Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andy_b
    Started by andy_b,

    heard a whisper in the grapevine that l&b are changing their fitness test... anyone got any info on that at all???? If it involves scrapping pressups i'm all for it!! :)

    • 15 replies
    • 564 views
  2. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    I went to Old Trafford yesterday to watch the Chelsea vs Blackburn match and was outside the ground having a few beers. Alongside of our group were a few Police officers and a couple of them were having a chat about how they would not join up nowadays as there is far too much red tape and the government is making Policing harder and harder each day. Now this certainly hasn't put me off but it certainly opened my eyes a little!!

    • 2 replies
    • 574 views
  3. loz19
    Started by loz19 * ,

    can anyone tell me wether the police are as strict on applicants with dylexia and how they handle it because i have real problems with my maths but i have praticed the other tsets and i think i will be fine in them. can anyone give me some advice would be most grateful

    • 4 replies
    • 746 views
  4. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi, Just after some help with my final interview with regards what might be asked. LEE

    • 1 reply
    • 281 views
  5. kevlar
    Started by kevlar,

    i got my conditional offer from essex! i start on 4th june!!! yay!!!

    • 9 replies
    • 575 views
  6. rachael7276
    Started by rachael7276,

    Has anyone else got their interview date through??? I got it this morning, mine is on 30/04 what does number 1 on the things being asked mean?????

    • 4 replies
    • 247 views
  7. Jess Biggins
    Started by Jess Biggins,

    1. What does the medical actually involve? 2. Does anybody know what the Specials fitness test is like? Is it the same as the Regs? Also what exercises does this involve? I'm pretty fit stamina-wise but I don't have very strong arm muscles. I just hope I don't have to do any push-ups! Thanks people !

    • 11 replies
    • 606 views
  8. elvis1977
    Started by elvis1977 * ,

    My daughter recently got turned down for the Cheshire Police at the vetting stage, it was due to a family member being in trouble and going to prison a couple of years ago, I find it incredible as she is the sort of person who is missing in the police force these days, She is kind, understand and honest as the day is long, and if the force had the time to speak to her face to face about it all they would see that. I noticed in the newspapers the other day that the police want more coloured and asian officers , now that's racist, maybe if my daughter was either of those she would had i a better chance. A GOOD POLICE OFFICER IS NOT DEPENDANT ON COLOUR OR CREED BUT ON THEY A…

    • 2 replies
    • 935 views
  9. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    There's only a postal address on the MDP recruitment website. Does anyone have a general recruitment phone number or email address? All I really want to know is whether they will accept applications within 6 months after failing the papersift for a home office force? I'm just wondering whether they have different guidelines due to the difference between home office and mod controlled forces. Plus - they don't mention anything about a 6 month wait on the application or website. I've had one reply stating there is a 6 month wait but just want further/offical confirmation.

    • 2 replies
    • 312 views
  10. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi all. Does anyone know if you're allowed to take a clock or something to time the 5 min roleplays. In my last A/C I struggled to finish the roleplays within 5 mins as when your in there, the time goes really quickly. I just want to be able to put something in front of me so that I would be able to see how much time is left, so e.g. if I had 2 mins left, I know then to stop asking questions and move onto providing solutions to the problem. Plus does anyone know when the A/C scenarios are due to change. I know they change every six months or so.

    • 1 reply
    • 369 views
    mac11546620090
  11. what's a mook?
    Started by what's a mook?,

    Morning all I have received a letter 3 weeks after my submittal saying my application will now be 'competency sifted'. I understand that after sumbittal of my application, the first stage is a paper sift, is this the same thing as 'competency sifted'? To clarify, I have not yet cleared the first hurdle have I?! Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 363 views
    what's a mook?
  12. adolf
    Started by adolf,

    Sent application in to Norfolk in January this year and received receipt of application at the end of Feb but that has been it. Has anybody out there who's applied to Norfolk received a Yes/No in regards to succesful application sift ?

    • 2 replies
    • 307 views
  13. Neee Narr1546620072
    Started by Neee Narr1546620072,

    I saw on Police Review online that Scottish Forces are introducing this new Diploma as a way of developing their future leaders, and gradually phasing out the old style promotion exams. Training will last approx. 18 months and involve a combination of on the job training, assessments and courses at Tulliallen. Any Scottish officers using the forum who are on this scheme or going for it? I'm curious how it's being received? What is competition like for places etc.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  14. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Does anyone know how many officers Warwickshire are looking to recruit during their window next week? I ask because im worried that if they are only taking on 20 or so officers and 1000 people apply, i would only assume they would be extremely strick on the paper sifting!!

    • 1 reply
    • 198 views
  15. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    does antone know if the AC interview questions are similar to the questions in application form,and would it be posible to use the same examples?,got my AC next week,trying to prepare as much as possible.Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 243 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.