Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mozza1546620133
    Started by Mozza1546620133,

    Hi all, I'm 17 and am currently in 6th form. I want to join the police force when i am old enough and after my two years probational i wish to join the dog team. The problem is can find very little info on the requirements. So far all i can find is that after probational you apply for the dog team and go through training courses with the dog that are physically and mentally demanding, also that they involve learning about veterany treatments and the psychology of the dog. At 6th form i am studying biology, psychology and P.E so hopefully these will help me in these aspects, but any information you could provide me with as to what the training and tests are like would be …

    • 25 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Mozza1546620133
  2. sean29688
    Started by sean29688,

    I am considering joining the MoD police force after university. Could anyone give me advice, information or personal experiences with the MoD police sean2968838792.0315393519

  3. hurmund

    Hi. I have my assessment tomorrow for Sussex Police. Does anyone know how the marks are split across the various sections? ie.. 40% role play. 30% interview etc. Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 349 views
  4. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    It has now been 3 and a half months since I passed my final force interview and I have today received my medical date which is on 30th May 2007. 4 and a half months after my final interview! Looks like I wont be starting in June so now have to wait until September 07. Oh well, better late than never.

    • 3 replies
    • 295 views
    ann11546620050
  5. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi All, Does any one know what the fitness test is for Sussex ?wanna b2007-04-25 22:12:28

  6. michael250975
    Started by michael250975,

    Hi has anyone out there completed the medical for GMP? if so what was it like.

  7. Reptile1
    Started by Reptile1,

    I can't believe it!! "I PASSES" This has got to be the best feeling in the world :!: A great big "Thank You" for all the support on this forum :!: To all those who Failed the first time don't give up :!: :!:

    • 11 replies
    • 542 views
  8. leon1546080884
    Started by leon1546080884,

    does anyone know when cleveland police are recruiting

    • 7 replies
    • 579 views
  9. mrbrownstone
    Started by mrbrownstone,

    Hi, I am a new subscriber (only joined today) and I dont see any posts from people currently in Dorsets pipeline. Getting into dorset has been possibly the most harrowing experience in my 30 years of existence, Assesment center passed 10/06 after initial application 09/05!! Then came a letter in March this year to explain that due to planned intakes 07/08 no one would start until at least July (for successful applicants from a/c previous to mine!!) I called the recruitment team yesterday for an update and was informed that provisional offers would start arriving in the next couple of weeks so I'm Any one else in the same boat??

    • 4 replies
    • 429 views
  10. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Having read a lot of posts on here it strikes me everyone is or as gone through the A/C depression stage. And most say they think they have failed. Therefore my question is this as anyone really felt they have failed yet gone on to pass and why did they think this. I feel these answers will help others like myself who are currently going through the " TWILIGHT ZONE PHASE" Pat 123

    • 5 replies
    • 410 views
  11. barriepotter
    Started by barriepotter,

    hi there, just a general question relating to strathclyde police. i have made it through to the final interview.....(absolutely bricking it). does this mean i have passed all the background checks, or are they still likely to be going on?

    • 7 replies
    • 811 views
  12. tbvjones7
    Started by tbvjones7,

    Hey Guys! I had my A/C for GMP yesterday and thought it went quite well. However after reading some of the posts on here I am a bit concerned about one of the role play excercises. I felt that I dealt with the situation sufficiently, anyone who has done the A/C lately will know which one I mean when I say "suspicious package". Anyway when I went in I challenged the person about innapropriate comments and also challenged him about not doing his job properly. Do you think I will score badly by addressing the situation this way? I am keen to hear how people who have done their A/C and who know which scenario I am talking about did? If you can PM me I would be very great…

    • 1 reply
    • 466 views
  13. juliaellen
    Started by juliaellen,

    Hi all Can anyone tell me how much notice you generally recieve before a start date.? Lady from recruitment told me over phone last week, she was pencilling me in for 4th June - so i have merrily been preparing myself for 4th June, told the childminders etc. But i have no formal offer letter - just conditional offer which i recived ages ago. Now im not great at maths, but i work out i have only 5 weeks to go until 4th june, and my boss would probably appreciate a bit of notice when i tell him im leaving. Anyhoo, is this normal? dorecruitment leave things till the last minute or should i kiss 4th June goodbye? Thanks folks xx

    • 1 reply
    • 338 views
  14. Burnlee
    Started by Burnlee,

    Got my letter today rejecting me at paper sift stage for Lancs. Not too happy especially when looking at the feedback and comments made. Wasn't too sure how they came to the conclusion that they came to given the scenarious I provided. I contacted the recruitment dept and they stated that they would resend the form for a second look. Has anyone had/done this? Was it successful? Am I right to go through this? Any advice will be welcomed.

  15. jameslwt
    Started by jameslwt,

    Hi, I'm new so be nice! Quick question for anyone in Hampshire - at the medical, did they test your eyesight, or did they just look at the civvy opticians eye test report that they send you to get completed? Just curious as to if I will have to have it again at the medical? I only just passed it with the optician, and she was very insistent that I didn't squint! Is this the case with the medical eye test (if I have it again?). I can see much more when I squint! Cheers James

    • 13 replies
    • 767 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.