Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Nick18

    Hello fellow Contact/Glasses wearing people My eyesight strenght is -3.5 left eye and -4.00 in the right (contact lenses)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As anybody got the same strength as this and passed?????????????????????/Help Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 795 views
  2. shalawr1546620080
    Started by shalawr1546620080,

    Hi all Appologies if this has already been mentioned! But during your training can you specify your choice of team alongside the area you'd like to police?. Just a little thought that entered my head.....Have to pass the recruitment process first lol

    • 6 replies
    • 811 views
  3. cbc
    Started by cbc,

    As my assessment centre gets closer and I get further through my preparation, I'm starting to worry about specifics now. Currently, I'm working on the interview. Now, it's well publicised that the four questions are testing RRD, Resilience, Teamworking and Responsibilty. Obviously we can't post actual questions (for good reasons), but I have a query: Will it be obvious which one is being tested by each question? I've got my bank of answer outlines, which I should be able to adapt to the actual question, but what if I can't tell which one to use? For example, say the question asks about conflict (Conflict seems to be a topic I'm hearing a lot at the moment). Is that test…

    • 3 replies
    • 621 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  4. cjmarrio
    Started by cjmarrio,

    I'm currently filling in my police application form in for Derbyshire police and i'm unsure what question 6 is really asking for: <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Q6 Tell us why you have applied to your chosen police force. Is this the sort of thing they are looking for? -After doing research into Derbyshire's police force I understabnd that it is a force which is extremely well trained and funded, aswell as being a force which is made up of a diverse range of people which reflects the community it serves which is something i would like to be a part of. or am i completely on the wrong track? …

  5. pras1011
    Started by pras1011 * ,

    I hope this is the right forum! I have failed the security check (and they havent told me why) and failed the appeal process and now I am stuck! Has anyone got any opinions or has anyone done something to get the police force to disclose this information? The force that I am applying for is the Met.

    Dogs of Blackpool
  6. SAINTS
    Started by SAINTS,

    Hi All, Just after a little advice. What happens when your in the job and your circumstances change in regards to new partners,lodgers or family members moving in with you. Do you have to tell the police? Are the people vetted? Can you be dismissed for the people who you decide to live with? The reason i ask these questions is because at this stage i live alone but in the future i hope to change this situation. MANY THANKS Pat

    Tim in the South
  7. benton
    Started by benton,

    Had my assessment centre on 28th june, just found out today that i passed and now i am awaiting my medical, while my security checks are being carried out

  8. mat77
    Started by mat77,

    Hi Have just passed my police assessment centre Does anyone know what they are looking for when they do the financial checks. I have filled out a form that says how much I have in loans and credit cards etc, and how much my outgoings are each month. Also they ask if you have missed any payments in the last six months etc or if you have ever missed payments. I have never been late at missing any payments - mortgag/loan/credit card. I do however have a mortgage, a loan, and two credit cards. Is there a limit on how much credit you can have?

    • 2 replies
    • 675 views
  9. willynwilson
    Started by willynwilson,

    Hi guys, I received a phone call on wednesday from my local forces recruitment centre, and they wanted me to email over my the details of my previous conviction (reparation order). I was surprised that they asked me for them because surely they can find out themselves? Does this mean that i have passed the papersift and they are just doing some checks? Or do they do this to everyone? Nick

    • 0 replies
    • 254 views
  10. jaffa20021546620003
    Started by jaffa20021546620003,

    Oh my its finally happened, and with some speed i can tell you! I start at Hants on 12th March and boy i cant wait!

    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. sarah21546620127
    Started by sarah21546620127,

    I am preparing for my A/C in July and have been looking at the interview questions. I have read that I will be asked questions on respect for diversity, team working, personal responsibility, resilience and effective communication. Does anyone know whether the interviewers will choose four topics from this list to ask questions on or will they also ask other questions e.g what do you think are your strengths and weaknesses? Also in answering the questions can we use the examples we gave on the application form or will I have to use a different one? Any help would be great.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. k1ngy1546620134
    Started by k1ngy1546620134,

    I have just had a call from recruitment regarding different aspects ie clarify maiden names etc for wife mother and also because i would rather they did not approach current employer till latr they wanted a character ref. All of this is sorted but what i want to know is does this mean i am nearer to completing or is this just the beginning of sift. I applied 31may07. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 615 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  13. JObrock
    Started by JObrock * ,

    Hi I am currently looking into a possible transfer to Devon and Cornwall. I understand that there is a high demand for these posts. I was wondering if anyone has had any experince or advice on this subject? Regards Joanne

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. carolwar1546620144
    Started by carolwar1546620144,

    hey, just wondering if anyone attended the a/c for North Yorkshire during June and has heard how they did yet and whether they are through to the next stage?

    • 13 replies
    • 568 views
  15. DaveS70R
    Started by DaveS70R,

    Hi! I just passed my A/C (27/06/07) and await the above. Will be gutted if I don't get in now, but not a lot I can do about the background checks / Medical. Can people please give me their opinion on the following please?: On my app form I declared my only 2 driving convictions (now 7 years old) which were investigated and cleared by the force. I genuinely had forgotten about 3 arrests from years ago, where I was never even charged let alone convicted. Besides the fact I had completely forgotten about them as 1 was when I was 17 in 1992, another in 1996 and the last time at least 6 years ago, I don't think I have to declare them as I was never convicted or even ch…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.