Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I'm currently filling out my application form and it says that it will check with my employer (thats fine) and my college (Which I left last year) to check my attendance, the problem arises with the fact my girlfriend fell pregnant in the last few months and because College did not offer paternity leave I had to take un-authorised absenses (a lot of them) when she had scans etc. Are they going to instantly fail me for that or will they ask me about and will I have a chance to explain myself? Thanks.
-
Hello, I'm in the process of putting my papers in to leave the RAF Police and I am in the process of applying to join CivPol. Does any one out there have any info or know where there is any info on if and how your military pension transfers across to the Police pension. Is it possible, can time in the military count towards a police pension? I have spent 9 years in the RAFP and I don't really want to start a pension from scratch. Grateful for any help/advice DJCDaveC5202007-06-26 15:28:29
-
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyones got their A/C for West Mids on the 7th August? How are you feeling about it? How much work are you doing? Does it feel like you're never going to get prepared in time?
-
Hi, First time posting so be gentle, Over the next six months or so I am hoping I'll be moving to the North West, and transfering force. From geography I see that Merseyside, Cheshire or GMP are the options for me, all are within reasonable travelling time. There are several questions regarding each force, and would be grateful if people could answer as one or more of the following (they all apply to each force so a M, C or GMP would be appreciated):- 1. Is there a forcewide rota, or do individual areas have their own shift pattern? If so what is that rota? 2. What are the opportunities for overtime? 3. Do transferee's automatically bring their driving permits from o…
-
Hi, I'm applying for fife police and I have my initial interview at the end of August. Does anyone have any advice on what kind of things I will be asked? I have read a lot of the other discussions on here but I didn't find any for fife. Also, if I was to pass the initial interview and attend the assesment day, what does this entail for fife? I have read about role play in the forum but I don't know if this applies for this force? Thanks in advance.
-
On average, how much prep would you say you're doing for the A/C per night?
-
Hi all, Just started the pre-induction 4 week course. They have given a choice of 2 topics, 1 being about the statement of common purpose and values, I'm at a loss as to where I can find relevant information for my essay. Does anyone know of any good websites or books that can help? I will be going to the university library and surfing the web too, but as they say 'every little helps'. cheers fresher07
-
Hi everyone, hope your all alright. I registered on here previously but im a sod with usernames and always forget them I'm looking into joining Greater Manchester Police but i think i might have few issues. Last December i applied to become a PCSO in North Yorkshire Police, i passed the papersift, assessment centre but failed the medical as i was too much of a chubby ######. (I'm 6 foot 1 and weighed 17st 7) I lost a stone in 6 weeks but then was told that all the courses had been filled because my application obviously got deferred, and the only place i could work would be York, which at the time seemed too far away as i dont currently have a driving licence. So my app…
-
I was just reading in some other posts that you are expected to take your passport to your AC. What are the implications of not acctually having nor ever having a passport ?????
-
- 5 replies
- 745 views
- 1 follower
-
-
From what information i can gather, the West Mids don't have a final interview? During the assessment centre interview, is it just on the 4 examples from your past? Or could they also ask reasons for wanting to join the force etc.? I don't think that's right but just wanting to make sure. Thanks for your time everyone.
-
Hi guys, I received a phone call on wednesday from my local forces recruitment centre, and they wanted me to email over my the details of my previous conviction (reparation order). I was surprised that they asked me for them because surely they can find out themselves? Does this mean that i have passed the papersift and they are just doing some checks? Or do they do this to everyone? Nick
-
Hi i wondered if there is anyone who has thought about throwing in the towel!!!! I am wondering if i should stay or go.... it maybe the worst decision i have made or the best............... god this is hard..........i have struggled throughout with the paperwork and i have had more negative comments to last me a life time...i have not met my pdp targets and i am coming upto my 2 yrs this august.... i have dyslexia and only just found out after joining as force paid for tests due to my difficulties and federation involvement... i am wondering if to become a pcso instead as paperwork load is less... anyone experienced this before please feel free to comment..
-
Doesn't seem 5 minutes since i joined notts, now that they have confirmed me i can now leave the Probationers section with my head held high... And for the record im still enjoying it ! And that PDP can be filed in the locker with all that unused material...
-
- 2 replies
- 617 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all I had my medical today with West Mids. Unfortunately this was cut short due to me failing the hearing test with my left ear. I did the test twice just in case and I got the same result. I failed on 2 frequencies. So now I have been diferred and need to get confirmation from a specialist. I dont feel I have any peoblems with my earing or anything, I can hear things just as well as with my right ear... This came to me as a total surprise. Has anyone had similar happen to them and still got in? Regards Johan
-
Hello peeps, had a trawl through the forums but couldn't find anything helpful so I'll ask instead! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Sent my application form off and a week later received the successfully passed paper sift letter! Extremely pleased that I’ve passed the first stage of a long process. Need a little info though, the letter contains the date for a 'structured interview' sounds daunting to me as I've not had to suffer an interview for many years! Can anyone cast any light as to what sort of questions may be asked, just so I can prepare a bit better? Cheers