Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Tony22
    Started by Tony22,

    IS there anybody curerenlty going throught he recruitment process for West Mids? How are you finding the process? Any info or advice would be great Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 929 views
  2. Tony22
    Started by Tony22,

    JUst a quick question for those who suffer from asthma, or have done in the past. Or those who do not suffer with it!!!!!!! What is/was your peak flow reading? And if you have completed the fitness/medical how did you find the lung function test?

    • 3 replies
    • 510 views
  3. mat77
    Started by mat77,

    Hi all Have made a few posts recently in the run up to my A/C. I got my results today (actually turned up 5 days early!!) Respect Race Diversity 79% Written Communication 89% Oral Communication 100% Overall 63% To say I am pleased is an understatement. Best of luck to anyone else who has an A/C coming up. I dont want to sound smug or anything but I really believe that preparing thoroughly, and thinking about possible answers to questions (I had 2/3 examples for each competency) is the key. Remember personal responsibilty during every exercise, and always concentrate on what you personally have done, and what you can do for people (in the role plays) Good Luck Mat

    • 3 replies
    • 475 views
    carolwar1546620144
  4. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    i have read alot on here about the application being marked A B C etc. what does this mean and what is the better grades to get? does anyone know the minimum grades required, thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 471 views
    Gorbash1546620137
  5. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    Firstly I apologise if this area has already been covered. Do I need copies of my exam results if I finished school in 1995?? I have copies of the certificates from all the courses I have done since leaving school but I cannot find my GCSE results.... Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 618 views
  6. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    i am in the process of completing my application form, on the questions part where it asks about why you want to be a police officer, i have put (summary) " I want to become a police officer because i believe it will offer me a challening and rewarding career, with the oppurtunity to work as a n individual and as part of a team providign a customer focused role in my community" but is this not what i should put in the "what you expect to be undertaking as a police officer" question? how could i include this or redo this question

    • 2 replies
    • 926 views
    Morning_Glory1546620138
  7. Mossy1546620142
    Started by Mossy1546620142,

    How strict are they on handwriting. Mine is legible and quite neat but my writing tends to change. I write on a slant for a bit then it is straight then back to slanty. Will I lose marks for this. Also, is correction fluid allowed? I went to write a word I didnt want to use and it looks a tad untidy. Cheers Mossy

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Ataris
    Started by Ataris,

    I have had 6 1/2 days absence in the last 2 years. Whats the limit before you'll fail the recruitment process? Not that i'm planning on more time off, i just want to see if i'm already past the point of no return. Any ideas?

    • 2 replies
    • 523 views
  9. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    in the questions "why this polie force" and "what impact do you think being a police officer will have on your social/domestic life" how can i ellaborate on this I have applied to my chosen force because i want to provide the highest level of service to benefit my community, and to be part of the Bedfordshire police team. and im not sure what to put for the social/domestic question

    • 3 replies
    • 484 views
  10. Tony22
    Started by Tony22,

    Would anybody be willing to take a look at a couple of my answers, especially my spelling and GRAMMER(which is not the best) And give me some feedback! Thanks to those who offer :)

    • 3 replies
    • 513 views
  11. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    does the application have to be filled in in normal writing or Block capitals?

    • 3 replies
    • 470 views
  12. wannabeblue
    Started by wannabeblue,

    Waiting for the ever incresing time frame to pass to get an offer from Cambs - I have noticed that Northants are recruiting. I phoned their HR this afternoon, and was told that it would be possible to transfer my application + a/c pass to them. What I am not too sure about is the requirement for the Final Interview and how arduous it is. Would the fact that I am an SC in Cambs sway the decision in my favour? What shift patterns do they work in Northants? Would I be posted to a station geographically helpful? With a start date potentially in September or Novemeber with Northants, its certainly a lot more appealing than the projected 2010 start date for Cambs. All these que…

    • 12 replies
    • 939 views
  13. squinz
    Started by squinz,

    Hello, I'm a 23yr old female and after backing out twice from applying I've decided that I really want to go in for the Police and feel it is definately something I want to go in for. But the application form is tying me in knots as I'm really struggling to think of an an answer that gives me some credit for Question 3 (Recalling a decision I made that others may have disagreed with, how did I react to difficulty and challenge). I went to university and now work in Retail, but I honestly am finding it so hard to muster a situation from my life that sounds "ok". . I've looked at example answers on the stickies and understand what the assessors are looking for but I'm ju…

    • 4 replies
    • 557 views
  14. benton
    Started by benton,

    My parents have a IVA will this stop my application as it is not mine

  15. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    I have just done through all my competency questions and have answered them all as best I could. The thing is all the instances i have used have all happened at work. Are they looking for different aspects of life or will these be sufficient? Any answer is welcome, thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 608 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.