Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Radioherd
    Started by Radioherd,

    Afternoon all, just looking for anyone that's been through the Fife selection process that has any pointers or advice. Have the selection exam in a couple weeks as you can see, which although i am confident about having looked at the samples online, i'm still working on the maths just to be certain! My main queries are about the assessment day and interviews (initial and panel). from what i've been told the initial interview is just to make sure you know the role, the problems facing fife, the rank structure etc, which i'm also quite confident with. The assessment day however, i've been told you need to revise a topic and answer a question on it etc, however not sure abo…

  2. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    Do the competency questions need to have all '120 words' or can you have below that? Will you be marked down?

    • 3 replies
    • 563 views
    Morning_Glory1546620138
  3. stevenb1546620123
    Started by stevenb1546620123,

    Hi, I was just wondering how old most people are when they first join as a Student officer. When I applied I was 28 and it's taken over 2.5 years to finally get my start date so now I'm 31. I would have liked to have been optimistic and work with the Police for a nice round 25 years (thinking long term). Reading about other Officers in Bedfordshire Police I can see most have joined in their early to mid-twenties and those who join at an older age are said to be late joiners......I know it's probably a fairly loose term but being 31 now I hope I'm able to serve for as long as possible. :) Steven

    • 53 replies
    • 5.8k views
    amp1546620122 *
  4. scott89
    Started by scott89,

    So thats my BTP assessment day done and dusted, all the nerves and butterflies over, just feel mentally drained. they will let me know within 7 days. then kick on from there, next step medical if i get in.

    • 2 replies
    • 443 views
  5. Morning_Glory1546620138
    Started by Morning_Glory1546620138,

    Hi all I'm just wondering about the PIRT/SET Entrance Tests and the Interview/Assesment centre. Are these carried out on the same day? Or do you attend the PIRT before the assesment so they can filter down the numbers before the assesment centre takes place? Sorry if this is an obvious question but i've read around and never found anywhere that stated they are on the same day or seperate. Cheers Phil

    • 2 replies
    • 442 views
    Morning_Glory1546620138
  6. dave201984
    Started by dave201984,

    Can anyone please help. I have my medical and fitness coming up on the 16th of July and was absolutely over the moon to reach this far. My one concern is that I had my opticians report done yesterday and it shows that there is a slight haze in my left eye from my laser surgery back in Feb 06. It is only slight and It does not effect my vision. Would anyone be able to clarify if this will be a problem. It has taken over a year to get to this stage and I will be gutted if my chances and blown. cheers Dave

    • 2 replies
    • 404 views
  7. paulcull2001
    Started by paulcull2001,

    Wonder if anyone would be kind enough to read one of my competancy questions and let me know what they think? I ll PM it across. Any help gratefully received. Thanks in advance Paul

  8. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    Hi all, Well i have my A/c on 11-sept-07, I am aware that the 4 questions in my interview will be RRD, RESILIENCE,TEAMWORKING,PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. The trouble is that i am struggling to think of a anwser for the PERSONAL RESONSIBILITY, This was the one that was not in the application, it was communication. Communication will assessed throughout the day. Any suggestions or pointers to get me started... Thanks W1LL

    • 4 replies
    • 530 views
    The Backwards Man
  9. para-signaller
    Started by para-signaller,

    Hi all, I need some help with question 3 challenging and difficult situation i want to use the following scenario what are your views heres a brief overview Out in town in a bar, with 4 friends, two of which begin to fight, i jumped into separate them and find out what the problem is, seperated them found out it was a misunderstanding within their conversation. The other friend i was with disagreed with my intervention saying that i could have made it worse or got hurt myself, my response was along the lines of it had to be stopped as it could have got worse and members of the public could have been injured. Just a brief view on it any views people? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 425 views
    para-signaller
  10. kellyleekyle
    Started by kellyleekyle,

    Hi everyone. Well i finally got my results through for Lancs papersift. I failed. I got A overall RRD B RESILIENCE B TEAMWORK B EFFECTIVE COMM A It states i scored in the top 3% of the population and better than 97% of other candidates, BUT, I failed on written communication. This is where i dont understand their feedback. I submitted the same form last year and passed. How can it fail on spelling,grammar, when it passed last year? Also i double checked everything with spelling,grammar checker from word. It stated if you do badly at this stage you will fail at A/C. but i got 87% for written at my A/C so that does not make sense. sorry for going on but im so dissap…

    • 7 replies
    • 883 views
    kellyleekyle
  11. ralph1546620125
    Started by ralph1546620125,

    Today is Friday 22nd of Jun 2007 have not seen it drop into my letterbox..............Awaiting!!!!!

    ralph1546620125
  12. lyndsay552
    Started by lyndsay552,

    Time for a new PSNI topic, the last is getting a bit long!! I have just applied for the new scheme, can anyone advise me if the PSNI recruitment process is along the same lines as the UK police forces as I have seen a lot of books but they all seem to be geared towards the UK forces. If they are different can any one please recommend a good book?? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    I am currently considering applying to the police force, however I sustained a knee injury a few months ago and have recently found out it will most likely need an operation as it is quite a bad injury. Does anyone know whether this will this affect my chances of joining the force. Any information would be appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 487 views
  14. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Though today it all feels worth the worry and waiting ive finally made it into GMP. Lee

  15. Nettie
    Started by Nettie,

    I applied for an emergency call taker position a while ago and have been selected to attend the assessment centre at the end of June. Can anyone give me any indication of what to expect and any advice on how to get through please. I would really love to get this job!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.