Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. morethandreams
    Started by morethandreams,

    hey I'm new here. My police application is in and just playing the waiting game right now. I'm just about to finish university and as a sort of celebration of that fact I'am thinking about getting a tattoo on my left forearm. It will be a design that I have created but I know that there are some restrictions on what and where tattoos are. Is the forearm a no go area? thanks Chris.

  2. jon111553
    Started by jon111553,

    I've heard a rumour that the 60% passmark os being dropped to either 50% or 55%. Has anyone else heard this?

  3. cherokee717
    Started by cherokee717,

    Hi guys, Just a quick question, when they do the blood test do you get KO'd for using muscle building supplements/creosote's etc? Anyone had any experiences about this? Love to all...

  4. woody_westyorkshire
    Started by woody_westyorkshire,

    what has everyone been wearing when attending there assesment centre? cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 472 views
    woody_westyorkshire
  5. ScarV
    Started by ScarV,

    Which would be better for me to apply via? Any views are appreciated Thanks :)

    • 5 replies
    • 629 views
    Blueboy1546620110
  6. holty1546620143
    Started by holty1546620143,

    Hi can anyone please give me any sort of help or tips about the written test at the assessment centre, any books to read or has anyone just done it would be a BIG help cheers.

    holty1546620143
  7. kazzy
    Started by kazzy,

    I have my a/c for Hants on 5th July and feeling extremely sick. Have tried a run through on numerical as that was my weakest point where usually I've scored 15 or 16 last night I only scored 5 and 6. Helpppppp!!!! With regard to role plays my mind has gone totally blank after I've done the introduction. I'm beginning to start panicing now as its getting so close and my nerves are all over the place. I want this so bad. Any tips please!

    • 9 replies
    • 532 views
  8. dave.1546620137
    Started by dave.1546620137,

    hello, anyone here work in the CNC that would be willing to help me out with some advice. I currently live in oxfordshire and would probably try and work at the harwell site. I am looking to find out basic things such as.... 1. whats the job really like? Is it just standing about with a gun or is there more too it? 2. what are the prospects like? - are there any teams and good opertunities to gain promotion? 3. Banter - everyone likes to enjoy there work....what are the people generally like? I have heard its a little more relaxed? cheers guys. Dave.

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  9. johnkynaston
    Started by johnkynaston,

    Hi all , I've not been on here for a while after i failed my a/c in March/April. I know Lancashire are recruiting again in September this year and my one question is..... Does the 6 month wait between applications run from the date i initially called for a application pack, or ... from the date i was informed i had failed? The outcome of this question will make the difference as to whether i can apply again in September or the next available chance after that. Again apologies for a question that I'm sure is asked on here daily but I've had a look and could not find an answer myself, i initially applied in Feb 07 (maybe March , seems years ago though!) and was told i …

    • 2 replies
    • 629 views
  10. TVP1
    Started by TVP1,

    Hi All, This is my first post so apologies if this topic has been covered already. Can anyone tell me how the Police pension works i.e. what pension contribution is made and deducted each month from your salary? I understand that the salary will be around £1450 net for TVP (incl living allowance) so just need to know how much will be deducted for pension.

    k1ngy1546620134
  11. Steve G1546620142
    Started by Steve G1546620142,

    I applied online approximately two/three weeks ago for Northumbria. How long does it take for a response?

    • 2 replies
    • 683 views
  12. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi, I've heard that for Lothian and Borders Police fitness test you need to do a 1.5 mile run and sucessfully push/pull 69Kg on a push/pull machine. I don't really know what this machine is. Do you need to be able to push 69Kg and pull 69Kg or is that a combined amount of pushing/pulling? Has anyone done the test recently and if so would being able to bench press 69Kg be a good target for passing this part of the test? I need to improve on my upper body strength a fair bit and so need some goals to aim for. Any help/comments are welcome. Cheers, Chris

    • 4 replies
    • 4.1k views
  13. dad1546620122
    Started by dad1546620122,

    I'm due to sit my assessment centre with the MDP shortly, just fine tuning everything as much aas possible! 2 questions outstanding for me: - For the competancy based interview, I will have to speak for 5 minutes. If I finish early, can I speak up later in the 5 minutes with something I have remembered? I.e. I forget to mention something and then bring it up during the 5 minutes completely out of sequence? Am I judged on structure/fluency? - What are the percentages towards final grading for each section of the a/c? I.e. report writing 15%, interview 40% of final grading. Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 429 views
  14. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All New to this site, but here goes. First of all. I have to attend a fitness/interview (I think on the same day) in either Aug/Sept. Any tips on how to do well in both would be great. Secondly, references.... this is a difficult one, and one I did ask Hampshire when I applied. On the application it asks for 2 references, 1 of which must be your current employer, but unrelated.... thing is, my employer is my father-in-law whom I have worked for, for 8½ yrs part time. I phoned Hampshire when I sent in my application, and they said it would come up in the papersift, but it didnt. I am now so close and far down the line. Will this be held against me? Won't they…

    • 1 reply
    • 814 views
  15. Five Alive
    Started by Five Alive * ,

    Hi All although I have been a member for some time I have never actually posted so here goes..... I have just started an Appeal on my medical as I failed because I have suffered with Post Natal Depression. They have stated that I need to be off my medication for 24 months. I have appealed on the basis that my G.P has provided a medical report saying that I am perfectly healthy to do the job and have recovered, as far as I knew the G.P has the ultimate decision on whether you are fit or not. What about serving officers what is the "regulations" when they are on anti-depressants? Does anybody know of anyone that has failed because of this or even got in whilst still o…

    • 1 reply
    • 444 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.