Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello some of you may remember my post about me probably failing vetting if i was to join as a regular , i have two STEP brothers who have been in and out of trouble with the police and have been in prison once, They seem to be keeping their heads down at the minute . im only 16 at the moment and start basic training in the army in a months time. I belive this way if i still believe i want to join the police force , i can do this after serving 4 years minimum service with the army . By then i will be alot more wiser and uglier . Does anyone here think that the police would pick me more if i have served in the army ?
-
- 5 replies
- 796 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could answer the following questions for me: Does the financial check only bring up the same data that credit agencies like Experian and Equifax have? My next question: There have been periods of employment history where I have worked for a few companies and I simply just didn't turn up to my next shift. This was because I was having a few issues at home and due to this was not able to work. Because of this I have also got a few periods of unemployment. This happened over a period of 3years. This was a good few years ago, about 3-4years ago! I have since been in my current job for about 2.5 years and have managed to sort out the is…
-
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has been or is going through the Bedfordshire Police recruitment process. I've used the forum search but couldn't find any posts from Bedfordshire PC's. I am in the middle of an application having passed Application Form, Assessement Day and having just completed my medical and security questionnaire. I've been told not to hold my breath regarding an immenant appointment however! I only applied this summer so having spoken to a few people at the assessment day I'm been lucky to progress fairly quickly (one guy had been waiting 2 years to get to an assessment day!!). The Beds Police web site says October 2007 but I don't know ho…
-
- 17 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I applied to West Mercia Police, last year in November/December. I found out just before Christmas that i had failed, I had been given C's on all my competency questions. I was struggling to understand how as there feedback said i needed to do XYZ on the form but i had. I left several messages for someone from recruitment to call me for some clarfication in the new year, this never happened. I waited my six months and started applying for West Midlands Police. I had an appointment with someone from West Mids. recruitment yesterday, for some help in pointing out where i went wrong with my application. After he read it he was genuinly shocked that it had failed, and sa…
-
Can anyone tell me what type of questions they've been asked / expecting to be asked at the A/C? For example I'm preparing answers to: When have you experienced another culture? When have you challenged bullying / harassing behaviour? I'm aware of a few more but don't want to be caught out. Jack
-
Hi guys, i've only just found this site.. about 6 weeks after my a/c!! Oh well! I passed first time anyway and am due to start with Essex on the 28th Aug. I'm getting worried though as i've seen a lot of abuse about Essex police on here so far!! Can anyone put my mind at rest!?? Also, does anyone know what the first two weeks of traing consist of and then what Ryton/Ashford is like? Ps. I dont live in Essex so am looking to either get a b&b for the first two weeks down at Essex training college or rent a room. Anyone else in my boat? (Probably not!!) P.
-
hi, im very confused at the moment, do the police actaully incourage more ethnic backgorunds to join or do they just need them to look good in the ranks, im chinese myself and are very concerned how there isnt enough ethnic police officers, for example my story is alot of chinese shop owners feel very uneasy talking to the police due to not understanding very well, and alot of them have very negative views about the police not dealing with rasiam and other stuff, but in my generation (young) we understand that police do treat people the same and sometimes might have other important duty to do, what ever it is i really do want to join the police to make a small differance.…
-
- 3 replies
- 559 views
- 1 follower
-
-
ive just passed my papersift and have got an interview on friday, but i thought after the papersift you had the assesments( written and numerical, then fitness and medical) then the interview
-
I know its not been 2 weeks yet, but the MDP have been very quick with the rest of the process so wouldn't suprise me if they were sent out already! Anyone sit their assessment for the MoD police on 17th/18th/19th of July received their A/C results yet?? I know theres a postal strike possibly delaying things but highly anticipating opening the envelope!
-
- 12 replies
- 776 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Can any one answer my question, i feel awkward and embarrassed about asking but i would like to know, what better place to ask. I am due to start my training on 28th August for West mids, I haven't worked for a while and have been on state benefits. One of the benefits of working with the police is free public transport, i wondered how does this work? as i am relying on public transport to get to my training Centre, i can drive but dont have a car. Free travel to my work place would be a great help financially, until i get back on my feet. So if anyone out there can enlighten me PLEASE i would be grateful. Many thanks …
-
- 1 reply
- 472 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Horrah Occupational Health finally recieved my asthma questionnaire today and passed me WOOHOO. I have had Dormant asthma for 2 years with no medication just incase others are in a simular position you should be ok! That's a huge worry off my mind i can't wait to start in october now!
-
Hi there, I'm in the process of applying to Lothian and Borders Police. I'd like to buy a book that will help me through the different stages of the process. I've found books for English and Welsh forces but nothing for Scottish. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Chris
-
Just had my physical fitness test at Lanc's HQ. Passed it easily Anyone who is due to take the beep test and push/pull test soon should not be worried as long as they have some level of physical fitness. The level you need to reach is fairly easy. On my test the guys marking us told us when we reached level 5.4 so anyone could stop at it. They also told us that if we wanted we could continue as a bit of personal pride to see what our real level of fitness is. It was all lads on my test so no-one stopped at 5.4 (boys can be a little too competitive) however I did stop at level 6 (older and wiser head on my shoulders - no need to exert myself anymore than I really nee…
-
Yesterday I got the letter telling me that I'd failed by just 1%. I've now got 6 months to improve before I can reapply. What can I do between now and then to improve my scores? Here's what I got: RRD: 62% (Role plays ACCB; Interview C, Reports: BA) Teamworking 33% (Straight Cs) Community & Customer Focus: 42% (Role plays BC; Reports DB) Effective Comms 60% (Role plays BBBC, Report B) Problem Solving 61% (Role plays ABD, reports CB, NVT&VLRT A) Personal Responsibilty 33% (Role plays DCC, Interview B) Written Comms 89% (Reports BA, VNT&VLRT A) Oral Comms 87% (Role plays ABBA, Interview A) The low ones there are Teamworking and Personal Responsibility. …
-
Hi Guys, Just wondering if anybody had heard anything from Northumbria yet? I have been patiently waiting, but now i seem to be getting a bit desperate!!! Regards Nick
-
- 11 replies
- 547 views
- 1 follower
-