Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. fsh
    Started by fsh,

    Hi, Am a newbie to the forum but would like a bit of advice if anyone has any experience of this. I've got through the assessment centre and am now preparing for the final interview, fitness and medical (this is at Leicester). I'm not really bothered with the fitness and the medical will (hopefully!) take care of itself, but there doesn't seem to be much info regarding the interview i.e. what kind of format it takes. I had a look at the questions which someone posted recently which were very helpful, but was wondering if anyone had any further info about the setup etc of the day and how the interview proceeds...is it the same kind of intensity as the assessment centre w…

  2. Mossy1546620142
    Started by Mossy1546620142,

    I have been trying to get through to the number I got off the Grater Manchester site to get an application pack. Everytime I phone I get a recorded message saying that I am through to a voice mail box but unfortunately it is full. Then it says I am being transferred to an attendant, only then to say that my command cannot be completed. Can anyone help me please?

    • 7 replies
    • 437 views
    Mossy1546620142
  3. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    what is covered in the medical?

    • 4 replies
    • 638 views
  4. JackPotter
    Started by JackPotter,

    Alright guys? Im a new member here, studying for my A levels, intending to take Criminology at university, and eventually entering the police service. Thing is, I am a bit concerned about my eyesight concerning colour blindness. I believe I may suffer from mild hereditary colour blindness. Im really worried this could prevent me from pursuing the career I've wanted since I was young. From the tests I have done on the internet, I can easily do both the D15 test (ordering coloured discs) and the City University test (following a coloured box moving within the grey square) but I really struggle with the Ishihara test (recognising numbers within dots). Please can people hel…

  5. ianj460
    Started by ianj460,

    Hi.I am in the process of applying for the Northumbria Police force and I am having a few problems completing the competencies part of the application.I am not sure if it is because I may have lead a sheltered life or I am I trying to find too much of an obvious situation.Questions 1,3 and 4 are the ones Im struggling with most.I would be grateful if you could give me any feedback good or bad on the examples I have thought about using. Competency Question 1: My manager mentioned in the morning at work to the department that a mistake had been made with an order and the person who made the mistake was present but he would be discussing it with him/her at later…

  6. johno78
    Started by johno78 * ,

    My partner (PC and she is a Pc) and I are attempting to transfer from the Met to Greater Manchester Police. That is we have sent off our application forms. We hope that some of our questions can be answered and we could get some advice. 1) Any and all info on the interview and it's process? 2) Does the interview follow the competency PDR examples? That is do they concentrate on examples already given in application forms, ie. 'tear your decisions and examples apart' or do they ask for further examples in eg. resepect for diversity, problem solving, resilience, etc...........? 3) Do they ignore your application form and interview using a standard question forma…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  7. seven
    Started by seven,

    Hi, I am in the application process and have passed the A/C. I would like info about the security/background checks. I worked abroad for 15 years (not the forces) Bahamas, France and the US. I am British and after retrning to the UK in 2004 I have now been resident in the UK for the required three years I am concerned that my background is not the usual. Any ideas if this will prove to be a problem. Not that I have anything to hide but how far back does the background check go. Seven.

    • 1 reply
    • 725 views
  8. holty1546620143
    Started by holty1546620143,

    Hi first time on line, is anyone waiting for a date for the assessment centre for the BTP ?

    • 8 replies
    • 512 views
  9. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Just found out today i passed the papersift! having failed 1st time, this is amazing news. had to phone recruitment up and ask as i hadnt been sent a letter (usual by the sounds of it!) anyway, is anyone else going to August 15th one? any tips at all?!

    • 4 replies
    • 340 views
  10. Guest CATSANDTREES
    Started by Guest CATSANDTREES,

    Did the fitness test today for Leicestershire and actual passed it. Got 6.3 on the bleep and 43/47kgs on push/pull. Did not break any records but a pass is a pass and that will do for me. Should now start in September. Just cannot believe it really, still taking it all in.

    • 4 replies
    • 583 views
  11. BuckyBoy
    Started by BuckyBoy,

    Well like I say I have failed my final interview for Cheshire :( What are my options now? Can I transfer to another police force? The letter did say it was part of a national recruitment process and I should feel free to apply to other forces. Would I have to start from the beginning?

    • 4 replies
    • 939 views
    jemz1546620088
  12. Emma1983
    Started by Emma1983,

    Hi If you got through to the medical then fail on eyesight, then had laser eye surgery, would you need to go back to application stage or have a second medical? I know you need to wait 6 weeks to recover from the surgery but would you need to start again? My eyesight is always changing and i dont know what i'll be able to see 5 months down the line!!! Thanks Emma

    • 5 replies
    • 471 views
  13. Jay86
    Started by Jay86,

    Merseyside are recruiting at the moment (well they were for about 2 days in early May). I managed to get a place on a recruitment seminar on the 19th of this month. I don't really know too much about it but I have received a letter saying that I have to be dressed smartly and that I have to take some ID with me. Does anyone know what to expect from the day? Is anyone else going to either of the seminars (there is also one on the 22nd). I feel a bit silly asking as it's not even a question about the application form. So far I've been a bit of a lurker on here reading about everyone's experiences of the application process so far but thought I would get involved seeing as I…

    • 6 replies
    • 629 views
  14. cjwbeck
    Started by cjwbeck,

    Is anybody else waiting for a start date with Lincs Police? Since passing the assessment stages I have been put back with a start date twice and still only have a provisional start date for November. Has this happened to anybody else from other forces?

    • 1 reply
    • 543 views
  15. olimorgan
    Started by olimorgan,

    First of all hello, been lurking about reading but this is my first post. I have several questions that I have been asking members of the West Midlands Police but I keep getting different answers off different people. Was wondering if you lot could help? 1.) I am going to be starting my third year of Uni in October and finishing in June next year however the application deadline is in December this year so was wondering when I should apply? E-mail from PC from marketing dept. at West Midlands Police said takes 9 months so apply in October, phone call with man from recruitment dept. said can take 2 years so apply now. 2.) On the application form the notes say the referen…

    • 4 replies
    • 751 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.