Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. thebrasso
    Started by thebrasso,

    Hi there, I just received notification that I have passed the papersift with GMP, but also included was an assessment centre date, 25th May 2007 :shock: Obviously I have been doing a bit of work but I really need to start practising. I fully intend to go to an awareness evening on 10th May also. I have been using a book called "How to pass the New Police Selection System" (Tolley, Tolley and Hodge) with a blue cover, can anybody recommend any other practise tests? I work in a call centre, so I get plenty of practice with oral communication although I would say this is my weak area because I tend to be involved in project work quite a bit. Does anybody have any advic…

    • 5 replies
    • 376 views
  2. abitblonde2
    Started by abitblonde2 * ,

    Kent police rung me today and told me i start on 4th June. Is anyone else starting on that day too.

    • 5 replies
    • 518 views
  3. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi everyone, I've got my final interview on wed for GMP i have revised the following:- Why i want to join Gmp Why i want to be a police officer Force initiatives Chief constable My understanding of Diversity PR,R,TW,RRD Do you think this will be enough or do i need more? Please give me your views. Lee

    • 3 replies
    • 465 views
  4. Louise_J
    Started by Louise_J,

    ... Me, by 1 kilo! Have considered jumping off the nearest tall building in shame but have decided to get back down the gym and build up to Hulk Hogan proportions. Knew the physical side would be a challenge for me as I am puney but have been bulking up in the gym for about 2 months and so for 1 kilo to stop me is tough to take. Any kind/ sympathetic/ encouraging words would be welcome. :cry:

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
    snowball1546080907
  5. TomCarr
    Started by TomCarr,

    Hi, I was just wondering wether anyone knows wether you can apply for Police Officer at the same time as pcso ( for another force). I presume they class it as 2 different things, I know you can only apply to one force at a time with Police Officer.

    • 10 replies
    • 573 views
  6. elter
    Started by elter,

    I'm about to go to Centrex which is scary enough but would like to know if i was successful in joining the police whether i would be able to wear long-sleeved shirts instead of short. I suffer from psoriasis on my elbows. I'm applying to West Mercia.

  7. Delta200
    Started by Delta200,

    i have sent off my application form about 2 weeks ago ! but now i am having second thoughts about the pressure in the job ! Its always been the career i have wanted to do , but is it too much pressure? I dont wanna sound silly but i dont think i will pass the application form but if i do ................ should i continue ? anyone else had second thoughts ????

  8. lisssa
    Started by lisssa,

    hi hope someone knows the answer to this..... received my contract today for my 11th June start ( hurrah) and within all the paperwork is a timetable for the next two years. I understand it all about from one week, where apparently we are assigned to 'TUON' is during week 15, halfway through our uni course and after a weeks leave. I know I can ring recruitment and find outon Monday, but im intrigued and just wondered if anyone can work out what it might stand for??!! So far all I can think of is training unit ....... thanks in advance x

    • 2 replies
    • 778 views
  9. Hermia321
    Started by Hermia321,

    Ok I got home yesterday and there was a nice letter telling me I had failed the initial papersift based on exceeding the sickness limit. I had 10 occassions and 16 days. It would have been less, but I rang the recruitment before I filled the sickness in and asked if they counted being sent home from work as a full sick day and they said they did. The reason I asked was that I had a reaction to some medication I was on which gave me killer horrible migraines and so on four separate days I was sent home from work. I have since changed my medication, no more migraines. Sorry for the life story guys. So what I want to know is, can I appeal?? and how do I go about it. …

    • 10 replies
    • 850 views
  10. kelly87
    Started by kelly87 * ,

    hiya .im looking for that cd/dvd and book that helps you get through the different sages of recruitment iv completly forggot what its called any help would be appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 380 views
  11. joannaemmas
    Started by joannaemmas,

    Has anyone out there tried the ISP book & DVD?? Any comments please!

    • 1 reply
    • 428 views
  12. k12rns
    Started by k12rns,

    Now how does that work? I sent my app by special delivery on the 17th, which they obviously received on the 18th. Then on the 20th I received a letter (dated 19th) saying they had received my app & I can track it online - in which they provided me with the web link & password on this letter. I didn't really bother to check as I just assumed it would take at least 2 weeks for there to be any update. On 23rd, curiosity got the better of me so I decided to log on & check the status of my app - & it said I have been unsucessful?!?!?! Then on 24th, I received a letter in the post confirming this. Now that is all within 5 says of the MET receiving my app! …

    • 14 replies
    • 923 views
  13. hurmund
    Started by hurmund,

    I had an assessment for Sussex today. I think I might have failed on the written. I panicked with the first and only got it half completed. The second I completed in time, but it wasn't in a proper 'report' format. I got some reccomendations in ok and I don't think I had any spelling mistakes. How easy is to get 44% on the written tests? I would be interested to hear what percentage other people got. Everything else went swimingly - typical! Back to top

    • 7 replies
    • 647 views
  14. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hey Everyone! Is there anyone else out there waiting for assessment centre results for GMP? I had my A/C on 24th and have not heared anything back yet, not been long tho! If anyone is waiting then it will be interesting to see how everyone did! Good luck.

    • 1 reply
    • 341 views
  15. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    Anybody here training with Lincolnshire police? If so can you tell what its like and for how long? Also is it more on the job training now its all changed.

    • 3 replies
    • 714 views
    Chris Williams

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.