Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    I'm interested in police officers' thoughts on the changeover from Centrex to the NPIA system that happened on 1st April 2007. I've read a little about it. I know that NPIA was what ACPO asked for, but are officers happy with the change, or does anyone think it could be improved upon? I'm not a police officer. I'm a member of the public, a security supervisor, with an interest in this subject. I'd be interested to see if there are any parallels with the training given to guards by most companies.

  2. the mighty rich
    Started by the mighty rich * ,

    i'm seriously thinking about applying for West Midlands or Warwickshire police. two things i'm fnding it difficult to ascertain. Firstely, what are shift patterns generally like? what are likely start times and the like? secondly, is promotion to sergeant generally possible after two years? or is this only for those on the fast track programme? thanks alot

    honey1546620120
  3. W1LL
    Started by W1LL,

    Hi all, Just had the LETTER from TVP......! I have passed the papersift, Assesment is dated 11/09/2007, So not long to prep. Well pleased..... Anyone else heard from TVP..? W1LL

  4. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    Hi everyone! Attended a/c yesterday, so here's the low down! It was a mixed bag really, had the interview first and struggled with the first question due to nerves i think. The rest of the interview seemed to run ok but was alittle dissapointed and felt that i could of handled and constructed my responses alittle better. Next was the numerical tests, which didn't really faze me that much. Got to Q22. Then onto the Verbal Reasoning, answered all the questions and felt that this went better than i expected, although doesn't mean to say that i got all of them right! The written tests, i developed a bit of a mind block to start but soon recov…

  5. Mark996
    Started by Mark996,

    Hi everyone, Today was my first day with Notts Police, and overall, I'm quite bouyed by the whole the thing now...... Today didn't really feature much too taxing, but was a great ice-breaker, and a good chance to get more of those all important questions out in the open...... One thing's for certain though, it's just high-lighted even more that there's 1 hell of a heap of work ahead of us all!!!!! It'll be nice to see the numbers on our shirts tomorrow though, and all look like 'proper coppers' for the first time!!!!

    • 18 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. LEERAF
    Started by LEERAF,

    Hi Everyone, Spoke to my previous employer this morning regarding the reference i need off them and was told they will only send a standard reference back to GMP recruitment and not the one ISSUED BY THE POLICE. Therefore could anyone tell me if this is normal and what is a standard reference. Many thanks Lee

    • 1 reply
    • 476 views
  7. willynwilson
    Started by willynwilson,

    Hi guya, I have just applied for my local force, but nearly 3 years ago, i received a 3 month reparation order for theft, it was a moment of stupidity, and i was only 17 at the time, will this affect my application because i am getting so worried now!

    • 0 replies
    • 463 views
  8. David222941546080888
    Started by David222941546080888,

    What is the pas mark for the set. What do you need to get in each paper to pass????? Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. rhino8
    Started by rhino8,

    Hi all, Well my application has been and gone, just a waiting game now.. Although I am confident on the majority of my application after reading through a couple of forums I am now nervous about the limit on the sick days.. I have been at my current workplace for nearly two years and have had a total of 4 occasions and 5 days, I contacted my last workplace and they said they were unable to pull up any records, so I have looked through an old calender and to the best of my ability I have worked out I was off for 1 occasion and 1 day. So total 5 occasions and 6 days, and this is as accurate as I could manage... After reading comments on a few other forums, it appears to …

    • 17 replies
    • 965 views
  10. LucyJoLookalike
    Started by LucyJoLookalike,

    well, the subject sums up what I was going to say. And what an application it was; It took me an eternity to fill in so if it doesn't pass the papersift I won't be too impressed!

    • 2 replies
    • 383 views
    LucyJoLookalike
  11. cjmarrio
    Started by cjmarrio,

    Hi everyone, I'm preparing an application form at the moment and i'm not sure what sort of things they're looking for for the question below. What preparation have you undertaken before making this application to ensure you know what to expect and that you are prepared for the role of police officer? Hs anyone got any advice or tips? Cheers, Chris

  12. jemz1546620088
    Started by jemz1546620088,

    Is anyone else starting with WYP on July 23rd? I got the good news today and from what I hear its going to be a large intake (40-60 compared with 20 on the last intake!)

    • 1 reply
    • 648 views
  13. Dantheman
    Started by Dantheman,

    Hi, Has anyone been through the a/c structured interview? What's it like?? What am i to expect?? Do you have any advice?? I've prepped myself as much as i can now with all the literature and practice tests but still feel slightly un-prepared with regards to the structured interview. Any advice would be appreciated. Dan

  14. Gra12
    Started by Gra12,

    Hi all, have my final Interview for GMP fairly soon. Was just wondering if anyone could answer a number of queries I have. Firstly how long does it last? Do they read through your application form before the interview and ask you questions around that? Also does anyone know how many people they interview in a day? Is it like he assessment centrtre were 5 people are all being interviewed at once in separate rooms? Any advice would be great Thanks!

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. Dean L
    Started by Dean L,

    Hello All. Can I just say how helpful I have found this forum; it has answered a lot of my questions. I have been thinking of applying for a long time but I am in fear if I get the chance to do the PIRT tests I will fail. I have a good head on my shoulders and very capable but I think my mathematical skills let me down as well as me making silly spelling mistakes. It doesn’t help when I have had little use for grammar and mathematics since finishing my GCSE’s. I have tried a few samples of the maths tests and I think I would be fine with them just it doesn’t help having the time limit imposed, as I find myself rather slow. Anyone else feel they had this sort of pr…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.