Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. xxL1SAxx
    Started by xxL1SAxx,

    Can anyone help??? I am in the process of completing an application for Lothian and Borders Police. My application pack states that the recruitment process from beginning to end is approx 1 year. Does any1 have first hand experience to confirm actual timings? Thanks

  2. Lins0304
    Started by Lins0304,

    Hi, I am really struggling with the third competency question. I am racking my very little brain trying to find a challenging or difficult situation I've been in- can anyone help guide me in the right direction please? How difficult and challenging do they want? Does it have to be personally challenging, or difficult for everyone? It's driving me crackers, because I'm pretty much sorted on the other questions, just this one I'm finding VERY hard! Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 691 views
  3. Kopite1546619987
    Started by Kopite1546619987,

    I dont know if the NOS section of the SOLAP will eventually become as easy as the PAC's did - but at the moment, Im just a bit overwhelmed with it all - and what I need to do. Im keen to get stuck into it, so im not left rushing round come week 50 & 75 etc....but im at a loss how to attack it. Ive got loads of envelopes from jobs ive done that contain evidence. Mainly from jobs where Ive eventually locked up, as there is more content to these I find. So for example, in one envelope I have. ..... 1 - Altaris log 2 - Niche record 3 - Copy of PNB 4 - Corvus print [as was wanted] 5 - AP3 from a colleague 6 - MG11 from myself [arrest] 7 - Feedback from custody…

    • 28 replies
    • 2.9k views
  4. Anyone
    Started by Anyone,

    Last year I passed my national assessment centre and yet I am still waiting for TVP to give me a date for my physical fitness test so I am thinking of transferring. Having had a look at the forces that are recruiting Eseex seems to be the best option and the keenest to take on recruits who have already passed the national assessment centre. So, just wondering. What is the general concensus on Eseex Police? is it a good force to work for? Would you recommend it? Any tips and advice appreciated. xxx Rosa

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  5. kazzy
    Started by kazzy,

    Hi all, Just come in from work after a really crap day to find the usual post.....bills, bills, junk mail and the dreaded window envelope. Open with caution.....OL MY GOD I'VE PASSED! WAHOOOOOO!!!!! Has anyone else heard if they too have passed papersift for Hants? Now it's the waiting game for a/c date. Still back to school for revision on maths, english and writing essays, oh! and brushing up on my typing skills. For some strange reason I'm looking forward to it this time round. Am I sad?

    kerry1546080985
  6. sutty5763
    Started by sutty5763,

    Am thinking about going on a course with one of the companies advertising their services regarding preparation for assessment centre (the role plays and the interview). Talking Blues have been recommended by a couple of people - anybody used them recently care to comment?

    • 8 replies
    • 693 views
  7. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    My friend just passed the assesment centre with a score of 120 is that a good score or average?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Blueboy1546620110
  8. olimorgan
    Started by olimorgan,

    3 years ago I applied to Leicestershire Police and passed the application form but then withdrew my application in order to come to Uni, does this mean I still need to answer Q10, "If you have previously applied to be a police officer what have you done since your last application to better prepare yourself for the role of police officer" only I dont want them to think I have failed at some stage before when I haven't. Any advice would be welcome

    • 3 replies
    • 722 views
  9. SimonReed
    Started by SimonReed,

    With my medical coming on ye horizon, I have a question... Are any sort of height/weight charts used in the medical examination? What rule of thumb do practioners use?? Anyone know? Would be grateful for input. (I am 6ft 1 and 16.5 stone so a big lad) ta'

  10. willynwilson
    Started by willynwilson,

    Hi guys, I have applied for the police, i was just wondering if i was able to apply for the RAF at the same time? Even better, can i apply to be in the RAF police at the same time? Regards

  11. andy178981546620138
    Started by andy178981546620138,

    Got my one day assesment for the MDP on the 19th July, transferred my centrex results over from GMP, anyone else got this date? Any ideas what it involves, or any tips on the firearms assesment? From what i have heard you get taught the basics, handling, dismantling, loading unloading, etc. is this correct? Regards, andy.

    • 2 replies
    • 332 views
    Gorbash1546620137
  12. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    After reading some posts on other well known police forums, people who have recently been to the assessment centre for certain forces are being told that the pass marker has been dropped to 50%....! Birmingham is one. But on the other side lancs have not. Are we right in quessing that maybe this is being piloted. Althought i think issuses of fair play would come into light, if some people pass with 51% for a force but others fail with 59% for another force. How ###### would you be interesting... Comments welcome

    Gorbash1546620137
  13. Squaddiecop
    Started by Squaddiecop,

    Hi Guys and girls, wonder if you can help? I've passed assessment centre, and recently transferred my app from BTP to West Midlands Police, who are recruiting until Aug 31st 2007, can anyone tell me if I'll have to wait for the closing date for my app to start being processed again, as by the looks of things, I'm wainting on my medical and fitness test now?, Anyone in the West Mids Loop? Regards, SC

  14. maca
    Started by maca,

    Can anyone out there tell me the upper age limit for people wishing to change Forces?

  15. aceash_10
    Started by aceash_10,

    Hi all, Does anyone know if recruitment do reference checks with all employers you have previously worked for or just the 2 referees from your current and previous jobs that you put down on the application form. I worked for an agency for about 6 months about 4.5 years ago and can't remember which one it was as I had just left uni and registered with a lot of different ones to get some temporary work. Will this go against me.

    • 1 reply
    • 449 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.