Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
First post, so I'll keep it short and to the point. What security checks are done on relatives. Is that basically pre-convictions. I know they don't have any previous convictions. However. I was thinking about debts and such like. Would this be checked out.
-
- 0 replies
- 632 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, any one out there either completed surrey police or going through the motions of applying for surrey police? Ive got my fitness test next tues, which I'm nervous about, but after reading at this stuff about home interviews, police charters etc.. im bricking it about the assesment centers and the interviews. has anyone got any advice? obvuisly i dont want to count my chikens, but presuming i pass the fitness the next stage will be the A/C. Theres lots of info about that here, but do will i have an interview in the A/C as well as another one at a later date? are surrey one of the forces that perform home interviews? or is this standard procedure for all forces? wha…
-
Hallo, I am posting this question for the attention of recruiters. What is the effect of a prior conviction (spent or unspent) on a candidate's recruitment and is there any process of case by case review? Many thanks, Q
-
Well after surving the assessment centre yesterday i feel queitley confident that i have provided the assessors with what they were looking for. I just ahve a question about the next stage of the process. Another candidate asked if the next thing was an interview but i thought this was a part of the asseessment day. I have looked at 2 websites and the process if decribed differently. www.www.gmp-recruitment.co.uk advises the below Application Form Received, Initial Papersift, National Recruitment Assessment Centre, Background Enquiries and Academic and Employee References, Physical Test, Interview, Medical, Offer of Employment www.policecouldyou.co.uk advises the be…
-
- 5 replies
- 659 views
- 2 followers
-
-
When I got my results for the Assessment centre a few months ago I was quite suprised, Not at the fact that I had passed, well maybe lol, but my result for respect for race and diversity was quite low. Luckily I scored well enough in all other aspects to attain a pass. I dont consider myself a racist ( I would'nt be applying for this job if I was ) and am a foster carer who has attended courses with the social services with regards to racial awareness and dealing with children from dual heritage backgrounds and am aware I could receive a child of a different race or religion. The thing is, when I saw my score in this area I was quite dissapointed. I actually thought fo…
-
Hi all, Does any one know if your family members are allowed to attend to watch you be sworn in? thanx J.
-
Hi all I had my assessment centre the other day and i think I may have blown it. The first exercise my syndicate did was the maths and english. I am so angry because they are really easy but I was v nervous and I think I have scribbled my answers in the wrong answer space. I then did my interview and that settled my nerves and everything went ok then. Does anybody know how much the maths and english contribute to the overall mark? Can you fail the whole day because of it? I just cant believe what I have done. Im gutted
-
Hi, im just about finished my application for police constable and i desperately need help ! ''In no more than 700 words discuss policing Scotland in the 21'st century.'' Help! Has anyone got any ideas what to write about? Thanks.
-
-
This may seem like a silly question but, are students still taught foot drill? Also are full dress blues (if that is the right name for them) issued, and do ex servicemen carry their medals over to the uniform. Sorry for what may seem like silly questions but I have a lot of them, trust me lol
-
Has anyone got any information on the following topics? New chief constable for strathclyde? New shift pattern? Merging Divisions? Thanks!!
-
Cant believe it, go to Balluniefield(Tayside) on the 5th and start at Tulliallan on the 11th of June, anyone else going? Reply if you are guys. Also is there any books or tips that might be usefull to have/read before I go? After two years finally got there!
-
I recently re - applied to a force to become a Police Officer and when I applied 6 months prior I got through the paper sift and failed in the interview by a few marks! I have re - applied and as the questions / compentencies were the same used my old form as it had got me through last time! However, received a letter saying I had been unsuccesful and to try again in 6 months and to write if I wanted feedback. I did this and they wrote back with the feedback and said I was not to contact them any further. Silly thing is though the bit I failed last time I passed, and the bits I passed I failed???? Seems a bit odd!! Not only that but I work for thi…
-
Hi All, Its been a long time since I have posted on the forums, I think the last time was back in 2004. Now at that time I was thinking about joining the Police however after sending away for all the application forms etc I did not get around to filling them in. Now my parents were a major factor in me cooling my interest as they were concerned about safety etc. Now I have had numerous jobs since then I have been working for Royal Bank of Scotland for past year or so which while I have enjoyed it theres always been a nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me joining the Police and I dont know why. Now everytime I watch a edition of Roadwars mainly I think to my …
-
Ok well i left school a month before my gcse exams due to illness at the time and im not poor at maths or english but im not the best and can fail at times, but will this effect my chances? i took the mock tests on the website and got them correct. I got the the gym often and would love to become a police officer, what are my chances or is it difficult to even get an interview these days. any info would be great, thanks amy