replies
    • 740 views
    Thin Blue Line1546620116
  14. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    Hi there. I'm currently thinking about applying to the force as my local force is recruiting in July. However,i have an injured knee at the moment and currently waiting for a scan on it which may reveal an operation may be needed. Do you think I should apply and hope the lengthy time the application process takes gives my knee the time to recover, even with an op, or leave it for now.

    • 1 reply
    • 262 views
  15. starz
    Started by starz,

    Has anyone attended one of these support sessions recently and if so did you find it massively helpful? I am working on the three days that these are happening in my area but was just wondering if it would be worth my while attending?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.