Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Abby
    Started by Abby,

    Im an 18 year old female who wants to join the police force. I have no criminal record and I have never been in trouble with the police. I just wanted to know how hard it was to get into the force, And are there any tips you guys can give me on how to increase my chances on becoming a police officer? Thank-you

  2. wanna b
    Started by wanna b,

    Hi all, Please Can anyone recommend any shoes or boots and where to get them from? I am joining Westmids. All suggestions appreciated Wanna b

  3. JJ22
    Started by JJ22,

    I found out yesterday that i've passed everything for West Yorkshire and will be starting on July 23rd. Is anyone else starting then?

    • 6 replies
    • 995 views
  4. jlh204
    Started by jlh204,

    Hi, I have just applied for the force and I was just wondering whether the form had to be perfect, for example no msitakes such as one letter out of the box or one or two words that were missed out being put slightly higher. I appreciate your help.

    • 2 replies
    • 571 views
  5. banania
    Started by banania,

    Hi all, I'm currently in the process of completing a Police Officer application for the Met but I'm a little confused over one thing tho,so any info you can give me would be great....... I have just been offered an assesment centre date for Special Constable with the Met too,so am I actually able to apply for the regulars at the same time or do I have to forfeit one application in favour of another,or just apply for Special as that was the original position I applied for?? My application for Special was submitted before I was aware the Met would be taking applications for regulars,hence the cross-over. I hope this makes sense to someone & any …

  6. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Ok guys i am hoping somebody with some fitness knowledge can give me some advice here. I have got my fitness test with A & S in two months time and i am at a dilemma with what to do to prepare. Running wise i can do 2 miles in 13.5 mins or 5 miles in 43 mins. I play competitive football once a week and go to football practise once a week also. But i do have a runners physique i am 5 ft 10 and 11 stone dead so a little on the slim side. Is it worth me joining a gym and hammering the weights for two months in an attempt to gain some mass and therefore sacrafycing (spelling!!) some fitness/speed or should i just go with what i have got? A couple of times a week i do som…

    • 6 replies
    • 466 views
    carolwar1546620144
  7. Blueboy1546620110
    Started by Blueboy1546620110,

    Just preparing to start completing my security questionnare and i am a bit baffled by one of the questions (or more to the point the description on the guidance notes!). The question is 'type of questionnaire' and on the guidance notes it says - would expect to see CTC, SC, DV, PV, or not known. I am planning on putting not known unless somebody van inform me that i am missing the point somewhere.

    Blueboy1546620110
  8. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    Hey guys, filled in my medical last week which was signed by my GP stating i was fit for the job. He added in the comments box i have had asthma IN THE PAST and was last perscribed with inhalors in 2005. I have this morning recieved a latter from the medical department stating i need to fill in an additional questionnaire regarding asthma. Now half ther questions are not relevant as i do not suffer from asthma anymore and my GP believes i have outgrown it as many mature adults do. Im worried about this effecting my application or even resulting in my application being terminated, for something i not longer have. Is this form standard practise or does it indicate pro…

  9. scully
    Started by scully,

    Hello all, Sorry another push and pull question! At the moment I am doing the seated row and chest press to train for it. Seated row i can do 1 set of 10 reps at 42kg and 2 sets of 10 reps at 35kg Chest Press i can do 3 sets of 10 reps at 40kg. I do the above 3 times a week. Is it enough to comfortably pass the push/pull test? Thanks in advance Cat xx

    • 1 reply
    • 335 views
  10. eb3535
    Started by eb3535,

    Hi I'm Eleanor, Well I'll give you some background first. I had to finish uni in the 2nd year due to the department closing down so I decided to join the police, something I'd always wanted to do. Unfortunately they weren't recruiting so I took a job in security at a hospital for experience. This is suprisingly varied and not just about control and restraint. A lot of it is listening and talking to people and persuading them to stay and be treated or dealing with people with mental health issues. I really love this part of the job and i get a real sense of reward by helping someone, although I would like to follow the cases through further. This got me thinking about the …

  11. dave.1546620137
    Started by dave.1546620137,

    Hi, I am TVP and like so many others looking at the met, however I have been talking to a few experianced coppers that have gone over and are now coming back....to be fair one has done 5 years in the met but describes the met as...'cowboys'!? From what I can gather the met seems to be more organised, have more people and most importantly better hours and more money. Is there anyone that has been through this process of transfering that really regrets it / or alternativley is there anyone that believes its the best thing they have done. your contrubutions are appreciated. Dave.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. scully
    Started by scully,

    Evening all, Just after a bit of advice and reassurance! I get migraines, have had them for years and years. Only had 2 days off wrk from them in 3 years, so they dont affect my work at all. I have been referred to a neurologist, and he did an examination and he said there was no neurological defect, it was just migraines, but he is referring me for a scan just to double check. I am going to speak to my doctor on Friday to see if he thinks my migraines will have have an affect on my application. I have found some over the tablet counters which help with my migraines. So, first question - do people think my migraines will stop my application? (Ihave done A/C, waiting o…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. cherokee717
    Started by cherokee717,

    Hi guys, I am currently involved in the application process for Strathclyde Police. I have got through the paper sift and am currently waiting to do my SET's on 27th August. I am creating this post as a kind of 'Home Page' for anyone else who is applying to Strathclyde. There is some ambiguity to the time scales involved in applying to this force so if anyone else is currently further up the application process than I am then perhaps they could clarify this. If anyone has any queries regarding applying to this force then they should post them here, if I do not know the answer then hopefully someone else can help you by reading this forum topic. This would also be a good…

  14. giantdrag
    Started by giantdrag,

    Hi there, I am in the process of filling in the application and have done some forward research. On the medical form its asks about history of broken bones. ive had a couple of breaks, the most serious of which was my arm, 14 years ago. The arm is no problem and I have full mobility, but I do still have a plate and never had it removed. Im sure there are plenty of policemen with plates and pins but will this affect me getting through the medical. I hope not, something tells me that having it removed now will not be a nice experience

    • 2 replies
    • 478 views
  15. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Im struggleing to think of examples of the 5 competencies you are asked at the 20 minute interview stage of the assessment centre, could anyone give me any tips? what kind of questions do they ask when referring to the competencies? is it pretty much...'when have you used teamworking skills?' etc etc?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.