Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I got rejected from Cheshire based on the competencies in February and as everyone knows you can't go for any other force for a period of six months. How strict are they on this? I'm only asking because one of the forces I fancy are now recruiting but according to the rules I cannot go until early August which is a bit of a downer. Also I would like to ask after rejection, what do people get up to? Any methods to keep up the motivation to try again? It seems like a waste of 6 months to me sometimes, I won't be giving up but when your in this six month 'ban' period it can get really depressing and frustrating.
-
My Father had a caution for hitting my Mother. I was the age of 2. I haven't seen my Dad since. Will this go against me? What if I do not know the whereabouts of my Father as the application form asks for his address?
-
hello all, just after some advice really. am just in the last 2 weeks of IPLDP programme and am due to go on my tutor unit soon. i am getting very nervous and was just after any tips from anyone that has been through tutor unit. i was told yesterday who my tutor was so i emailed him and am going to meet him on friday. he is going to show me round the station and to meet my sgt. cheers everyone.
-
Hi I receieved my letter on Saturday that i had failed my assessment day. The good side of things is that i can re-apply in 6 months so i certainly will be doing. I know i can pass the papershift and now i know what is required at the assessment i can prepare better, as when i got home i made detailed notes of what had happened and what i had to do. (even though the guy told everybody that we would not remember any of it) Has anybody managed to pass the 25th May? Congratulations to everybody that PASSED
-
- 3 replies
- 409 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone know how often the greater manchester police recruit? I'm going travelling for a year and return sept 08. Is there any chance they will be recruiting soon after this? Thank you for your replies in advance!
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, got my fitness test next tuesday!! Just wondering, i've just had my medical forms back from my Doc's and I've been immunised for dip/tet/polio but I didn't have my booster at 14, does this affect my application in any way, also what immunisations do I need to be a PC? The Doc said its not a problem I just need to find out and they'll update me so to speak, regards Mike
-
- 1 reply
- 478 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I was under the impression that the bleep test is a standard 5.4 regardless of if you're a man or a woman. I was looking through a book today called Blackstones Preparing for Police Duty 2nd edition, that says that the mens bleep is about 3m30s and the womans is 2m45s. Is this true? It seems totally up to date with everything else apart form this one thing. This book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blackstones-Prepar...8923&sr=8-1
-
- 3 replies
- 680 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Just a quick one im currently weighing up my option MDP or GMP and theres something that iv noticed from looking through the forum. Ive read that certain people who fail the assessment centre at anyone force then apply for MDP and told they only have to set the day 2 of the 2day assessment, now to me that seems asif the scores for passing MDP are lower that regional forces with assessment centre scores would i be right in this thinking? I thought that the whole assessment centre is a national standard process called SEARCH so all the scores are the same?? just asking for some clarity here cheers?
-
- 4 replies
- 750 views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi, i'm hoping to join the police but believe i should resolve some issues with my debts first. i have a number of debts that i pay to debt collection agencies, so i have a couple of defaults. i have no ccj or bankrupty. i have had credit agreements terminated- one in 2002/3 and one in 2004/5. my debts total £10k-£12k; 1 loan is £7k, 1 credit card is £2.5k and there are a few much smaller ones, including debts at less than £100. the debts started when my wife gave up work through pregnancy and until recently i've only ever paid token payments. i'm up to date with the small payments i make and i'm not under any pressure from the dc agencies. i'm managing my debts…
-
- 4 replies
- 694 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all, i am going to apply to GMP but everytime i phone for an application pack the mail box is full, anyway, does anybody know if there is another number or if there is a way to fill an application out online? Thanks !!!!!
-
- 2 replies
- 438 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am currently serving in the Fire Service but am hoping to move over to the "dark side " with my application at the first stage of paper sift.Having just had my 3 yearly medical it seems my hearing is poor in one ear.Obviously I am now concerned this may have a detrimental effect on pursueing my Police application. Could anybody please advice on the hearing standard set by the police and also if this is a national standard or does it vary from force to force. Many thanks from a deaf fire officer.
-
- 1 reply
- 381 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been reading different posts lately and some of them mention purchasing various degrees of uniform so i have decided to post this so that 'when' i get through the various degrees of testing i know exactly what is in store for me. Could someone let me know what you get as uniform and what you are expected to get for yourselves, Thanks
-
Can anyone tell me if the CDROM for PCSOs is the same as the CDROM for Police Officers?
-
- 0 replies
- 260 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, been reading these forums for a while now and now that I am applying to my local force I decided to register. Not having too many worries with the application form apart from the convictions and cautions question. I'm currently in the R.A.F and have been charged once just over 5 years ago for drinking whilst on standby duty, there wasn't a court involved as it's all done 'in house' and the only police involvement was by the RAF police from their little station on base. My punishment was washing the military transport sections cars for a few hours over 4 days! I know I have to mention this on the form but is it likely to screw me over?
-
Are the standards too low? With the upmost respect, and i maybe biased due to my background but it seems to me the physical requirements and continuing requirements as your career progess' is terrible! The minimum in the military is 1.5 Mile in under 10 min 30 (if under 30 Y.O) 50 press ups and 50 sit ups (for males) and this to me is slightly too leanient. How do you feel about it all? The police i have worked with in the past have been subject to rigorous training courses and they share the same train of thought i do... Just wondered if any uniform or desk or upper echelon's feel any different?