Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mikeylegs
    Started by mikeylegs,

    Hi all, Have my fitness test next tuesday, can anyone who has done it tell me if I need to take any official forms with me such as: GP medical forms, passport etc? cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 536 views
  2. andrew_jm
    Started by andrew_jm,

    HI people, i am considering applying for the above but wondered if anyone has any more info to assist. I have tried to find out about the unit but very little info is available. so can anyone help? shift pattern? role? where do they work from? any experiences? any help would be great. Regards andy

    • 17 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    did you do the Talking Blues course??? and if so did it help?? I am just asking because without the course I know I would not have passed!!!! So anyone ready to do your A/C I recommend to do the course!! What does everyone else that has done it think???

    • 5 replies
    • 694 views
  4. Xamari
    Started by Xamari,

    Hi i was just wondering how long it generally takes to get thru the application stage, i mean all the tests, medicals, everything.

    • 21 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. tarquin13
    Started by tarquin13,

    does anybody know please how many days sickness you are allowed before your application will be failed. I thought it was 7 days a year maximum, I have also heard no more than 3 seperate occasions per year.? k

    • 2 replies
    • 623 views
  6. Morty
    Started by Morty,

    Hello all. I have just received my application pack for GMP and was wondering if anyone can give me a bit of advice. What are the chances that my application will be rejected due to my brothers criminal record (we don't live at the same address). Does it depend on what the convictions are? Any help would be appreciated. Morty

  7. Triple 9
    Started by Triple 9,

    Herts are taking transferees direct onto their trainee investigator program here. Does anyone have any experience of this setup with Herts. What are they like to work for as a force? Ta.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  8. KVCK103
    Started by KVCK103 * ,

    Hi I am currently trying to decide which force to apply for and was wondering if any one could shed some light on the recruitment process for Hants?? Such as what is involved in the final interview? Where does the training take place (very optimistic) and do they have any pre employment evenings/ weekends?? Any help would be great!!!!

  9. Storm
    Started by Storm,

    I'm a bit worried at the moment. I noticed yesturday when I dug out my birth certificate that I had spelt my fathers name wrong on my vetting form. Before any one says "thick bint" how can you not know you dads name ! I can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen him - don't write his name often. I phoned Vetting and told them and asked if it would cause a problem (He lives abroad and the vetting has been sent) they said they don't know we'll have to see !! I'm now stressing I'll fail vetting because they can't find him, because I mixed two letters in his name up !! Am I being totally paranoid !! Would appreiate anyone that has knowledg…

    • 2 replies
    • 618 views
  10. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi, Can anyone tell me how far your GP goes back into your records when he/she are signing your white medical form? Lee

  11. showmetheway1981
    Started by showmetheway1981 * ,

    Hi guys/girls, I ve jus had my results from the assessment centre. I passed thankfully. I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten as to what a second interview is?? Cheshire said they are one of only a few forces still to apply this. Its just me a little confused as to what i should be preparing for. Im assuming that should i be succesful in this 'second interview' then i will still have a final interview. Could anyone help me ?? What is this second interview? cheers andy

  12. chaz1546620092
    Started by chaz1546620092,

    Hey everyone!!! I just passed my fitness today and got a start date of July 18th with WMP. I just want to say that this site has been invaluable for me over the past year and really helped me out with all the stages. I just want to thank each and everyone of you that posted queries and advice over this forum. Your help will never be forgotten!!!! Love each and every one of you!!!! Chaz ;-)

    • 3 replies
    • 324 views
  13. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    Will your candidate number be your call sign if you successfully become an officer?

    • 4 replies
    • 397 views
    ralph1546620125
  14. mike pitt
    Started by mike pitt,

    HI Everyone Just wondering what these mean...solap, ATB, OST, ESR. I've heard about them on this forum but don't know what they mean. Your replies would be greatly appreciated!!!

  15. ocmasters
    Started by ocmasters,

    Just a note to say i had a call from recruitment today and have passed the ac stage, got 60% but a pass is a pass i guess. Really thought i had made a complete mess of the ac so you just cant tell.

    • 4 replies
    • 577 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.