Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mat77
    Started by mat77,

    Does anyone know if suffering from heartburn caused by acid reflux is likely to see me fail the medical assessment. I dont get it very often at all now and have medication for it.....

    • 1 reply
    • 292 views
  2. willynwilson1546620143
    Started by willynwilson1546620143 * ,

    Hi guys, I am happy to write my first post this morning! I hope one of the people out there can help me with a few things, Whats happened is that i have applied for the Northumbria police, when the new recruitment drive opened, i was just wondering how long it usually takes to hear anything after you have sent off the application via the internet? Also I have some bad news, i was given a 3 month reparation order for theft when i was 16 (2005), i was just wondering if this would affect my chances into applying for the police? Any help would be greatly appreciated Nick

    • 1 reply
    • 614 views
  3. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    during the training period, is there a requirement to undertake activities such as swimming and jogging? i have been told that i would probably be running long distances every morning, and swimming every so often and will need to meet a certain standard in both is this true?

    • 5 replies
    • 951 views
    jemz1546620088
  4. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    i am planning to apply to the police service, but have found my local force is not currently recruiting till march 2008. i have only ever wanted to join the police and will do anything to acheive my goal, however i am very worried about the fitness aspect of the entry requirements, i am probably obese (although fairly strong) im not worried about the push/pull test but i am about the bleep test. i have already started eating healthy and am training 3 times a week on an all purpose machine, and walking/jogging and cycling 2+ times a week aswell as the usual situps etc. could anyone tell me if there is a BMI requirement, and also what everyone recommends for training to …

    • 5 replies
    • 580 views
  5. ami

    hi, I started my application with my local force in October 2006. I completed the paper sift, assessment centre and fitness here.Then i moved house and transferred my application. I completed my medical with my new force and have been conditionally offered a start date of Jan 2008. Yesterday the recruitment manager called me to say that my application could be rejected as the Alevel results I wrote on my original application were not correct and differed from my certificates.I explained that the reason for this was because I did not have the actual certificate at the time, so I called the recruiting department to ask them if I should leave the bit on the form blank, and…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
    rhumbathunder1546619922
  6. enjoy
    Started by enjoy,

    hi ive recently applied to my local force and have started to panic about my current sickness record, im a nurse at my local hospital and am always picking up sickness bugs from work due to the type of department i work in. I have stated this in my application that because of the job I do my sickness record is probably higher than most. am I likely to fail at the papershift stage because of this???

  7. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    So ive passed the PIRT and fitness, and i am taking the interview on 17th July. I have the questions and have written answers for each, they told me they would remain the same for next time as i failed it awhile back. Is it best to just memorise my answers and resight them on the day or is there a better way to success at the interview? I only just missed out last time due to my responce on diversity so am hoping my new answer is adiquate. If anyone has 5mins to spare i could send my answers in a word document and see what you think? Any help appriciated .... not long now :)

    • 2 replies
    • 537 views
  8. woody_westyorkshire
    Started by woody_westyorkshire,

    Just wonderin if everyone gets the same information pack and the same topic's which are involed in your role play. Sorry for so many question just bit nervous.

    • 2 replies
    • 664 views
  9. stemma6
    Started by stemma6,

    Could anyone tell me if the starting pay of £21009, is inclusive of enhancements and shift allowance or is that an extra on top.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. matthewlancs
    Started by matthewlancs,

    Hi guys Does anybody know when your references are contacted- both personal and your most recent employer? Matt

  11. onlooker
    Started by onlooker * ,

    I've always considered joining the police force. I'm awaiting results for my a levels, but, i'll probably be aplying with a degree behind me as well. I work part time behind a bar, which has helped me with managing difficult situations, and just general interaction with people. So I think I may be in a strong enough position..but I don't know. The thing is, i've been diagnosed with a severe mental illness. I'll only aply if i've been stable for a number of years. But does anyone know what the police forces view on this is ? Would I still be allowed to join ?

  12. paoconnor
    Started by paoconnor,

    Hi all, After my 3rd attempt I've finally passed the papersift for Cheshire and actually came in the top 3% of applicants for the force in this recruitment round. I might be jumping the gun a bit but I want to make sure I'm training effectively and would like to know any particular routiness you guys have used to get yourself in good shape. I boxed from the age of 11 to 20 - I'm nearly 23 now and can't really do it anymore due to my current employment. I work in a professional office environment and can't really go in looking bashed up! My fighting weight was about 13.5 stone and I have since lost a lot of that as I have not been training. My initial thoughts were to …

  13. jackson1546620111
    Started by jackson1546620111 * ,

    I first applied for Norfolk police september 2006, in january i got a letter saying i'd passed papersift and they want me to attend fitness test. But i'm still waiting to hear when my fitness test will be! its been 5 months and still nothing! is anyone else waiting so long?? and when is the medical done? is it one of the last things you do? can anyone help. Thanks.

  14. stevieskywalker
    Started by stevieskywalker,

    Hi, I've been a bit silly and managed to pick up an FPN yesterday for non display of tax, basically bought an untaxed car in April and the insurance company gave me the runaround for about six weeks before issuing an insurance certificate, so I've had the cert for about a month now and what with a very busy period at work didn't get round to queuing at the post office to pick up a tax disc. Got pulled yesterday and issued with a FPN, My question is, I'm applying to be a police officer in Sept, how will this FPN sit with the recruitment dept, I've never had any points or any convictions other than this. I am not complaining about getting punished for this, just want t…

    • 3 replies
    • 762 views
    nimrod1546620142
  15. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hi Everyone, I am just awaiting my vetting checks to come back now so fingers crossed. I have spoke to recruitment today and they have said a few checks are back now and they are just waiting for my CTC form i think Is this form the major part of the vetting process and what do they check for with this form? Pat

    • 3 replies
    • 653 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.