Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ABBIEIOW
    Started by ABBIEIOW,

    Hi All Two things. No 1, I spoke to my previous employer just to say that he may be contacted by Hampshire to give me a reference. He said they wrote to him 2 months ago requesting a reference, and he gave me a glowing reference. Is this the norm? Do they contact your previous employer before you go through the next stage, I just thought it was after you passed the interview stage. No 2. My current employer is my father in law whom I have worked for, for the past 8 yrs doing book keeping etc part time. On the application, it said they wanted a reference from your current employer, but MUST NOT be related to you. Any ideas where I stand on this? HELP! Abbie ---…

    • 2 replies
    • 763 views
  2. Lorrie
    Started by Lorrie,

    Hello I am trying to do some research for why I would like to join Hampshire Constabulary. I have had a look at their website but I was wondering if anyone had any facts about Hampshire Constabulary that they would share with me. Thanks Lorrie

  3. MSB1978
    Started by MSB1978 * ,

    Hi everyone I am new to this so please go easy on me. I am currently filling out my online application for GMP but I notice on here that some poeple say they have just recieved their info pack so I was just curious to find out if they actually accept the online version? Also I cant seem to find a section on the website where it states the current shift patterns, am I missing something or is this the kind of information that you would get in your application pack? As stated above I am currently doing it online so if anyone knows the shift patterns could they let me know what they are please? also if there is other information that you think I might need then could you le…

    • 3 replies
    • 765 views
  4. summer
    Started by summer,

    Does anyone know if West ids have a final interview? S

    • 1 reply
    • 443 views
    vimto1546620109
  5. Tallpaul847
    Started by Tallpaul847,

    Hi! I've got my unifrom fitting tomorrow for Essex. Was just wondering how long it takes? (I'm a busy man!!) Any other info welcome too. Cheers!!

  6. Jack8382
    Started by Jack8382,

    Hi all I have just been told that I have been successful with my application form and designated a day to attend an assessment centre. :smiley_notworthy: However something on the info for candidates form has confused me. It says that the 20min interview will cover: RRD Teamworking Effective Communication Resilience Problem Solving Obviously the application form asked questions relating to the first 4. Does this mean that I will be asked the same questions again as well as problem solving OR will problem solving be assessed throughout all the 4 other questions??? Please can someone help

    • 5 replies
    • 469 views
  7. cbc
    Started by cbc,

    I had a difficult situation in one of my role plays yesterday and I'm not sure if I handled it correctly. (Difficult to adequately describe without giving away the scenario, but I'll make best efforts) I thought I'd figured where the scenario was going and was after some confirmation. The role actor wasn't giving me a straight answer to a particular question, so I tried a closed question: The only valid answers were "Yes" or "No". Still she ducked it and I never found out that particular piece of information. Given that I figured it was vital to the scenario, what do I do? I had to move on as there was no point pushing further, and in the rest of the five minutes, I fai…

    • 4 replies
    • 747 views
  8. 5581daniel
    Started by 5581daniel,

    I took my assessment for Lincs police on July the 5th. I have not long received my results and to my dissapointment I found that I failed due to the overall mark being 56% and not 60%. I did beat or equal the minimum percentages for the other three core competencies. On looking through the matrix I found that my Oral communication grades were straight A's, the written communication was B's and C's, but then with effective communication I received 1 B, 2 C's and 2 D's. Now i'm putting it down the two D's as being whats messed up my mark. Now what I plan to do it write to the Cheif Constable and include a copy of the matrix results along with a Certificate which shows …

  9. dave.1546620137
    Started by dave.1546620137,

    hi, there is a thread on here regarding the best places to work in the met, amongst other things I have been looking at going to the west mids and would like to pose a similar question. Where's the best area? I have been looking at central, anyone on here work there and whats it like? It is a city centre unit or is it a shift type resource? Cheers, Dave.

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  10. The Backwards Man
    Started by The Backwards Man,

    Sat my a/c in Birmingham today and I'm pleased to inform you that they have lowered the pass mark percentage to 50% This applies to national applicants.

  11. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi all, AND FINALLY Just got to shout out my fantastic news. I had my fitness test today for West mids and i PASSED 3 mins 37 seconds 22 p/p. TOTAL EUPHORIA So much hard work and determination and patience, well its paid dividends today! Happy just isn't sufficient. Recruitment just rang me i start my training 28th August, now the really really hard work starts. Bring it on!!!! Wanna B wanna b2007-07-27 16:06:18

  12. benton
    Started by benton,

    Just been given a start date for West Mids its on the 28th August, its only taken 6 months for all of the recruitment process to be completed. I cant wait 18 years old, so it is possible for young people to achieve it,

  13. crinklybottom
    Started by crinklybottom,

    Hi, I was signed off, with work related stress and depression in 2003. Ended up with 3 weeks off work and was given some happy pills for three months. Was doing 18 hours a day, 6 days a week for 10 months. (And for those of you who say my time management needs looking at, I am afraid the 2nd Gulf expedition got in the way). I have not had any re-occurance since. Will this be a problem??? I have of course disclosed this on my medical form, but am worried that I will be perceived fit for the 'looney bin', which of course, for those of you who have met similar circumstances will know, that it is not the case. I am aware that this type of thing is more common than p…

    crinklybottom
  14. SG07
    Started by SG07,

    Hello. Please excuse me firing such questions at forum members - I am sure a lot of you out there know quite a bit about fitness equipment. Treadmills - what is the best way to use them. My method is to set the incline at 2.5 - 3.0 (no idea what the unit is, is it just %gradient?), as it feels more natural and I've heard it's better for your knees to run at a slight gradient. Others I have spotted in the gym seem to run faster but on the flat. What do you guys think - <3, or 0 incline? Thanks in advance.

    • 0 replies
    • 522 views
  15. Gemini
    Started by Gemini,

    I thought I would share my great news with you. I sat my Assessment in Feb. 2007 and was unsuccessful as I got 59%. Although I was gutted I was proud as I had only failed by 1% and knew that second time around I would get more than 59% and pass. Within these five months I am doing my best to prepare myself for the next time at the Assessment Centre. I attended a college course,"Perparation for police entry test" and I have attended various recruitment workshop events at Lloyd House in Birmingham. I have also taken my feedback from the Assessment Centre to my local police station and went over my results with an officer and took her advice on better preparation. Anyw…

    • 1 reply
    • 442 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.