Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gra12

    Hi all, anybody else out there got their final interview withGMP this week?

    • 7 replies
    • 851 views
  2. kerry1546080985
    Started by kerry1546080985,

    hi just a quick questions when applying as a regular in hampshire once you have completed the a/c and fitness do they have a final interiew that you have to do

  3. Mark996
    Started by Mark996,

    Hi everyone, Got my Officer Safety training all next week, so any tips?? I believe that there's an assessment thing to get through on the last day......any ideas whats expected?? Cheers for any help.... Mark.

  4. Morning_Glory1546620138
    Started by Morning_Glory1546620138,

    I'm currently filling out the application for Northumbria and have got a quick question. Recently, in my current employment I had to have about a week off work due to a minor opertation I had at my local GP (had to stay off as the operation was on my foot and couldn't walk for 3-4 days). However, even though I wasn't in the office I was supplied with a company laptop and worked on that. Will I need to count this as sick days on my application? At work they originally went down as sick days on my record but I managed to get this changed to "Working from home" when I explained the use of the laptop. If I put this down as sick leave on the application form there is no area…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
    nimrod1546620142
  5. jhorsfield30
    Started by jhorsfield30,

    Anyone done a pre assessment centre course mock, like INTO BLUE provide? Did it help, was hoping to get a bit of preparation in first?

    • 8 replies
    • 603 views
    dad1546620122
  6. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    are pressups, etc. part of the fitness test? or is it only the bleep test and push/pull test. also are you required to do pressups, situps and running at training school, or any other form of physical fitness and if so is it assesed? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 475 views
  7. Morning_Glory1546620138
    Started by Morning_Glory1546620138,

    I've ordered the How2become a Police Officer CD ROM so I can have a little extra guidance while doing my application. Has anyone else used this before and is it worth it? Bit late to ask really as i've already ordered it but was only £10 so thought I might as well get an order in with the applications ending in 2 weeks!

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. mat77
    Started by mat77,

    Does anyone know wether or not qualifications are checked out at any stage of the recruitment process? For the life of me I cant find any certificates relating to A-Levels or GCE's. I have my degree certificate but thats all. Also I read that someone might be refused due to the fact that the grades they put on the application were different to the certificates they supplied. This is of concern as when I did my application I didnt have my certificates so put down what I think I got. Im sure I remembered correctly but what if I haven't?

    • 16 replies
    • 1k views
  9. misty1546620141
    Started by misty1546620141,

    Does the medical form have to be taken to the actual medical or can it be sent afterwards. I have to take it to my gp and i think it might take a while for her to complete it?

    • 1 reply
    • 315 views
  10. SimonReed
    Started by SimonReed,

    Hi all, I basically need some advice pronto as I am due to speak to my recruitment team tomorrow. In short I have applied for South Wales Police. I have had my application accepted and have also passed the Assessement centre. I am 3 weeks into my security checks and medical forms being signed and returned back. Thinking everything was going along swimmingly, I have recieved a letter yesterday morning telling me that after 'careful consideration' the tattoo's on my inside forearms (both) are unacceptable and that my application is to be terminated. Why am I devastated? Obvious reasons including those below : 1.) I sent full colour photo's of my tattoo's in with my a…

  11. spikeyboy
    Started by spikeyboy * ,

    HEY FOLKS I'M LOOKING FOR SOME HELP ON WHERE TO START ON THIS 700 WORD ESSAY AND WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY POINTS OR INFORMATION ON WHAT I SHOULD INCLUDE IN IT. ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL THANKS

  12. rhino8
    Started by rhino8,

    Hi All, I am currently in the early stages of the Selection Process, nearly finished with my application form. However there is one question I failed to ask in the Seminar I attended a little over a week ago. I am currently in the TA, and I would intend to stay in the TA if I managed to get through the process of joining the Police. Is there anybody in the know, who has any opinion on this, whether this would effect my application? I know that I would have to balance my time especially during the training so that is not an issue, my full time career always comes first. I have asked a couple of serving Police Officers, one of which is in the TA also, they seem to be o…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. lindseyb
    Started by lindseyb,

    Hi I have just heard the disappointing news Anyone else in the same position and how do they feel? I got the call whilst I was at work and so I didn't ask any questions. Anybody else delve into this further with Recruitment? I was thinking in particular about what this does to the status of our applications. I understood that Cheshire would now be getting in references from my previous employers. Anyone else told the same and anyone else told by Recruitment that they've now completed this anyway? I was also told uniform fitting in August? Anyone else told this and anyone else told when this might happen now? I am interested to hear from anyone "sharing my…

  14. JackPotter
    Started by JackPotter,

    Could somebody please explain to me what this is exactly? Is it just the recruitment department sifting out unsuitable applicants, such as those with criminal convictions etc? Thanks guys.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Morse1546080805
    Started by Morse1546080805,

    What is the difference between a student officer and a probationer? Are you not allowed to call a probationer a probationer?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    snowball1546080907

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.